Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Just wonder whether IC Ambassador benefits would be entitled during a BRG stay (1night / more than 1night)?
Absolutely entitled^
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by travelkid
Absolutely entitled^
Glad to hear that. I have BRG 4 IC hotels so far, and I'm thinking of purchasing their Ambassador status while minimizing the chance of being ill-treated during my stay...

I'm not asking for room upgrade, but would be happy if they don't mark us as 'unwelcomed' guests. Hopefully an Ambassador status could help to make our BRG stay a more pleasant one=)
Old Dec 30, 2012, 2:08 pm

You are due an upgrade as every other Ambassador would be. I have never NOT received an upgrade on a BRG stay and had quite a few of them.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
my brg was paid after 3 days
Old Dec 30, 2012, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by MarioRossi
You are due an upgrade as every other Ambassador would be. I have never NOT received an upgrade on a BRG stay and had quite a few of them.
Even it's an 1night BRG stay?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 7:25 pm
Used to be highman123

Question about the member of two households - I'll be traveling with a friend who lives a continent away. Now can we both file alternate claims in the same hotel (or a closeby hotel) every other night? If not can we alternate a paid reservation with a BRG one?

As far as I know the BRG team collects the name of all persons checking in. So it would be obvious that we both stay in the same hotel two nights (though we alternate to one who books).

Any experiences?

Last edited by MightyTravels; Dec 30, 2012 at 7:53 pm
Old Dec 31, 2012, 4:34 am

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
Originally Posted by lsed
Got a BRG approved but got the 'technical difficulty' email and that I have to pay first.

Has the BRG team ever gone back on their word and not paid out after the stay if they confirmed it has been approved?

Thanks!
The BRG had mistakenly approved a claim for me, which they discovered later, but they sent me a check for reimbursement. Even got points for the stay too as the hotel got it's payment.^
Old Dec 31, 2012, 7:44 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by highman123
Question about the member of two households - I'll be traveling with a friend who lives a continent away. Now can we both file alternate claims in the same hotel (or a closeby hotel) every other night? If not can we alternate a paid reservation with a BRG one?

As far as I know the BRG team collects the name of all persons checking in. So it would be obvious that we both stay in the same hotel two nights (though we alternate to one who books).

Any experiences?
Folks another way - what if the first night is an award the second night can be a BRG without restrictions, or?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Originally Posted by highman123
As far as I know the BRG team collects the name of all persons checking in.
Where did you hear/read that?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slowly
Where did you hear/read that?
Have you read the past several pages of this thread?

Since the 50 miles rule and the household rule came in effect.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Even it's an 1night BRG stay?
Yes, even if it's a one-night BRG stay
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
Have you read the past several pages of this thread?

Since the 50 miles rule and the household rule came in effect.
I thought OP meant the names are collected post-stay. If he's referring to BRG team asking for the name of the second guest, I've had a couple of these request, always reply "Undecided" as suggested before, never had problems with that, claims approved anyway.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:59 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by Volpotor
I thought OP meant the names are collected post-stay. If he's referring to BRG team asking for the name of the second guest, I've had a couple of these request, always reply "Undecided" as suggested before, never had problems with that, claims approved anyway.
OK good advice!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:30 am

Hi guys,

One of my BRG, which has been approved last week, is now showing 3 adults instead of 2 adults which I have reserved. I contacted BRG team, and they replied to me saying that I would have to contact the hotel to make the changes and they told me that I couldn't make any changes on my itenary and if I did, that will forfeit my BRG approval. The rate is still showing the original rate of my reservation.

So, should I contact the hotel?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Booked a few AP rates that BRG desk needed time to verify. Took 4 days, and in the meantime CC was charged with the AP rate as it probably was supposed to.

What are peoples experience in such cases? CC will be credited shortly after "house comp" showing, settled at check-in/out, or settled via BRG by check/wire etc after stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.