Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Dec 25, 2012, 2:54 am

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Originally Posted by samwkchan
Hey, is the BRG hotline closed for holiday? I have just called in but it is said that they are closed. When do they reopen?
According to their current out-of-office reply, they're going to reopen on December 25, 2011 at 4pm, Eastern. So I hope they mean 2012
Old Dec 25, 2012, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven
According to their current out-of-office reply, they're going to reopen on December 25, 2011 at 4pm, Eastern. So I hope they mean 2012
Open tomorrow on the 26th. You would imagine that the wages for call center monkeys is so low in the Philippines that it wouldn't make a difference to have them keep the call center 247 365.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 6:45 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
I think it's closed during Christmas, I didn't get email reply from them as well...

Btw, recently, I'm trying to BRG for Istanbul hotels, it's kinda weird that they couldn't find the room type which I found...They even sent me a screen shot showing that the room type really doesn't exist on that website, but I could still see the rate and did the screen shot as well...

How is it possible for them to be on the exactly same URL, but something is missing on their screen compared to mine? I really couldn't understand...And I wonder how to get this BRG...
graphical modifications...
They seem to do this regularly but without any obvious scheme if the 3rd party cannot be held to kill the price immideately...
Old Dec 25, 2012, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by piiit
graphical modifications...
They seem to do this regularly but without any obvious scheme if the 3rd party cannot be held to kill the price immideately...
You mean they actually modified the screen shot? That's kinda un-ethical...
Old Dec 25, 2012, 1:52 pm

I searched this thread a bit but could not find an answer. Searching for hotels in New York I find availability for the HI Express on Kayak.com and it IS bookable but not on the HIExpress website. Is there any recourse for doing a BRG in this situation? Thanks.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 1:56 pm

You must be able to first, reserve a room on IHG.com, then only you could make comparison to any other 3rd party website...You might wanna try to contact the hotel directly to see whether they could make a reservation for you...

Originally Posted by tfjim
I searched this thread a bit but could not find an answer. Searching for hotels in New York I find availability for the HI Express on Kayak.com and it IS bookable but not on the HIExpress website. Is there any recourse for doing a BRG in this situation? Thanks.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 3:38 pm

Happy Christmas all!
My Brg reservation has now changed from 0.01 euro to 124 euro, I was wondering if this has happened to anyone before?

I have a confirm BRG for a night at IC this week..
The hotel modified my reservation within 3 hours after my Brg was approved, and I was able to see from a mobile device that the room rate has adjusted to 0.01 euro.
I have then received a confirmation e-mail and a updated reservation from IC system which confirmed my reservation as House use comp with rate 0.01 euro and also gave me 1 category upgrade as ambassador.

My reservation shown like that for 8 weeks until this Monday.. although the rate type still showing as House use Comp, my room rate is now showing 124 euro..
I though this is rather strange, so I was just wondering if anyone has came across something similar before?
Thanks.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:45 am

You mean they actually modified the screen shot? That's kinda un-ethical...
I am afraid yes.
But there won't be a scheme behind it, its just that sometimes they will verify as valid, then they directly kill the price on the 3rd party site and then there is this screenshot method.
And the rules often change and Hotels often are really unhappy with the Garantuee. You can score great value, but the time consumption and sometimes really weird rule interpretation killing more time and treating the customer like the 'bad guy that stays for free' really doesnt make this garantuee that great as it sounds.
I scored really good things, but the discussions and sometimes rant with one Manager calling me to tell me that she will not accept the garantuee no matter what 3 days after the claim got verified as valid reflects the inconsistency within the chain as well when it comes to Status Benefits, Platinum, Ambassador or Royal Ambassador which vary widely and change a lot as well.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 7:32 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Where's the ambiguity?
Well, it's so ambiguous, I have no idea what they are saying. To me it looks like "your money" (i.e. your payment in whatever currency) "is converted to USD" (i.e. will appear as USD in our account, even though it leaves as whatever currency from your account).

It doesn't sound like they are saying that you will be charged in USD. If that's what they wanted to say, they would have said so.

Best would be to write an email yourself and ask in what currency your credit card will be charged.

HTB.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 9:27 am

LOL. I got a reply today claiming that IHG actually test booked a room on getaroom.com and their card was charged in USD. Wow. They really take it seriously.

So getaroom is dead for non USD bookings.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:04 am

Well, things get funny and absurd...Here goes the story...

At first, I file a BRG at their Istanbul property for their club room, got rejected with a screen shot showing every room type except the club room...Went to the website immediately, the club room has gone...Well, fine, I modified my reservation into deluxe room, then reply to them...Got a reply from them just now, rejected again, they can't 'see' the rate again, but well, it's clearly shown on the previous screen shot which they sent me for rejecting my club room BRG...now waiting for their further response, wonder how they are going to explain themselves...

I am afraid yes.
But there won't be a scheme behind it, its just that sometimes they will verify as valid, then they directly kill the price on the 3rd party site and then there is this screenshot method.
And the rules often change and Hotels often are really unhappy with the Garantuee. You can score great value, but the time consumption and sometimes really weird rule interpretation killing more time and treating the customer like the 'bad guy that stays for free' really doesnt make this garantuee that great as it sounds.
I scored really good things, but the discussions and sometimes rant with one Manager calling me to tell me that she will not accept the garantuee no matter what 3 days after the claim got verified as valid reflects the inconsistency within the chain as well when it comes to Status Benefits, Platinum, Ambassador or Royal Ambassador which vary widely and change a lot as well.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 3:15 pm

Updates

Just got a reply, from a different staff instead, it seems that the previous staff 'doesn't' wish to confront with me...

Got rejected with a different screen shot again...This time their screen shot is showing the 'Club Room' and not showing the 'Deluxe King room'...Went to the website, there's no 'club room' but there's 'deluxe king room'...Well, I modified the itenary again into 'club room' and comparing directly to the screen shot which they have taken...Will see what happens next...Well, I have time...

Well, things get funny and absurd...Here goes the story...

At first, I file a BRG at their Istanbul property for their club room, got rejected with a screen shot showing every room type except the club room...Went to the website immediately, the club room has gone...Well, fine, I modified my reservation into deluxe room, then reply to them...Got a reply from them just now, rejected again, they can't 'see' the rate again, but well, it's clearly shown on the previous screen shot which they sent me for rejecting my club room BRG...now waiting for their further response, wonder how they are going to explain themselves...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 4:20 am

Just got a reply, from a different staff instead, it seems that the previous staff 'doesn't' wish to confront with me...

Got rejected with a different screen shot again...This time their screen shot is showing the 'Club Room' and not showing the 'Deluxe King room'...Went to the website, there's no 'club room' but there's 'deluxe king room'...Well, I modified the itenary again into 'club room' and comparing directly to the screen shot which they have taken...Will see what happens next...Well, I have time...
The first agent will be out of office by now, so another one goes on.
I would call now, as this might go on this way and they will not verify as valid. Its a gamble.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 5:51 am

I thought the same claim will always handled by the same agent...I think so because sometimes, it took some days for the same agent to reply when I asked for some details/pending verification...

I think they are just reluctant to give out the free nights at their istanbul properties...The latest reply which I got is saying that the claim doesn't valid anymore as it has already passed the 24hours time limit, wow...So I made a new reservation (with the exactly same details) and give that agent my reservation number, wonder what she would say next...

Regards.

The first agent will be out of office by now, so another one goes on.
I would call now, as this might go on this way and they will not verify as valid. Its a gamble.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:47 am

I thought the same claim will always handled by the same agent...I think so because sometimes, it took some days for the same agent to reply when I asked for some details/pending verification...

I think they are just reluctant to give out the free nights at their istanbul properties...The latest reply which I got is saying that the claim doesn't valid anymore as it has already passed the 24hours time limit, wow...So I made a new reservation (with the exactly same details) and give that agent my reservation number, wonder what she would say next...

Regards.
It's just easier to call them and handle the BRG on the phone

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.