Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2012, 6:28 pm

Am I reading this right?

If there is an AP rate available, can you not submit a Best Rate Guarantee Claim for a BFR as this would not be the lowest available rate?
Old Dec 4, 2012, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho
Thanks Dirk! I have mailed the BRG dept to see where my $ is. They kept asking me for the sorting code which doesn't exist in Swedish Bank accounts. Not sure if that's the case for the fund transfer issue.
Have you called your bank to ask about this?

I am sure even Sweden is not a country with many many banks, they still have a system to identify each bank electronically - the "sorting code" should be a unique ID for each bank in the nation's clearing system. May be it is not called the same name... but ask your bank what is the number to give the other bank when you need an International Wire Transfer IN.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Happy
Have you called your bank to ask about this?

I am sure even Sweden is not a country with many many banks, they still have a system to identify each bank electronically - the "sorting code" should be a unique ID for each bank in the nation's clearing system. May be it is not called the same name... but ask your bank what is the number to give the other bank when you need an International Wire Transfer IN.
Yep I confirmed with my bank what information I need in order get the $ transferred into my bank account, and they told me that as long as I gave them my BIC I don't need more than that.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by traveldealexpert
Am I reading this right?

If there is an AP rate available, can you not submit a Best Rate Guarantee Claim for a BFR as this would not be the lowest available rate?
Unfortunately yes.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:15 am

i have a stay coming up in korea and i have found competing websites with lower prices but the website states that billing is made in US Dollars. Appreciate any help if i can find korean travel websites?

thanks.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
Msg 1

Dear.Mr. Xxx
Thank you for contacting our office regarding Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the.Holiday Inn. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.
We have verified the lower rate you quoted on www.xxxxx.com . As checked, we determined that the lower rate on the competing website currently stands at.xxx GBP..
We have contacted the hotel and requested them to adjust the first night to be.complimentary..

After 10 min
Msg 2

.+Best Price Guarantee would like to recall the message, "AMBASSADOR: Best Price Guarantee".

After 10 min
Msg 3

Dear.Mr. Xxx,
Thank you for contacting IHG’s Best Price Guarantee Support Desk in reference to rates at Holiday Inn. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.
Please be advised that we are currently researching on this matter. We would get back to you as soon as we have already verified the lower rate you have found.
We appreciate your patience. If you need any other assistance, please let us know.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaell
Msg 1

Dear.Mr. Xxx
Thank you for contacting our office regarding Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the.Holiday Inn. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.
We have verified the lower rate you quoted on www.xxxxx.com . As checked, we determined that the lower rate on the competing website currently stands at.xxx GBP..
We have contacted the hotel and requested them to adjust the first night to be.complimentary..

After 10 min
Msg 2

.+Best Price Guarantee would like to recall the message, "AMBASSADOR: Best Price Guarantee".

After 10 min
Msg 3

Dear.Mr. Xxx,
Thank you for contacting IHG’s Best Price Guarantee Support Desk in reference to rates at Holiday Inn. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.
Please be advised that we are currently researching on this matter. We would get back to you as soon as we have already verified the lower rate you have found.
We appreciate your patience. If you need any other assistance, please let us know.
It happened to me once too. They recall my message and took away my free night because they don't think that website is 'accurate'. You might consider writing back to them right away to find out what happened.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 7:51 am
yus

Successful claim

Very smooth processing this time:
Submitted claim for one night, got request to send second person name, replied with the name. I got the claim approved for 1 free night and got email confirmation from the hotel in less then an hour after my reply. Total time from submission to resolution 2 hours.
I am really impressed with the service.^^^
Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by traveldealexpert
Am I reading this right?

Originally Posted by travelkid
Unfortunately yes.
Again, this is not correct. I have done many claims at BF rate level when there was also an AP avail through the ICH website. The rates simply need to match cancellation terms (which can be difficult). In fact, just booked a valid one last night for the HI Boston.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by denCSA
Again, this is not correct. I have done many claims at BF rate level when there was also an AP avail through the ICH website. The rates simply need to match cancellation terms (which can be difficult). In fact, just booked a valid one last night for the HI Boston.
It's all depending on how the agent interpret the T&C:

Book. Complete a valid (meaning a complete booking with an approved credit card) room booking with the lowest available price (room rate) on any IHG website for any IHG branded hotel using the “Best Available Rate Search.”
Matching Terms. All terms for the room price, including, but not limited to pre-payment, deposit or other requirements must be equal to terms found on an IHG website to be used for comparison. For example, when you book a room that may be cancelled without penalty on an IHG website, you may not compare it to a room with a pre-paid or non-refundable price on a non-IHG website. The Best Price Guarantee is not available for bookings on websites where the booking details are unknown until after purchase.
If they stick to T&C paragraph 1, then you have to book AP rate if it's available. If they stick to paragraph 3, then I guess you can compare BF vs BF.

My experience is that as long as there is AP rate, my claims will not be approved if I booked Best Flex.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
It happened to me once too. They recall my message and took away my free night because they don't think that website is 'accurate'. You might consider writing back to them right away to find out what happened.
How they can recall it, if I know they approved caims before with exactly the same terms :] ?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:46 pm

Finally completed my Venetian stay. I was not charged the resort fee on the comp night. Total cost after resort fee + tax ended up being $568 for 5 nights. Not too bad.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:05 pm

So the claim should be submitted before I book or anytime? I am considering to go to Louisiana and already find a hotel there listed lower rate somewhere else. So do I submit before I book from official website or after I book?

Can I receive the first-night free if I will only stay one night?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:28 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by czhouchem
So the claim should be submitted before I book or anytime? I am considering to go to Louisiana and already find a hotel there listed lower rate somewhere else. So do I submit before I book from official website or after I book?

Can I receive the first-night free if I will only stay one night?
This program is complex. Please carefully read the terms and conditions: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/ihg/rew...rms-conditions

Your questions are clearly answered there. More importantly, if you don't read carefully, you'll make mistakes that no one here will be able to warn you about.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:35 pm

I submitted a total of 3claim forms at 2 different properties, comparing their best flex rates where the AP rates are present, all get approved=)

However, it seems that I need to wait for the hotel to make the changes on my itenary...Well, before that happens, I know it's not free yet...

Regards.

Originally Posted by denCSA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.