Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Sep 30, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: AS GOLD
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
Aprroved on the 21st September and sorry letter on the 1st October . I checked out today and asked about my future reservation which still shows in their system as a BRG . So not sure what's going on here .

Surely once that approve it they can't later (10 days) change their mind. I have submitted a few brg and got the best rate guarantee would like to cancel this message . I'm guessing these are ones that have been approved and then after a second look been denied. I screen shot everything but doesn't count for swat.
if i were you. i would dispute it with their IHG care on facebook. I dont think they can/should take back your approval like that.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 10:57 am

I did have a similar experience on denying a BRG after approval 6 months ago. However, to be honest, the denial was legitimate because the agent overlooked the cancellation policy of the third-party website, so did I. The denial was made as quickly as 2 hours after its initial approval, but not as late as in your situation. As I was booking the room at the best available rate (fully refundable), I don't feel uncomfortable on this issue.

Why is your BRG denied? Did they give any reason?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I just had a look more closely to the reason why they denied it after 10 days. I became suspicious because I would have booked the package they are referring it its still cheaper than the ICH website. But then I noticed something . The agent has clicked and highlighted the rate and room type and price of $380.54AUD but below the total is $340.54AUD I'm not 100% sure but it seems like they have photoshopped my claim so they can deny it.
I checked the third party site all rates are the same it shows $340.54 and below the total of $340.54 . In fact there is no rate on the page for that amount . I believe that have altered the website and forgot to change the total below.

I have contacted IHG care on FB see what happens
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA Premier (*G)
Dear marcello3o3,

Re: Confirmation # 12345678

As one of our valued Priority Club members, we are writing you regarding your upcoming reservation for the Holiday Inn Express Brussels Airport, Belgium. This hotel is no longer part of the IHG system and I would like to apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.

The hotel will be able to honor your reservation as you had originally booked it with IHG, however they will be unable to offer Priority Club points and benefits. If you have any questions or would like to cancel your reservation, please contact the hotel directly. The hotel’s direct phone number is 32.2.725.33.80.

If you prefer to stay at an IHG hotel and enjoy all the benefits of the Priority Club program, please contact our central reservation office at 800-465-4329 and we will be happy to assist you. In addition, you may also visit our web site to locate alternate IHG accommodations at www.ihg.com.

As of September 28, 2013 the following IHG hotels are showing room availability:

1. Crowne Plaza Brussels Le Palace, Belgium

2. Holiday Inn Brussels- Schuman, Belgium

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to any opportunity to host you as our guest in the near future.

Called the hotel today and the answer was: No Sir, we can't grant the best guarantee because we aren't a member of this hotel group anymore.
And no we can't cancel this reservation from our site. You have to do this from your side over the IHG company.

After 3 hours on the line with different desks (reservations, guest relation and best rate guarantee) that's now the facts:

Reservations desk: Sorry sir, we can't see anything from your reservation anymore. Let me please connect you to the guest relations desk.

Guest relations desk told me: Hm, we will connect you with the BRG desk because the BRG is already suceed. This is a problem which will be solved by them.

BRG desk said:
If they charge you we'll pay it back. <-- unacceptable, I won't make a prepay for something what is free. Ok sir, but we can't cancel the reservation from our site. You have to talk to the reservations team.

Reservation desk said: Hm, we can't cancel the reservation because we can't see anymore anything from your reservation, we will connect you to the guest relation desk.

Guest relations desk: Let me have a look what we can do for you. I will ask if it will be possible to book you into another property with the same conditions.

(10 minutes later on hold): Hello, you're speaking with the Best Guarantee desk. What can I do for you...

Waaaaaah, that's so annoying and irritating.

Is it so hard just to get an adequate answer or that they do what I want?

Last edited by marcello3o3; Oct 2, 2012 at 11:40 am Reason: Typo
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:49 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by marcello3o3
BRG desk said: If they charge you we'll pay it back. <-- unacceptable, I won't make a prepay for something what is free. Ok sir, but we can't cancel the reservation from our site. You have to talk to the reservations team.

[...]

Is it so hard just to get an adequate answer or that they do what I want?
That sounds like a fairly adequate answer to me, especially considering how many reports of exactly that happening are found in this thread. And especially if they'll put it in writing for you.

Then the very worst case is you dispute it with the credit card company later, showing your documentation.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:53 am

+1

get it in writing and then claim against the card company if you dont get the refund
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA Premier (*G)
Thanks for your response. I'll write them an email that they please confirm me this procedere in writing.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by lfc84
+1

get it in writing and then claim against the card company if you dont get the refund
Won't work Belguim would be a Chip and Pin transaction and the claim would be against a different retailer
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:18 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
I just had a look more closely to the reason why they denied it after 10 days. I became suspicious because I would have booked the package they are referring it its still cheaper than the ICH website. But then I noticed something . The agent has clicked and highlighted the rate and room type and price of $380.54AUD but below the total is $340.54AUD I'm not 100% sure but it seems like they have photoshopped my claim so they can deny it.
I checked the third party site all rates are the same it shows $340.54 and below the total of $340.54 . In fact there is no rate on the page for that amount . I believe that have altered the website and forgot to change the total below.

This is what i was referring to a few weeks ago with strange things happening and as another user also recently reported here.

I could see a screenshot with an artefact error where a line was not continouing anymore. The price was higher, but they actually had prices and/or room categories removed from the competing website before denying a claim.

As another user had a lot of claims approved for high-price rooms in a short period of time i actually don't understand why they should be doing this as this is acutally something that severely misleads the customer and is tricking claim denials what actually means that a lot of competing website are always cheaper as the IHG Website which leads the whole BPG ad absurdum.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:19 am

I think there is some fudging going on over at the Brg desk . I will give it a break for a few weeks . It's just become a hobby now .

I would like to ask a question regarding the AP . They charge my cc and then 4-6 weeks later I receive a refund . Do I get points , etc for the stay which I paid for ?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I think there is some fudging going on over at the Brg desk . I will give it a break for a few weeks . It's just become a hobby now .

I would like to ask a question regarding the AP . They charge my cc and then 4-6 weeks later I receive a refund . Do I get points , etc for the stay which I paid for ?
Of course not (I wouldn't mind if they do )- they gave you a refund and make your stay non-qualifying.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:57 am

So they take away the points as well ? What about the points earnt from the cc
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:10 am

So they take away the points as well ? What about the points earnt from the cc
Most likely no credit card point either. It has the same effect as returning a product from the viewpoint of the bank.

Last edited by samwkchan; Oct 3, 2012 at 8:14 am Reason: Clarity on negative statement
Old Oct 3, 2012, 5:29 pm

please be aware of perhaps them sending images of prices which only show the prices and not the date ie it could be for another date they look up and then send you the prices for that day.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by piiit
This is what i was referring to a few weeks ago with strange things happening and as another user also recently reported here.

I could see a screenshot with an artefact error where a line was not continouing anymore. The price was higher, but they actually had prices and/or room categories removed from the competing website before denying a claim.

As another user had a lot of claims approved for high-price rooms in a short period of time i actually don't understand why they should be doing this as this is acutally something that severely misleads the customer and is tricking claim denials what actually means that a lot of competing website are always cheaper as the IHG Website which leads the whole BPG ad absurdum.
#

yes this is going on.. put on hold rate dissapears.. found it cheaper whilst on another site... once again rate dissapears (after being put on hold) tip.... phone when the competing website reservation department is closed so they cant call them and get them to change rate.

Last edited by marko4ever29; Oct 3, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.