Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2012, 8:26 am

Do you always hear back from BPG before check-in if the hotel refuses/accepts to adjust the rate? I filed a valid claim for today a week ago. And I still haven't heard anything. I called BPG desk yesterday and they told me that they are still waiting to hear back from the hotel. They also reassured me that my claim is valid. But I'm just curious what's gonna happen at the hotel when I check-in later today.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, EY E+, UA*G, BA Gold
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Thanks Errata for the update. Any link to the ruling/reporting on the ruling?
Not yet, it should be on their website shortly. I received a postal notification (happy to provide if you pm me your email address). They made the adjudication back in late June but IHG still took no action, so then they got back to them more recently and IHG changed the terms as a resolution.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:48 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by zapyiu
Do you always hear back from BPG before check-in if the hotel refuses/accepts to adjust the rate? I filed a valid claim for today a week ago. And I still haven't heard anything. I called BPG desk yesterday and they told me that they are still waiting to hear back from the hotel. They also reassured me that my claim is valid. But I'm just curious what's gonna happen at the hotel when I check-in later today.
Other people have had this problem. They were told by the BPG desk to pay for the stay and were sent a check later. Maybe you should phone the BPG desk again and ask what you should do.

At the worst, get them to send you an e-mail verifying your claim in case you need to fight the credit card charge later.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
How about that!

I notice that this paragraph is different as well:

That sounds much less restrictive. Sounds like those little differences (like 6pm vs. noon cancellation) might not be an obstacle anymore - just pre-payment/deposit vs. not, and non-refundable vs. refundable.

Or am I reading too much into that? It says "equal" but the examples quoted are very broad.
Not really, the T&C states:

All terms for the room price, including, but not limited to pre-payment, deposit or other requirements must be equal to terms found on an IHG website to be used for comparison.
It's still the same old 6pm same day cancellation BS.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 1:44 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by nacho
It's still the same old 6pm same day cancellation BS.
The old terms stated that the competing website needed equal or less restrictive terms. Now it just says equal. However, now there is no example given, so it's not specific about cancellation time - only refundable vs. non-refundable.

Also consider the example in the landing page - just mentions refundable vs. non-refundable.

I'm wondering if this is an attempt to be more "compliant" by taking the weasel terms out... or if it's just to give them MORE room to deny claims.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 1:01 am
Used to be highman123

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Just got approved for CP Gurgaon. New property. Price difference was only 85 INR -pretty close. But it's not easy finding good sites that bill in INR at least for me...
Old Aug 19, 2012, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Denied claim

I got a rejection today for a claim that is supposed to be valid. Here's the email:

We have attempted to verify the lower rate of 1020.00 HKD you found on xxxxx.com. Please be informed that in order for you to qualify to the guarantee, you need to book the lowest available rate we have on our website. Since, there’s a lower rate offered on our site for the same room, we are unable to extend the guarantee.
When I booked the room IHG.com was 1200 for the same room - I think the agent might be trying to delay my claim simply by rejecting it.

I verifed the rate on the 3rd party site and it's HKD 50 more than IHG.com - so they used my info to kill the site.

Last edited by nacho; Aug 19, 2012 at 9:44 am
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Accor Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold, Qantas Gold, Virgin Australia Platinum
Called and put a claim in today. Was told the claim is valid and that I'll get an email from the hotel. But after reading some of the posts here it looks like I could be waiting a long time before the email arrives! Well, at least my stay isn't until the end of September so I'll just hope for the best
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by The-Aviator
Called and put a claim in today. Was told the claim is valid and that I'll get an email from the hotel. But after reading some of the posts here it looks like I could be waiting a long time before the email arrives! Well, at least my stay isn't until the end of September so I'll just hope for the best
I did my first BRG three weeks ago. It took about a week for the email to come, and it came from IHG not the hotel. I did notice that my reservations on priorityclub.com showed modified in the header after my phone call, but nothing appeared different about the reservation. The email eventually came, so I would have faith that all will work out.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:47 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
After my prepaid rate claim was successful back in April, the charge finally appeared on my credit card today, at the old rate. Over 4 months to charge me and they still couldn't charge the lower rate! Guess I need to call.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
This latest change is not good. Many of my claims are for AP rates on IHG website versus modifiable rates on 3rd party website. Now, this will not be possible. AP has to match AP and flexible has to match flexible. Grrrrrrr
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:01 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by denCSA
This latest change is not good. Many of my claims are for AP rates on IHG website versus modifiable rates on 3rd party website. Now, this will not be possible. AP has to match AP and flexible has to match flexible. Grrrrrrr
Which, again, should be reason enough for the business regulation authorities to take action.

Does anyone know how to contact them?

HTB.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by htb
Which, again, should be reason enough for the business regulation authorities to take action.

Does anyone know how to contact them?

HTB.
My best guest is the Office for Fair Trading, since IHG is having some issues with them.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by denCSA
I don't read the T&C's that way TBHO.

I agree it's now ambiguous as they've missed out the words "less restricitve" and they only give one example which doesn't show the third party as less restrictive.

But they are on shaky ground if the deny a claim where the price is lower and the terms are less restrictive IMHO.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blindman
I don't read the T&C's that way TBHO.

I agree it's now ambiguous as they've missed out the words "less restricitve" and they only give one example which doesn't show the third party as less restrictive.

But they are on shaky ground if the deny a claim where the price is lower and the terms are less restrictive IMHO.
I think being 'vague' allows them to deny any claim when they feel like to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.