Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental The Venetian Master Thread (Las Vegas)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:05 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I recently stayed at the Venetian. I booked the stay through ihg.com and selected the published IHG member rate. The stay has posted to my account as "Non-qualifying stay". As a result I'm losing out on not just the ordinary points for the bill but also two promos the stay would have completed. Is it typical for the Venetian or for this type of rate to post as non-qualifying?
I stayed there last month and they did the same to me. I contacted IHG and got my points and my promo for my Accelerate.

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
Similarly with Chase. Booked the Venetian using Chase IHG card. No bonus points (should be 5x). Had to message Chase for the points.
It's been 2 weeks and still I haven't heard anything from Chase about my 5x points. Maybe I need to call them again.

Some of the restaurants on the property are not affiliated with the hotel, but others are. You have to ask. If they are, you can charge your meals to your room, though they usually ask for ID.
I stayed at the Venetian and the Palazzo and was able to charge my dinner at Carnevino Italian Steakhouse to my room.
Tony300S likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:36 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Similarly with Chase. Booked the Venetian using Chase IHG card. No bonus points (should be 5x). Had to message Chase for the points.
Same here, two statements later I realize my IC Palazzo reservation did not post as 5X points, called Chase and they put through a manual adjustment.

Last edited by Tony300S; Feb 25, 2018 at 11:36 am Reason: typos
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:50 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I stayed here the night of February 24. I was glad that unlike many Vegas properties they still have free self park and free valet, though it's a fairly long walk from the parking lot to the check in desks. As an Ambassador I was able to use their VIP check in line. My status got me an upgrade to a strip view room, 4 PM late checkout and a welcome amenity of fruit and chocolates. The room was simply incredible (see the below pictures). Service from the check in staff was really good as well though the Resort Fee of course is a rip off. This was in my opinion a good use of 50,000 IHG Points

Tony300S likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Recently completed a stay here. In checking the website a few day out, the hotel appeared to be sold out. The rep informed me of this at the vip check-in area, which I was allowed to use since I am ambassador. I booked a 2 bed Bella suite on points. I was going to use my BOGO night, but didn't make sense for this stay. I stayed Saturday and Sunday, and Saturday was almost twice the cost. I was "upgraded" to a room with a view. Sure I would have liked a bigger room, but this room was already very big. The view was great though. Was sent a fruit tray to my room in the first few hours.

Was nice that the TAO beach & night clubs both let me in for no cover since I was staying at the hotel. I ate breakfast at Bouchon, which was pretty good. I really enjoyed the shopping center of the resort. I would definitely consider coming back here. Might check out the Palazzo next time.

Last edited by Super Mario; Aug 18, 2018 at 10:45 am
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:27 am

Kind of odd. A few days ago the IHG website showed 100% availability (paid and points) for the next several months. I was about to book for this upcoming weekend, but now it shows no rooms available on any date for the next several months, regardless of whether you are paying $ or points.

A quick google search shows the rooms as bookable via any 3rd party travel agency, as well as via the Venetian website (venetian.com) where they appear to be TRYING to sell as many rooms as possible via discounts and credits. A bit weird...
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Could be some issue interfacing between IHG and Venetian / Palazzo systems.

The only other thing to keep in mind is that you shouldn't use a corporate code when trying to book. It will show everything as non available.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by demue
Could be some issue interfacing between IHG and Venetian / Palazzo systems.

The only other thing to keep in mind is that you shouldn't use a corporate code when trying to book. It will show everything as non available.
yeah, is working again now. I was having issues across 2 computers and iPhone. Then later in the day it was back to normal and was able to book.
Old May 17, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
No availability on points for any dates in 2020! Perhaps not loaded yet?
Old May 18, 2019, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
No availability on points for any dates in 2020! Perhaps not loaded yet?
Sometimes when I try to book the ambassador BOGO rate months in advance, nothing shows up available anywhere. But then 1-2 months out, tons of options available.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:53 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Updated the thread title to reflect that this thread is for the Venetian Las Vegas only. The Venetian Macau (along with Parisian and Londoner) will become IHG alliance resorts; please use this thread for any discussion about those properties.

--jpdx, IHG Co-Moderator
Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:15 pm

Parking at Venetian / Palazzo

Originally Posted by CMK10
I stayed here the night of February 24. I was glad that unlike many Vegas properties they still have free self park and free valet, though it's a fairly long walk from the parking lot to the check in desks. As an Ambassador I was able to use their VIP check in line. My status got me an upgrade to a strip view room, 4 PM late checkout and a welcome amenity of fruit and chocolates. The room was simply incredible (see the below pictures). Service from the check in staff was really good as well though the Resort Fee of course is a rip off. This was in my opinion a good use of 50,000 IHG Points

If you are driving to the complex, self parking at the Palazzo is some of the best self park on the strip.
Underground four level parking with 2 elevators. One close to check in and one close to room elevators.
On occasions when I have driven to the Palazzo in the past I have parked the car, checked in, and arrived
in the room within 15 minutes.
within 15 minutes.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:16 am

Does anyone know if the Venetian pool renovation is complete?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire Ambassador; AA Exec Plat; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Super Mario
Does anyone know if the Venetian pool renovation is complete?
According to their website (https://www.venetian.com/resort/amen...sure-info.html), yes, it is now open and almost complete.

While we are still putting the finishing touches on a few aspects of the pool, The Venetian pool deck is now open. To get the latest information about our pool renovation please contact Resort Services at 877.691.2007.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 8:45 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Anyone stay past March 2020?
kitbag1984 and GundamWing01 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
The Sands organization is selling the Venetian. I wonder if the buyers will retain the IC Alliance?

With sale of the Venetian, Las Vegas Sands exits the Strip (apnews.com)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.