Search

IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by JRGAY
Perhaps the direct question that was asked may cause you to understand why I am confident the reponse was accurate and reliable?
"Could you confirm that this reservation is entitled to the full Royal Ambassador benefits (early check in, free wireless and complimentary fully stocked mini bar (including alcohol)."
Yes I can confirm that, as have others in that thread. But it is what is actually inside the mini-bar, and not counting the large bottles on the shelf.

And I have been part-time living and working in Holland for over 15 years. Some professionals are great with English, some are so-so, and some are really, really bad. The bottom line is that you can't count on perfect English from any non-English speaking country. Mistakes and misunderstandings can happen.

And yes, if a mod wants to move all this to another thread that would be great.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: IHG RA, BAEC Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes I can confirm that, as have others in that thread. But it is what is actually inside the mini-bar, and not counting the large bottles on the shelf.

And I have been part-time living and working in Holland for over 15 years. Some professionals are great with English, some are so-so, and some are really, really bad. The bottom line is that you can't count on perfect English from any non-English speaking country. Mistakes and misunderstandings can happen.

And yes, if a mod wants to move all this to another thread that would be great.
OK if it's moved but please include this just in (thanks to Ambassador services intervention as always -great team "guest is entitled to have his mini-bar replenished daily both with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages").
Amstel - "hereby I confirm that the minibar is for free during your stay as you are a highly appreciated guest and a Royal Ambassador."
Result!
Now back to the main event - $100 a stay.... herumph!!!
Thank goodness I have 2 nights then 1 night booked next door.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Can a mod consider moving a lot of this thread away from here, including the IC Amstel stuff. This is spefically a palazzo thread.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
Originally Posted by JRGAY
OK if it's moved but please include this just in (thanks to Ambassador services intervention as always -great team "guest is entitled to have his mini-bar replenished daily both with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages").
Amstel - "hereby I confirm that the minibar is for free during your stay as you are a highly appreciated guest and a Royal Ambassador."
Result!
Now back to the main event - $100 a stay.... herumph!!!
Thank goodness I have 2 nights then 1 night booked next door.
I assume you only have 3 nights in Vegas as the 25k bonus for 4 consecutive nighs at one of the properties is well worth getting.

I am afraid I find it totally unacceptable that the terms of the promotion are not being honoured and am taking it up with Manila. Should get a response in the next few days.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: IHG RA, BAEC Gold, BW Diamond
[QUOTE=boar;17144043]I assume you only have 3 nights in Vegas as the 25k bonus for 4 consecutive nighs at one of the properties is well worth getting.

Unfortunately not, we are at the Staybridge on day one just getting off the flight and sleeping wasn't worth the outlay for the IC.
We booked "advance" before the 25k came up.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:04 pm

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Palazzo.

Was upgraded in advance from the cheapest room to a Fortuna suite (so a proper upgrade!) and received the $100 minibar credit.

Regarding the minibar credit, I never saw any of the items appear on my real-time folio, but would have only consumed ~$90.

Had a great stay. The VIP lounge is very nice to have access to, great for check-in/check-out and also for reservations. We used them for VIP access to a couple of clubs and also for dinner reservations.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by uproared
Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Palazzo.

Was upgraded in advance from the cheapest room to a Fortuna suite (so a proper upgrade!) and received the $100 minibar credit.

Regarding the minibar credit, I never saw any of the items appear on my real-time folio, but would have only consumed ~$90.

Had a great stay. The VIP lounge is very nice to have access to, great for check-in/check-out and also for reservations. We used them for VIP access to a couple of clubs and also for dinner reservations.
Thanks for the quick review. Sounds like it was a good stay and the upgrade sounds great.

Did you eat or drink anything in the VIP lounge? I heard there is a small selection of stuff there available throughout the day.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by javacodeguy
Did you eat or drink anything in the VIP lounge? I heard there is a small selection of stuff there available throughout the day.

They had fruit, tea sandwiches, and pastries out when I was there. Coffee, iced tea and lemonade as well. I gather one can ask for alcoholic beverages, although I didn't.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:43 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Can't believe they introduced the $100 cap per stay! I had to cancel my booking a few weeks ago and now need to stay next week under the new rules.

The rates are sky high next week and I was thinking of using points instead. Has anyone stayed there on points yet as an RA and do they honour the free upgrade and (now only $100) minibar on awards?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: PC Royal Amb
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Can't believe they introduced the $100 cap per stay! I had to cancel my booking a few weeks ago and now need to stay next week under the new rules.

The rates are sky high next week and I was thinking of using points instead. Has anyone stayed there on points yet as an RA and do they honour the free upgrade and (now only $100) minibar on awards?
It wouldn't have mattered whether you canceled your reservation or not. For people without a stay history (and more importantly a gambling history) when IHG changed the mini-bar rules they applied it to even those of us who made reservations before the rule change. Their reply to complaints was to the effect, "We can change our policies at any time and you're stuck with it."

One thing you may try is a Best Rate Guarantee at either The Palazzo or The Venetian. I don't know what dates you're staying, but, for Oct 2-8 there are cheaper average nightly rates on third party sites (kayak is your friend).
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:21 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by Sydfly

Just got back from a 3 day stay and was told from the minute I checked in that mini bar was limited to $100- did have a few drinks (several 1 night) and a couple of snacks each night- saw nothing billed on check out and confirmed there was no charge.either prices are low or they are a little loose on this policy.While I had my doubts before arriving, must say upgrade and overall service here was exceptional.VIP club room next to front desk serves complimentary alcohol when asked at all hours.Will return without a doubt,very pleasantly surprised!(my gaming contributions may also have helped)
Old Sep 30, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
Originally Posted by bello
Just got back from a 3 day stay and was told from the minute I checked in that mini bar was limited to $100- did have a few drinks (several 1 night) and a couple of snacks each night- saw nothing billed on check out and confirmed there was no charge.either prices are low or they are a little loose on this policy.While I had my doubts before arriving, must say upgrade and overall service here was exceptional.VIP club room next to front desk serves complimentary alcohol when asked at all hours.Will return without a doubt,very pleasantly surprised!(my gaming contributions may also have helped)
I enjoyed the small lounge too. Moet on tap as far as I could see.

Manila wont budge. I wonder how much it would have cost the hotels to honor full RA benefits on bookings made before the rule change. Bgger all I would imagine. Very poor cs.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by boar
I enjoyed the small lounge too. Moet on tap as far as I could see.

Manila wont budge. I wonder how much it would have cost the hotels to honor full RA benefits on bookings made before the rule change. Bgger all I would imagine. Very poor cs.
interesting, when this policy change first came to light IC CS implied this was a location decision and suggested I contact the property directly. Clear now this comes from the top at ICH- very disconcerting to say the least
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:16 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by MattGreenfield
It wouldn't have mattered whether you canceled your reservation or not. For people without a stay history (and more importantly a gambling history) when IHG changed the mini-bar rules they applied it to even those of us who made reservations before the rule change. Their reply to complaints was to the effect, "We can change our policies at any time and you're stuck with it."

One thing you may try is a Best Rate Guarantee at either The Palazzo or The Venetian. I don't know what dates you're staying, but, for Oct 2-8 there are cheaper average nightly rates on third party sites (kayak is your friend).
Do you know whether the BRG also applies to the Alliance Resorts? It doesn't specifically mention that in the T&C?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:38 pm

I had the guarantee approved for Venetian and Palazzo, told the night would be free but waiting on the reservation details to change

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.