IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by pointsforthepeople
The paid nights were not Prestige Level. If both my memory and understanding of the checkin agent's offer are correct, I could have upgraded both the paid and award nights to Prestige for $100/night. With that charge, the resort fee is included (or waived-same result either way), so the effective price of upgrading to Prestige would be $80/night. This included breakfast and a cocktails + hors d'oeuvres time daily (3-5 pm?). If there are other benefits, I can't remember them.
Thanks that'e exactly the info I wanted.
Knobby
Old May 29, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA GS
If I book via Hotwire/Priceline, do I get any of my Plat Ambassador benefits? I know I won't get any points, but any chance at anything else?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!
Just stayed there recently as AMB. Reservations were made via the Palazzo website with my # in the notes. The line was long at the regular check-in lines, but there were at least 10 agents so it moved quickly. The invited guest area/PC Elite on the other hand, only had 2 agents.

The agent didn't acknowledge AMB, claimed I checked in "too late in the day" (3 PM?) to receive the two connecting rooms I requested, and placed me on the 8th floor with no amenities in the rooms. Called VIP desk and put me through to a really helpful, friendly, and apologetic phone agent that moved me up to two connecting rooms on the 43rd floor. AMB amenities were delivered about an hour after that.

Requested 4 PM check out and it was granted.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Forgive me if this has been asked/explained before -- couldn't locate it!

Does booking Prestige level tend to give you a better room assignment with regard to view and/or higher floor over booking room-only? We've booked the Prestige level and are looking forward to our virgin Palazzo visit.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Does the BRG apply to a comparison with an emailed offer/code from venetian or palazzo.com?
Revel in our Italian festival, and relax in our Luxury Suites from $109.
Cant imagine IHG would be cheaper than that.

http://www.venetian.com/Las-Vegas-Pa...source=loyalty
Old Jul 14, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
Originally Posted by jlin011
AMB amenities were delivered about an hour after that.

Requested 4 PM check out and it was granted.
What were the AMB amenities? Just wondering if I'm missing out...
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!
Originally Posted by portishead
What were the AMB amenities? Just wondering if I'm missing out...
Just the usual fruit and water. Not the end of the world obviously, but its nice after a long drive to Vegas.

As another poster mentioned, kind of defeats the purpose of a "welcome" when you have to ask for it.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Hey Guys I have an upcoming trip to Vegas in mid december.
Wondering what rate would be best to book as an RA?
I still have BOGO certs. Is that a good value to use at the Palazzo or should I go with adv purchase rate/ one of the hotel's special offers on the website?

Thanks in adv
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
Last time I looked Prestige is higher floor.

Originally Posted by BEAV

Does booking Prestige level tend to give you a better room assignment with regard to view and/or higher floor over booking room-only? We've booked the Prestige level and are looking forward to our virgin Palazzo visit.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FOX85
I didn't think there was necessarily any difference between floor or room allocation for being on the Prestige floor, just the inclusive resort fee and access to the lounge for food and drinks. The breakfast offering there is pretty good and the evening drinks are pretty good too with a decent wine and spirit selection and good quality nibbles. I would go as far as to say the Prestige Lounge is possibly the best hotel lounge I have experienced anywhere in the US (possibly helped by the free drinks). The only problem with the lounge is that it tends to get rammed at periods of high occupancy (e.g. holiday weekends).
Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by FOX85
The Prestige level is literally that, one floor. You will be on floor 23 if I'm not mistaken. The only difference in view on the Prestige floor is that some will face the strip and some will face the back. If you face the strip you will hear the pool all day, so keep that in mind, as floor 23 isn't high enough to get far away from the pool noise. But, that's later in the day and they quiet down before night time, so not a big deal.

Enjoy your first time at the Palazzo. They've always made the visit amazing for us.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BEAV

A Prestige Luxury Suite is basically a Luxury Suite with access to the Prestige lounge and waiver of resort fees. You will get the same room as booking a Luxury Suite. If you don't have AMB or RA status, your best option to get a room with a view is to book a view suite such as a Luxury VIEW Suite

Last edited by martyYYZ; Jul 16, 2012 at 6:55 pm
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:49 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Ok after some research I have decided to go with the BOGO rate as that seems to give the best deal.

Now my issue is I need a room with 2 queen beds. So theres not other suite besides the Bella suite that has 2 queen beds? In that case I should just book the cheapest room and ask for the Bella Suite with View?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 2.5MM, SPG-Plat, HH-Gold, PC-Platinum
I am staying at the Pallazo in a couple weeks as PC Plantinum. Never new they were part of IC having stayed there 20+ times over the years. Though i am new to PC. Is it worth buying the Amb. for a four day stay here.

Right now I am booked in a KK Luxery Suite.Any chance of getting upgraded to the Prestige floor?

Read through the thread and does not seem like I would get anything more than a fruit basket.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by billmany
I am staying at the Pallazo in a couple weeks as PC Plantinum. Never new they were part of IC having stayed there 20+ times over the years. Though i am new to PC. Is it worth buying the Amb. for a four day stay here.

Right now I am booked in a KK Luxery Suite.Any chance of getting upgraded to the Prestige floor?

Read through the thread and does not seem like I would get anything more than a fruit basket.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
You won't get an upgrade to the prestige level (not a 'floor' per say), that is just something you'll have to pay for at time of booking, and maybe when you get there.

I don't fancy your chances much as a straight forward plat member of getting an upgrade there. Though this is vegas, and you can try the $20/$50 sandwich.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.