Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by boekel
I think you can still refer to the T&C's of the RA program. Alternatively, in case it would be an issue for me, I'd escalate it to the ambassador customer service
The link I quoted above is from intercontinental themselves (not the hotel), and specifically gives them the above stated variation.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
we stayed at the Palazzo a couple of weeks ago and there was no $100 limit. they were very clear upon check in that the mini bar including all snacks were free. Goes without saying we drank the Moet 3 days out of 6 and the Belvedere we drank over a few days! I also ate a lot of cashews and gummy bears
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
change to free minibar

I think if the Palazzo (and/or Venetian) were to change the RA free minibar status to $100 per stay, that would be pretty miserable.. Maybe $100 per day would be ok..... nah, what am I thinking.

It was one of the best parts of our stay there as RA's. I dont know about others, but I dont think we overindulged. They really shouldnt begrudge the free minibar.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:53 pm

tangey posted a good post over at the Introducing PriorityClubRewards thread. He suggested people could just split their long stay up into shorter stays. And the Palazzo lends itself to this perfectly. With the Venetian literally right next to it you could stay one or two days at each back and forth for the length of your full stay.

Not only would you get extra money to spend on drinks, but you'd get extra points, since points at the Palazzo/Venetian are per stay.

Too bad I already booked my 5 days at the Palazzo. :-/
Old Sep 6, 2011, 8:44 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by bbmatt
Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago, I called PC and they were able to manually adjust the stay.
Originally Posted by piyush
They e-mailed me back asking for details on the rate paid. Hopefully they will post the stay.

Thanks for the tip. If the e-mail team is unable to help me I will call them.

Well e-mailing and calling didn't work! I had booked on the Palazzo website. Oh well I guess I'll stay at some other hotel next time since prices are typically not too different.

"After further review, we have confirmed the room rate paid during the stay in question was deeply discounted. As such, it is ineligible for credit to your account per section 12 of the Priority Club Rewards Terms and Conditions. We hope this clarifies your inquiry and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the Priority Club Service Center again."
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:28 am

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
Originally Posted by Susiew237
we stayed at the Palazzo a couple of weeks ago and there was no $100 limit. they were very clear upon check in that the mini bar including all snacks were free. Goes without saying we drank the Moet 3 days out of 6 and the Belvedere we drank over a few days! I also ate a lot of cashews and gummy bears
Same goes for me. Stayed four nights and had the champagne every night plus two Diet Cokes and Vitamin Drink per day. That is way above $100.

But I think sooner or later they will impose something like a limit as the minibar has some quite expensive items...
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Susiew237
My point is that it appears to be changing, I've looked at lots of palazzo/venetian promos and never seen that $100 drink credit per stay until now. Also someone posted on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17062866-post247.html that he was specifically told by the hotel that policy is changing shortly in line with what has been stated on the promo. And this is not an informal change by the hotel, its formally documented on ICH promos.

Last edited by tangey; Sep 7, 2011 at 4:32 am
Old Sep 7, 2011, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by travelben
But I think sooner or later they will impose something like a limit as the minibar has some quite expensive items...
I am sure that the mini-bar items in Paris, London and for sure Geneva cost vastly more than the Palazzo and the measly $'s associated to the price there.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by piyush
Well e-mailing and calling didn't work! I had booked on the Palazzo website. Oh well I guess I'll stay at some other hotel next time since prices are typically not too different.

"After further review, we have confirmed the room rate paid during the stay in question was deeply discounted. As such, it is ineligible for credit to your account per section 12 of the Priority Club Rewards Terms and Conditions. We hope this clarifies your inquiry and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the Priority Club Service Center again."
Call them back... and complain... ANY published rate on the PC website qualifies for qualifying nights.... except which I don't think is published, F&F
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: SPG PLT
Any updates on the $100 mini bar cap???
Old Sep 7, 2011, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by srt8-blue
Any updates on the $100 mini bar cap???
I emailed ambassador services about 24hrs ago, no response. Similarly no response on the priorityrewards thread that is monitored by ICH staff...both a bit disappointing.

it seems palazzo and Venetian just keep on taking away more and more RA benefits, if you check out the promo for the 25K bonus points, you'll see small print....

"Please be aware that all Royal Ambassador benefits apply at this InterContinental Alliance Resort with the exception of the 24hr room guarantee"

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...-ResConf_VP25k

it looks like they have no idea what priviledges RA will get at these properties, one promo says RAs dont' get mini-bar but a $100 off the drinks bill per stay , and this promo says ALL RA benefits are in place except for the 24hr booking guarantee. what is going on ?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Platinum

I recently stayed at the Venetian for the $109 rate. I checked in at the regular registration desk because I was in a hurry. I did not present my PC Platinum number at this time. Later, I stopped at the PC registration desk and they said it was for Ambassador but they would recognize my Platinum status. I was offered a room upgrade but declined since my king room was already a big step up from where I usually stay. I also got free newspapers at the news stand, free wifi and a 2pm checkout. Nothing else was offered. It's a good thing I did not read this thread before my stay because I probably would never have mentioned my Platinum status. I received no PC points for the stay.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by rxgeek
I recently stayed at the Venetian for the $109 rate.
This is the palazzo thread.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 3:20 am

posting this here too..as it applies to the palazzo (RA no longer get free mini-bar, instead get $100 mini-bar credit PER STAY)

Confirmation today from ambassador support (took them 3 days to reply )

"In as much as we would like to provide the complimentary mini bar and replenish it on a dally basis, we are unable to as most of our hotels are franchised and are therefore under different management. Please note though that the new policy is only applicable to Intercontinental Alliance Hotels"

So there you go, its official, stay at palazzo or venetian for a week as an RA, and you get a $16.60 daily mini-bar allowance.

The official priorityclubrewards rep still hasn't responded on that thread, do they only look in here once a week or, only respond to simple queries
Old Sep 9, 2011, 7:02 am

Ouch. That is not good news at all.

I'll guess when I go in a couple weeks, we'll see whether the front desk actually follows that policy or not. This was definitely something I was looking forward to at the Palazzo; waking up and making a free mimosa or free drinks before going out. Still should be an amazing time though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.