IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
PC Visa

Has anyone used a PC Visa at either of these hotels? Does it generate 5X1$ for spend, or just 1X$1?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by rfrost
Has anyone used a PC Visa at either of these hotels? Does it generate 5X1$ for spend, or just 1X$1?
you don't get points based on spend at IC properties.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by tangey
you don't get points based on spend at IC properties.
But if you pay with the PC Visa card at PC hotels, you get 5 PC points per USD (vs 1 PC point at other hotels).

Anyone have any experience at the Venetian or the Palazzo?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Just got this in email. Good rates early December. Might hop on this one:

25K Priority Club Points for 4 Night Stay
Old Sep 3, 2011, 6:59 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

This is a thread dedicated to the IC "The Palazzo" in Las Vegas. It was created by moving post out of the pre-opening thread. We have decided to create one thread for The Palazzo and one for the The Venetian.

There might be some post in this thread regarding both or the other property. I have not deleted this posts ouf of this thread for a better comparison.

And sorry for not doing this earlier, I just have completely forgotten the opening date

Thank you

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Sep 6, 2011, 4:14 am

RA minibar limited to $100 credit per stay ???

Just saw this promo for the palazzo/venetian. Its been around a while but the small print regarding benefits for RA, I have not seen mentioned before........

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...rs/sweepstakes

Royal Ambassador Benefits:
Please be aware that all Royal Ambassador member benefits apply at these InterContinental Alliance Resorts with the exception of:
...Mini Bar: As a Royal Ambassador member, you will receive a $100 credit toward mini-bar beverages per stay.

Has anyone seen this actually applied, my understanding from loads of reports on here is that they were honoring the free mini-bar in full. $100 per stay is a major limit if you are stay 4-5 nights (or 6 nights like I am later in the year).
Old Sep 6, 2011, 4:29 am

Venetian/Palazzo, RA $100 mini-bar per stay credit

I just saw this term in a Venetian/Palazzo promo flyer that has been around for a while.

"Royal Ambassador Benefits:
... Mini Bar: As a Royal Ambassador member, you will receive a $100 credit toward mini-bar beverages per stay. "

It does not seem to be tied to a promotion.

There's been a few posts on here regarding these properties, but none reporting the limited mini-bar. Has anyone stayed long enough/emptied the mini-bar enough to know if they were implementing the $100 credit rule. I'm staying for 6 nights later in the year, which would work out at $18 a day credit.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I just saw this term in a Venetian/Palazzo promo flyer that has been around for a while.

"Royal Ambassador Benefits:
... Mini Bar: As a Royal Ambassador member, you will receive a $100 credit toward mini-bar beverages per stay. "

It does not seem to be tied to a promotion.

There's been a few posts on here regarding these properties, but none reporting the limited mini-bar. Has anyone stayed long enough/emptied the mini-bar enough to know if they were implementing the $100 credit rule. I'm staying for 6 nights later in the year, which would work out at $18 a day credit.
I stayed a month back and didn't really empty it out but did have the Moet, Belvedere and a few beers which is definately over the $100 and wasn't charged anything.

Maybe its a new thing as I was told that all Mini bar including the snacks are free.

It is a wicked mini bar though, worth a good $400 so I am not suprised they are limiting it.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by lallyr
I stayed a month back and didn't really empty it out but did have the Moet, Belvedere and a few beers which is definately over the $100 and wasn't charged anything.

Maybe its a new thing as I was told that all Mini bar including the snacks are free.

It is a wicked mini bar though, worth a good $400 so I am not suprised they are limiting it.
Maybe, but $100 per stay turns it from wicked into maybe the worst one on a multi-night stay ?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Maybe, but $100 per stay turns it from wicked into maybe the worst one on a multi-night stay ?
My stay was 5 nights! $100 per stay would only buy you a few drinks on the first night
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:08 am

Just saw this promo for the palazzo/venetian. Its been around a while but the small print regarding benefits for RA, I have not seen mentioned before........

Royal Ambassador Benefits:
Please be aware that all Royal Ambassador member benefits apply at these InterContinental Alliance Resorts with the exception of:
...Mini Bar: As a Royal Ambassador member, you will receive a $100 credit toward mini-bar beverages per stay.

Has anyone seen this actually applied, my understanding from loads of reports on here is that they were honoring the free mini-bar in full. $100 per stay is a major limit if you are stay 4-5 nights (or 6 nights like I am later in the year).

I was told when I checked in a few days ago that the minibar was unlimited, but that they were changing that shortly to a limit of $100 per stay.
Agree that's not very much for a stay of several days--the champers, I believe, runs $49 + tax.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:39 am

I was told when I checked in a few days ago that the minibar was unlimited, but that they were changing that shortly to a limit of $100 per stay.
Agree that's not very much for a stay of several days--the champers, I believe, runs $49 + tax.

Hmmm..thats dissapointing, we now have IC's formally adjusting the RA benefits. I understand that its an ALLIANCE hotel, but is it the thin end of the wedge, if they can do it, why can't any other IC also set a similar policy. Remember at this property, RAs pay for the "free newspaper" and internet, via the daily resort fee. Whats next, late check-out only extended to 2pm at some properties ?

When is a "free mini-bar at IC hotels for RA" not a free mini-bar, when its a palazzo/venetian. Its a poor advertisment for their invitational elite program at some of the top properties in the ICH group.

Last edited by tangey; Sep 6, 2011 at 9:58 am
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:52 am

I'm trying to use a BOGO certificate for the Palazzo (or Venetian) for the weekend of Oct 14-16 and the site keeps showing that the rate for the BOGO certificate is unavailable for that weekend. I tried weekends before and after, and I get the same message.

There are plenty of rooms available at the hotel. Are there any options to being able to stay at Palazzo/Venetian on Oct 14-16 while using the BOGO certificate? I've already tried calling and they're unable to do it in their system.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Hmmm..thats dissapointing, we now have IC's formally adjusting the RA benefits. I understand that its an ALLIANCE hotel, but is it the thin end of the wedge, if they can do it, why can't any other IC also set a similar policy. Remember at this property, RAs pay for the "free newspaper" and internet, via the daily resort fee. Whats next, late check-out only extended to 2pm at some properties ?

When is a "free mini-bar at IC hotels for RA" not a free mini-bar, when its a palazzo/venetian. Its a poor advertisment for their invitational elite program at some of the top properties in the ICH group.
I think you can still refer to the T&C's of the RA program. Alternatively, in case it would be an issue for me, I'd escalate it to the ambassador customer service
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: SPG PLT
This is BAD!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.