Free Night award promotion

Old Jul 22, 11, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Free Night award promotion

Just got in the mail one of those fancy envelope deals that IC uses for bestowing gifts.

Short story is, on booking point stays in excess of two nights, one of the nights points will be refunded to you. Value is for one night, regardless of how many booked nights in the stay. Two nights or more must be in one location.

As soon as I got it I called the special toll free number set up for the promotion. I have some award nights booked in August. In a classic IC move, the nice woman on the phone confirmed the existing reservation is eligible for the promotion, but she was unable to process it as the promotion will not be up on their computer system until July 26.

Bottom line - cool promotion.

Oh - I'm Platinum since 1985, average about 60 to 80 IC stays a year.
Old Jul 22, 11, 10:54 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AA, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Do you know if the promo has a name or number? And does it appear to be targeted to you or your demographic, or will it be available to all on July 26? Sounds like a GREAT promo, and we have some extensive travel coming up, so I hope it's open to us.
Old Jul 22, 11, 11:54 am
Original Poster

I'm pretty sure it is very targeted, it reads as follows:

Dear Thumper,
As one of our most valued guests, we're pleased to present you with this exclusive gift.

Interestingly, there is no award number nor name attached. It simply advises you, This offer can only be redeemed by phone. Please call *** *** **** and mention this letter to redeem your free reward night.This exclusive one time offer is valid through 10/31/11.
Old Jul 22, 11, 12:25 pm

Programs: RA-Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, SPG Gold, CO Silver, DAL Silver, Avis P'sC, AAA-Plus
wonder if I'll have one in the mail when I get home this evening.
I've been platinum since 1994.
Old Jul 22, 11, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Short story is, on booking point stays in excess of two nights, one of the nights points will be refunded to you. Value is for one night, regardless of how many booked nights in the stay. Two nights or more must be in one location.
Ok, but now the really important question: Is is stackable with the PC Select Visa's 10% rebate on reward nights? Ie, will you get a 10% rebate on the night you booked but that was then refunded to you? (I guess that would depend on exactly how the refunding works.)
Old Jul 22, 11, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Ok, but now the really important question: Is is stackable with the PC Select Visa's 10% rebate on reward nights? Ie, will you get a 10% rebate on the night you booked but that was then refunded to you? (I guess that would depend on exactly how the refunding works.)
Maybe, but as with all things PCR, don't count on anything and just be pleasantly surprised!
Old Jul 22, 11, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL FO MM, AA EXP MM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Mine was in the mail basket when I got in from my trip this week, very impressive packaging, similar to the xx% refund on point redemptions last year, this is a nice touch and a very good value.
Old Jul 25, 11, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
it would be great if this is not targetted....seems like a good promo....
Old Jul 25, 11, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Based on how few people have posted receiving one almost a week later, I am going to conclude this was highly targeted.

I like that, as there is little distinction on the hotel level between a 10 night a year Platinum and a 70 night a year Platinum.

Thank you, IC!
Old Jul 25, 11, 10:22 pm

have anyone outside the USA received this offer?
Old Jul 26, 11, 5:53 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
anyway to see if u got this promo online?
Old Jul 26, 11, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by frank_10b View Post
anyway to see if u got this promo online?
Oddly enough, no. There is no promotion code, nor even actual title to the award. There is a dedicated toll free number. When I called they asked my PC number and usual identity confirmation. Then came back on and confiirmed I was eligible for the promotion.

Search this Thread