Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Cozumel Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:41 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
For those who might consider this property -- I emailed asking about typical upgrades.
excellent, please post their answers, thanks !^ I have a stay in 4 months coming up and am very curious as to the property's response.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
excellent, please post their answers, thanks !^ I have a stay in 4 months coming up and am very curious as to the property's response.
Sorry if I wasn't clear -- their answers are in my post above, in blue

We've got a stay there next month, though I still haven't booked a room yet as I can't decide whether I want to get upgraded to the reef room, or whether getting the ocean front room is fine (how much time are we going to spend in our room, anyway??)

I am also going to contact a Virtuoso agent, as this is one of the properties they deal with.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Which of the rooms have the outdoor showers and hammocks?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
RA Treatment

Does anybody know how they treat RA's on Paid and Reward Stays?
Old Dec 26, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Avios, UA, DL, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, Rapid Rewards
wifi reliability

Anyone know how reliable the wifi is at this hotel?
Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Ambassador Club,Delta FF,USAIR FF
From what I have seen on trip advisor, wifi is spotty at best.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Talking

Originally Posted by pointsaholic
Anyone know how reliable the wifi is at this hotel?
Thanks
Its reliable in the lobby only. Even close outdoor areas by the pools were rough. Because of the hotel's cement and stone construction, it's a big problem in rooms. The plus side is you won't hear your neighbors. FYI they have nice coffee makers in rooms now.

Finished a 4 night stay over new years. Staff is great. I never saw more than 20 other guests at the family pool and the property seemed empty because of the sprawling beachfront layout. Hotel was at 85% capacity when we checked in. Kids club will charge $25/hr. for the time you are off property. Otherwise it's free. Our 7 yr. old liked it, there were only 3 kids all day.

If concierges are busy, the Thrifty car rental guy in the lobby is a wealth of information.

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Jan 9, 2015 at 1:36 pm
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:33 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Any recent stays at this property? They are offering 50% off until Oct. 31 and I have never been to Mexico.

It's either here....or Aruba again.....
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by 355F1
Any recent stays at this property? They are offering 50% off until Oct. 31 and I have never been to Mexico.

It's either here....or Aruba again.....
Stayed there last week, we booked 2 rooms (2 RAs) Pool View-> Ocean View and Deluxe -> KING BED REEF SUITE DELUXE right on the beach with a hammock over the water.

Very secluded, hardly anyone on the beach or pools (i.e. beach to ourselves), Dinner in town shutdowns at 10pm. Internet make sure you choose basic or they'll try and charge you the premium rate. I chose the basic and internet which was fine for me.

Not sure what they do for reward night upgrades, but if you book the 1st night paid, and the rest with points they'll probably keep you in the same room if it's available.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:07 am

We have never been to cozumel and have some questions about this property and the area :

1. Is this a resort or hotel? Is there a resort fee with some perks, or just your standard hotel with pool and beach access?

2. Is this property all inclusive?

3. Is it easy to get from IC to "downtown" with restaurants shops etc?

4. How's the beach at this property? We love to just sit with drinks and relax most of the day.

5. Is there decent snorkeling either at the property or nearby?

We are also considering Playa Del Carmen instead. Is there more to do there outside of the hotel/resort? Also, for Cozumel and/or Playa, is a car needed? What are folks thoughts?

Thank you!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by JTbeatsNYC
We have never been to cozumel and have some questions about this property and the area :

etc....
http://http://www.flyertalk.com/foru...260-post1.html

I understand you are anxious to learn about your destination, but cluttering up forums with identical multiple posts is generally frowned upon.

(You could always rephrase the question )

Have you consulted tripadvisor, or the hotel's reviews on the IHG site?

Last edited by IAN-UK; Dec 14, 2015 at 1:27 am
Old Apr 6, 2016, 3:31 pm

Just finished a nice stay here (points). As Spire, upgraded from pool view to ocean view. Wifi was fine in my room, didn't really use it anywhere else. Excellent snorkeling right from resort. Beach is nice but small, a little bit rocky here and there.

Service around pool and beach was kind of spotty, hard to catch someone for a drink sometimes. And for that matter, no one ever answered the phone for room service or getting our bags, so that was kind of annoying.

Food was good, not too overly priced for a hotel/resort, but you can eat at a fraction of the cost in town. Cab was ~100 pesos, about $6-7.

Property could use some renovation, but overall a good stay.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:20 am

how are prices here for food and drinks? Considering a stay here vs an all inclusive based on price.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:28 am

Has anyone tried to prepay for breakfast on a points stay? We have done this a couple of times at non-IHG properties in Mexico.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: AA PP, DL Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
how are prices here for food and drinks? Considering a stay here vs an all inclusive based on price.
My wife and I stayed for a week in February and found food and drink prices to reasonable and the quality was good. Given the choice between an all-inclusive and the IC Cozumel, I'd choose the latter in a heart-beat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.