Search

"Back to back" stays

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:03 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
"Back to back" stays

Did a search on this and nothing of value came up.

History
stayed at an IC end of May, using PrioritY Privilege BOGO for 21/22 May then booked on a separate booking 23/24 May both paid nights. best flexible rate

When the "stays" posted, my first 2 nights posted as a non qualifying stay, no points, no stay credit at all.
Only the last 2 nights posted as a qualifying stay.
To me its not even a matter of wanting lots of points... I believe the first 2 nights should of at the very least posted as a "stay".

The IC keeps referring to the policy in place for "back to back stays" can anyone direct me to this policy.
Thanks
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:24 am

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
paragraph 11.

Points for Stays. A Stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/check-out. A Stay is qualified when paying Qualifying Room Rates, which include most business and leisure rates. At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts worldwide, you will receive 2,000 points per Qualifying Stay

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...n/ptc/ptc.html

ur four nights count as only one stay. it sounds as if the bogo ought to earn at least one qualifying night in excess of what u received, being one paid and one free (NOT 50% off); although the extra night earns no points (unless u're registered for ambassador accelerator), it might be useful for RA requalification. try calling the RA helpline.

ian.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 3:55 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Thanks for that, I simply could not find where it was written, and of course it isn't really about the points, moreso the nights towards requalification was my concern, and thanks for the reminder it also affects my Ambassador Accelerator count! ^
I just feel a bit nickel and dimed, the average cost per night was well in excess of $350 pn.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 6:02 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Noelene

History
stayed at an IC end of May, using PrioritY Privilege BOGO for 21/22 May then booked on a separate booking 23/24 May both paid nights. best flexible rate

When the "stays" posted, my first 2 nights posted as a non qualifying stay, no points, no stay credit at all.
Only the last 2 nights posted as a qualifying stay.
To me its not even a matter of wanting lots of points... I believe the first 2 nights should of at the very least posted as a "stay".

The IC keeps referring to the policy in place for "back to back stays" can anyone direct me to this policy.
Thanks
In my experience, back-to-back stays almost always post with full credit. I believe your issue was actually caused by using the PP BOGO.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
In my experience, back-to-back stays almost always post with full credit. I believe your issue was actually caused by using the PP BOGO.
Ditto. I do back to back stays all the time, not specifically to maximize mileage but may have a client-paid stay and then an extra personal day, for example. Never have a problem there.

BOGO stays occasionally don't credit. But should. And for 2 nights.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: QANTAS Club Silver, PC Royal Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Noelene

History

Do you mind saying which IC it is so I can avoid this issue?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:04 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skeltonl
Do you mind saying which IC it is so I can avoid this issue?
Sorry for delay in replying- travellin!
IC Melbourne The Rialto

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.