Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HI Cambridge: Executive or deluxe room?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

HI Cambridge: Executive or deluxe room?

Have a reservation at HI cambridge and have been plat upgraded online to an executive room. Last time I stayed in a executive room it was a much bigger room with a small living area. My question is, what is the difference between this and a deluxe room? There is no difference in price and the site doesn't give anything in the description field.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards-Platinum, BAEC-Blue, Hilton Hhonors-Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by kitbag1984
Have a reservation at HI cambridge and have been plat upgraded online to an executive room. Last time I stayed in a executive room it was a much bigger room with a small living area. My question is, what is the difference between this and a deluxe room? There is no difference in price and the site doesn't give anything in the description field.
I think that a Deluxe Room is usually an Executive Room but if booked the exact room type is allocated at check in with no guarantee of a particular room type other than the fact that it will be an Executive Room-as an example if a property has both Executive Double rooms and Exceutive King Rooms and the Deluxe Room category is booked then you could be allocated either of these room types/

The same applies with the Standard Room category-you could receive a Standard Double, Standard Twin etc depending on the various room types available.

The reason I have bumped this thread is because I am trying to find out more information about the Holiday Inn Cambridge as have just booked a 2 night weekend stay there in an Executive Double room.

Any recent experiences? Are the Executive Rooms on both floors and do they have a lake view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.