Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CP Bangkok Lumpini Park (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by robnc35
if i use points at HI silom then i will not get Lounge correct?
correct , you need to book a paid night, 1-cat below exec room that includes the lounge access.

HI Silom then upgrade +1 cat to Exec Room with associated lounge access.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 9:16 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Wow that is sad. I though on PAID stays CP BKK (not awards anymore) that Plat+Spire got club which also allowed restaurant breakfast.
Can confirm that as a Spire AMB who stayed here in July on a paid stay, Club access is only granted now via an upcharge. I was, however, upgraded from the base level Superior Room to a Deluxe Room (which is slightly larger and has a larger bathroom with separate bathtub and shower).
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
Its been awhile since i stayed at this property. Is it still no upgrades for spire to club lounge? Used to be about 3 years ago before spire came around plats would get lounge
Old Feb 14, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Anyone know what time the cocktails & food is available in the club lounge ?
​​​​​​Trying to figure out if I'll be there in time to make it worth booking a club room.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:49 am

I just tried to book a room on points at this property and they placed me in a smoking room. I honestly didn't even know they existed anymore. How hard do you think it will be to get moved to non-smoking? Smoking is a non starter for me.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by taffygrrl
I just tried to book a room on points at this property and they placed me in a smoking room. I honestly didn't even know they existed anymore. How hard do you think it will be to get moved to non-smoking? Smoking is a non starter for me.
In Bangkok it's easy to get a smoke smelling room even when booking a non-smoking room it really depends upon the percentage of rooms filled with group tours.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
It's a hotel that hosts a lot of Japanese groups: many of them golfers. Japanese often have an enthusiastic approach to smoking.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:53 pm

Any recommendations as to an IHG hotel that is less likely to smell of smoke in BKK?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Usual option on booking hotel with smoking rooms be 5 choices (ecluding ADR/Flex/Pts pricing)
o Twin NS
o King NS
o TwiN Smoking
o King Smoking
o Room allocated on arrival (smoking pref can not be guaranteed .... ie not in booking but will look at your IHG profile prerences)

Sounds like few base rooms unsold (not unusual here) so you have had to book online choosing the unchosen room type.

FYI, If IHG Member (any level) books a smoking (or non-smoking) room and that is not honoured, the first night (room only portion of cost) is free. That guarantee is specific to smoking type not bed=type (Twins, Double)
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Any recent opinion, how do CP and Indigo compare against each other? Cash prices are usually identical, but for points CP looks a better deal.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by barracuda93
Any recent opinion, how do CP and Indigo compare against each other? Cash prices are usually identical, but for points CP looks a better deal.
Indigo is nicer in my opinion, but CP has public transport right at its doorstep. Indigo is about 1km from the nearest metro stop. In Bangkok heat this can make a difference.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by sleuth
Indigo is nicer in my opinion, but CP has public transport right at its doorstep. Indigo is about 1km from the nearest metro stop. In Bangkok heat this can make a difference.
Thanks!
I know the location of Indigo, passed by many times. Walking is perfectly fine for me, and there is a free shuttle to Sukhumvit too, in a case you are tired or got heavy luggage.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: most of them
Originally Posted by robnc35
Its been awhile since i stayed at this property. Is it still no upgrades for spire to club lounge? Used to be about 3 years ago before spire came around plats would get lounge
I was wondering about this too. My last stay was late 2015 and I was upgraded to Club from a basic room based on my Plat status. Not a huge deal since the rate I booked includes breakfast and the main breakfast area had much better food anyway. I booked a basic "superior" room on a government rate which was fairly reasonable. So even if I just get a one category upgrade that's not so bad.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Anyone have any recent experience paying an up charge for Club Lounge access on award stay? I was originally quoted 1200THB/night in email and then yesterday when I responded with a question they changed the price to 1900THB/night. Not sure what caused the price to go up.

Might just cancel and stay at one of the Accor properties. Novotel is like $1000 all in for seven nights. I don’t need Lounge access that badly, but I don’t like being jerked around either.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by sleuth
Anyone have any recent experience paying an up charge for Club Lounge access on award stay? I was originally quoted 1200THB/night in email and then yesterday when I responded with a question they changed the price to 1900THB/night. Not sure what caused the price to go up.
That is sort of ridiculous price to ask for. I would definitely not even think of paying 40-60 USD for a Club access at CP.

P. S. If by Novotel you mean the Silom one, it is not good.

Last edited by barracuda93; Nov 8, 2018 at 3:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.