Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visa 10% rebate-reward night

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by dbuckho
Did they explain how in their system they know when the credit card was linked vs. the reservation date? I applied for the card this past weekend and was approved. Later that night I went and made an award reservation. My guess it was not linked at that point - and if I call Priority Club now will they be able to look up the reservation and determine if it will qualify? Most likely I will need to rebook.
They didn't explain how this link works -- I wish I had asked that (not that it would have mattered in my case). I think you'd at least be able to argue the point that once you were approved, that you became a cardholder.

But I would certainly rebook if you can. Calling PC Customer Service isn't a fun way to spend an afternoon!
Old May 17, 2011, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikew99
They didn't explain how this link works -- I wish I had asked that (not that it would have mattered in my case). I think you'd at least be able to argue the point that once you were approved, that you became a cardholder.

But I would certainly rebook if you can. Calling PC Customer Service isn't a fun way to spend an afternoon!
There is a 0 point transaction with the notation Select upgrade PR something similar when the account is updated.
Old May 17, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by dbuckho
Did they explain how in their system they know when the credit card was linked vs. the reservation date? I applied for the card this past weekend and was approved. Later that night I went and made an award reservation. My guess it was not linked at that point - and if I call Priority Club now will they be able to look up the reservation and determine if it will qualify? Most likely I will need to rebook.
I've made award reservation about a day after activating the card, and before it was "registered" in PC. Got the 10% rebate automatically without a need to call at all.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Just had pts post about 6 weeks after redemption, maybe running 2 weeks slow these days?
Old Dec 10, 2011, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Buzzman
Actually I was there 8 nights... 6 on points and 2 with a bogo... the one night I paid for was over $1000 a.i.
You make me value my priority club points differently. 2.5/c point is great redemption rate. I thought these were not even worth a penny a point.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mgmsteven
Points you buy using a points + cash booking also are rebated at the 10% rate.
so basically you are saying that if i used 5k points + $60 for a stay that would have been 15k points otherwise, then i will get back 1.5k points, correct????
Old Jun 9, 2012, 2:32 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Keyser
so basically you are saying that if i used 5k points + $60 for a stay that would have been 15k points otherwise, then i will get back 1.5k points, correct????
Yes.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Savage25
Yes.
cool....looking forward to getting a ton of points back....
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
got 10% on the full cash + points amount....^^
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:36 am

Can anyone confirm that in order to get the rebate, I have to use the PC Visa to hold the reservation? I've been having the card for a couple of months by now. But I completely forgot about the card when I made a reward night redemption recently. Now there is no availability for the same night so I can't rebook it...
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zapyiu
Can anyone confirm that in order to get the rebate, I have to use the PC Visa to hold the reservation? I've been having the card for a couple of months by now. But I completely forgot about the card when I made a reward night redemption recently. Now there is no availability for the same night so I can't rebook it...

No need to do so.
Remember, this is a rebate for all redemptions by cardholders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.