Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Status Turnaround Time

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Ambassador Status Turnaround Time

I purchased Ambassador status today with points, but noticed that they weren't deducted from my account and nothing on the IC or PC websites reflect my purchase. I did receive a confirmation email about my purchase, but thought it was strange that the points were taken from my account. How long does it usually take for everything to go through the system (points deducted, status reflected online, membership kit received)?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It takes a couple of days for status to be in the system--unless you order by phone.

The kit takes 2-4 weeks to come.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 2:09 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
It took about 2 days for it to be reflected online everywhere for me, after purchasing with cash.

It's been 4 weeks today, and haven't got the actual kit. Will wait for another week or so. You can have all the benefits without the kit however.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:12 am

Programs: PC
Originally Posted by MagicWok
You can have all the benefits without the kit however.
Not the BOGO night, AFAIK...you need the physical certificate to present upon check-in. Also, I think the 5000 points are in the form of a printed code in the package...
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by lecter
Not the BOGO night, AFAIK...you need the physical certificate to present upon check-in. Also, I think the 5000 points are in the form of a printed code in the package...
I meant benefits when once you check-in etc... But the benefit you state, yes you need the physical kit with the extra goodies inside.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:02 am

I too, recently purchased Ambassador Status, though I did it over the phone and paid with a credit card. Everything was updated instantly online. Perhaps a call to the Ambassador desk will speed things along for you.

As far as the benefits go, I had to point out Ambassador status to the hotel because the booking was made on the same day as I arrived and they hadn't done a status sweep on my reservation. Had nothing to do with the processing time of the purchase though.

Last edited by evanderm; Apr 20, 2011 at 8:22 am
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by evanderm
I too, recently purchased Ambassador Status, though I did it over the phone and paid with a credit card. Everything was updated instantly online. Perhaps a call to the Ambassador desk will speed things along for you.

As far as the benefits go, I had to point out Ambassador status to the hotel because the booking was made on the same day as I arrived and they hadn't done a status sweep on my reservation. Had nothing to do with the processing time of the purchase though.
Thanks for the responses. If I have a previously booked IC stay coming up in 10 days, do I need to do anything to make sure my new status is reflected or should it automatically kick in?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by iceman77_7
Thanks for the responses. If I have a previously booked IC stay coming up in 10 days, do I need to do anything to make sure my new status is reflected or should it automatically kick in?
It'll beneficial if you shoot an email off to the hotel to inform them of your status change once it's updated on the priorityclub site when you're signed in ^
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:54 am
Original Poster

It'll beneficial if you shoot an email off to the hotel to inform them of your status change once it's updated on the priorityclub site when you're signed in ^
I'll do that. Points have already been deducted and I show up as a Platinum Ambassador now!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 3:10 pm
uk1
Suspended

For info received today (2 months and still waiting .....)

Dear Mr. uk1,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the InterContinental Ambassador Service Center.

Foremost, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

We would like to inform you that there has been a delay with the delivery of Ambassador portfolios due to the recent change with our fulfillment vendor. In this regard, we will get in touch with them to verify the delivery status of your Ambassador materials. We will update you accordingly upon receipt of their confirmation.

Mr. uk1, thank you for your patience and cooperation regarding this matter.

Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly.

Sincerely,
Old Apr 20, 2011, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by uk1
For info received today (2 months and still waiting .....)
Their website clearly states:

How long does it take for my InterContinental Ambassador materials to be delivered and what materials will be included inside my portfolio?

The standard delivery period is within two to three weeks (for US, Canada, Europe, Africa, Mexico, Central/ South America, Caribbean) or within two to four weeks (for Asia Pacific, Middle East). The membership portfolio includes: 5,000 Priority Club points voucher, Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate, Luggage tag, InterContinental Ambassador membership card.
source

Therefore, you have not received benefits or services (BOGO and 5000pts vouchers) to which you were entitled and they should therefore make alternate arrangements with you regarding these published benefits. I would also demand that the expiration of at least the BOGO voucher be pushed forward as you have not had full use of it (granted it isn't already reflected on the expiration date of the voucher itself).

Furthermore, the certificate is technically only valid while you have Ambassador Status. Another lost benefit as what if you weren't considering renewing your status. It's already been one month longer than you could reasonably expect the voucher to arrive so you have one month less of use for the voucher should you choose not to renew. I'd certainly ask them to either offering you a partial refund or extending your membership year accordingly.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 3:25 pm

Hummm. I wonder if this is also the reason why mine is taking a while to come.

I did miss an opportunity to use the BOGO voucher recently
Old Apr 20, 2011, 3:47 pm

Hummm. I wonder if this is also the reason why mine is taking a while to come.

I did miss an opportunity to use the BOGO voucher recently
If you're in the countries listed above you have been deprived a benefit that was to be expected following their FAQs.

here's a snippet from the T&Cs

Certificates are valid only for the member who has InterContinental Ambassador status, and are not transferable.

The question does arise from the wording if it was intended to mean that the voucher can only be used by the specific member (as it states in the following line " Sale or barter of the Certificate will render it void"). Or whether it means that it can only be used while the member has Status.

If the latter is the case, considering that your status is valid for one year, you can expect at least 11 months to use the voucher. If you then renew, you have 'full' use of the voucher.

Here's to hoping that their problems are being resolved. I don't want to wait too long for my kit to arrive.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:45 pm

My fiance purchased hers with points and her status was instantly update on the site. However a day later she received an email asking her to confirm she wanted to spend her points to upgrade her status. Then a day later she was approved. She was told it would be 3-4 weeks. It's been 4 weeks, no kit.

I purchased my status using my CC. The site reflected status instantly and I didn't have to confirm. I was told it would be 2-3 weeks. It's been 2 weeks, no kit. I'm hoping they work this out soon.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:23 am
uk1
Suspended

Another email from IC so-called CS.

To recap.

My wife and I have been business and leisure customers of IC for many years - most recently for a number of years we enjoyed RA benefits. But the management and fulfilment of the Ambassador programme is a complete joke.

Specifically I applied and paid for membership and my wife did as well on 8th February 2011. A reasonable expectation would be that the membership pack would arrive within a week or so.

After 5 weeks neither pack had arrived and so my wife requested replacement on 9th March and received a reply two days later telling her to wait a further week. I wrote on 13th March and received a reply two days later asking for address confirmation which I gave. I was told on 16th March that a replacement had been sent but they now say this was sent only sent on the 8th April. What on earth can have caused a delay from 16th March when they told me that they sent a replacement and the 8th April when they now say it was sent. They now say that I must wait up to another 4 weeks before they will do anything. In other words wait until mid May 2011 ie over 3 months after I'd bought my membership. My wife has been told to wait until the end of April before progressing hers further. Who knows what they'll say then.

This is a unique progamme where customers pay. But it is a hit and miss programme. And it's always had this problem of sending membership packs for as long as I can recall.

10 weeks after paying for our membership pack which contains important benefits ie weekend cert which we haven't received and we're told to wait another few weeks making it over 14 weeks before we'll receive the packs and I predict that the weekend certificates will have a shorter date on it.

This doesn't seem to be rocket science or to me to be a complicated challenge.

Can IC not see that this is rediculous and no way to look after customers trying to remain loyal long-term customers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.