Status Rollcall

Old Apr 8, 11, 8:22 am

Programs: AS 75K, AA Gold, IC Plat AMB, CC Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt PLT...belong to most others but no status
Aren't rollcalls usually done at the end of the year?

At any rate...113K, 12 nights so far this year (+8 on points)

CTC be damned, I'll get squat from that promo (way too high a bar they set for this RA...)
Old Apr 8, 11, 9:28 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, Hyatt , HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-List Preferred, Avis 1st
12 nights - 12 stays
170K points thanks CTC
Old Apr 9, 11, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I must say this is a depressing thread for those of use who are good customers of IHG and have shown loyalty for many years. We were given insanely high and unachievable CDC levels, and all these newbies are racking up hundreds of thousands of points. Good for them, but what about the loyal customers?

I usually do 50-70 nights per year, mostly weekdays with a lot of repeat hotels. But for CDC I was given the task of 95 nights, 12 Saturdays and 32 properties.
Old Apr 9, 11, 10:17 am

Programs: EK Gold, Star Gold, CX Diamond, IC Plat RA
With 4 not posted and 3 booked starting tomorrow:

Qualifying Nights Towards Elite Status in.2011: 46

Znap
Old Apr 10, 11, 7:02 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Southwest A-list Preferred, Delta Million Miler
105 nights last year (2010) all in the same hotel where my office is located. Expect to stay 145 nights this year (same hotel), BUT I pulled the plug on Holiday Inn Express (well at least the one I've been staying at). Just goes to show you how one hotel can have a significant impact on the entire chain if they provide poor customer service. Shifted my business to a local Hampton Inn who was more than happy to pass on a nightly rate $15 less than where I had been staying, upgraded me to a jacuzzi suite, and always holds "my room" for me when I am in town.

What happened at the Holiday Inn Express I was staying at?

1. Won't make any effort to curb smoking in rooms. Many nights I had to borrow cardboard and duct tape to seal off vents in bathroom and above hot tub to keep smoke from pouring in (this is a non-smoking hotel).

2. After more than 2 years and over 180 room nights, the hotel raises my rate without even telling me. I had to find out when I saw what I thought was an incorrect folio. When I mentioned to the staff that my company won't pay the higher rate due to expense guidelines, I was accused of not being loyal to Holiday Inn by several members of the front desk crew.

3. Front desk told me the Manager knew of my concerns regarding the higher rates, but said he wouldn't address it unless I came to him first and asked for help. His ego exploded when he heard I discssed my concerns originally with the front desk folks.

4. TV's have never worked right. Need 2 remotes to control sound, channels, on and off, etc. A "how to guide" is in every room so you can figure out how to turn on the TV.

5. 2 year old property has many things simply falling apart. Leaky ice machine has had a caution sign in front of it for a year. Towel racks fall off wall and rdrop your towels in the toilet. Breakfast is almost always late and bacon is rarely seen but more than once a week.

I could go on, but for $15 less per night, I am enjoying being spoiled with pillow top beds, manager's receptions and an excellent staff over at the Hampton. Again, one hotel blew over 145 nights this year for Holiday Inn. I voted with my pocketbook!
Old Apr 11, 11, 3:07 am

Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Wow, I am really slacking in the points department. For me the Crack the Case promo has insanely high thresholds that I will never meet. I've stayed about 15 qualifying nights so far this year and still not quite yet cracked Platinum renewal. However my next IC stay will net me yet another Ambassador Accelerator.
+1. My CTC is also ridiculously high for the 100K points extra they offer. I did not even attempt to complete it. Once my Amb accelerator kicks in in May PE will be renewed.
Old Apr 11, 11, 4:18 am

Programs: UA-Plat, AA-Plat, PC-Plat Amb, tons of others...
I must say this is a depressing thread for those of use who are good customers of IHG and have shown loyalty for many years. We were given insanely high and unachievable CDC levels, and all these newbies are racking up hundreds of thousands of points. Good for them, but what about the loyal customers?

I usually do 50-70 nights per year, mostly weekdays with a lot of repeat hotels. But for CDC I was given the task of 95 nights, 12 Saturdays and 32 properties.
++1. I never had a prayer of making my CTC. Would have required me living in a hotel 80% of the time, which is NOT fun.

As it is, four paid stays (37 nights), one reward stay, one BOGO stay: only 135K this year.
Old Apr 11, 11, 6:59 am

Qualifying Nights Towards Elite Status in 2011: 43
Points Earned in 2011: 136318

No CTC, No PC Credit card, just nights and bonus stuff!
Old Apr 11, 11, 9:25 am

Programs: AS 75K, AA Gold, IC Plat AMB, CC Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt PLT...belong to most others but no status
stimpy I was given almost the same -- 93 nights, 32 properties, 24 Saturdays

No way in heck I'll get anywhere near those stats by the time it's over. Oh well.
Old Apr 11, 11, 11:12 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
41 nights
152k points

Not triggered my CTC yet, I need 3 more Saturdays. I suspect I may end up booking 3 rooms in a cheap HIX one Saturday night.
Old Apr 11, 11, 3:52 pm

Qualifying Nights Towards Elite Status in 2011: 11
Points Earned in 2011: 452,657

Points Earned Through CTC: 93800 (final)

Last edited by anc-ord772; Apr 22, 11 at 11:13 am Reason: Updated total with outstanding points posted.
Old Apr 14, 11, 5:30 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
So far: 11 qualifying nights + 5 non-qualifying + 21 reward nights = earned 83k, burned 320k. No CTC

Search this Thread