Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Kuala Lumpur (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Personally, I happily stay at the CP where I have tended to receive very good service
Yes while from a hard product POV I am not a fan of the CP in KUL I did feel more valued at the CP in regards to status. Perhaps the IC should send some of their people to the CP for a little lesson in customer appreciation.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:48 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Checking in in about 4 hours, with 6 Point Breaks nights booked, expecting no UG from my booked Deluxe Room.
I'm a Platinum Ambassador, with an expiring BOGO that I could use this week in place of my Point Breaks-booked-room that I have for the next 6 nights. I will see what they say:
I will keep my point breaks if I can't get an UG to club for the whole stay. I will use the BOGO (and therefore they will get revenue) if they upgrade me to the Club for the entire stay. My guess is no dice, but it's pretty clear what they could do to make me happy.
I'd be perfectly happy with my PB stay if they decline my offer. I'll update here later! Check-in is tonight.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I hope you get the Club, because that's the only bright spot in a hotel with little else going for it.

OK, the lobby is impressive - but that's fur coat and no knickers.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 1:57 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Spent 5 (Point Breaks!) nights at the IC Kuala Lumpur this past week.
Pros:
Huge clean rooms, gigantic bathrooms with nice separate tubs, good toiletries, comfortable beds, and very friendly staff--generally helpful. Good location, though not actually near/next to anything famous. It's next to the Ampang Park LRT, which gets to you KL Sentral station in 15 minutes for RM2, and a 5-10 minute walk to KLCC and the Petronas Towers. A 25-minute walk to Bukit Bintang, too. Nasi Kadar Pelita is a 5-minute walk toward KLCC, and is amazing and cheap local food, with great choice.

Cons:
1) Rooms (at least my 2 on the 20th floor that I had) were just OK in terms of being a bit old.... definitely had seen some refurbishing but not "new".
2) Internet was spotty both in rooms and downstairs. "It's not our fault, it's Docomo" was heard at least 5 times. I think I had to sign in and choose a rate plan upwards of 40 times in 5 days. Yuck.
3) Gym was embarrassingly spartan. While everything works for cardio and seems to be newish, there isn't any good/new weightlifting equipment. The Holiday Inn Atrium in Singapore, the cheapest IHG hotel in SG, has an equal-quality gym, but a better pool.
4) Evening turndown service was offered on my final night only. Never saw them earlier on the previous 4 nights, and never had the DND sign on, so I know they never came.
5) They can't control this, but the front side of the hotel features a very busy street full of buses and trucks and weekday traffic, and not perfect windows, so a bit of noise; the rear of the hotel features two (2) huge construction projects. So there is no room that will be completely quiet.
5) Upgrades: Yikes! No Platinum Ambassador upgrade--nothing--on Reward stays. That's "hotel policy". I'd booked a Club Room for the middle 2 nights of 6 nights-stay, since those were the weekend days I could use my Ambassador BOGO cert. Well they wanted me to move up there (to the Upgraded Exec Suite) and then move back, which of course is exactly what I'd be paying for, but who wants to do that? I asked if I could keep the room for the next 2 days without club access. "I asked my manager and he said you would have to move back."
I didn't mention that on a 6-night Point Breaks stay at the IC Manila last year I was granted a Junior Suite plus full Club Lounge access. I didn't expect it here, especially based on prior knowledge from this thread, but it's kind of amazing how different hotels vary in terms of upgrades.
So I cancelled the paid booking and kept my Point Breaks.
I left one night early (cancelled on PB night online) and moved to the Le Meridien KL Sentral because I'm leaving very early tomorrow AM from the train station. Used Points+Cash here at Le Meridien, for a Deluxe room. Mind you, I'm only a *Gold* with Starwood, while I'm Platinum Ambassdor with IHG.
So what did I get here? A huge corner room with a bathroom with bathtub overlooking the city! Gorgeous room, quiet, etc. After calling with an internet issue, I got a callback later to check if anyone had followed up, which they had. Excellent service.
Gym and Pool here? Stunning, one of the best I've seen. Paid room rates are exactly the same.
I have no idea how the IC gets many return guests, especially Elites. Rates are actually cheaper at the IC than at the Crowne Plaza, if that says anything.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kyushuman
I have no idea how the IC gets many return guests, especially Elites. Rates are actually cheaper at the IC than at the Crowne Plaza, if that says anything.
It says a lot! CP beats the IC in most respects: in fact just about all KL 5-stars and many 4-stars beat the IC in the details that make hotels fun and comfortable places to be.

The gym says it all. Nice lobby though

The club lounge at the IC is large, but weirdly formal: they try too hard.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Upgrade policy, subject to availability(Recieved today) Actually they sent it for everything, including Platinum and Regualar ambassador.....very clear, as if someone has given them recent direction on what they need to do. PS, the basis Deluxe will not get Club, only Grand Premier. Pretty cheap to get into an Ambassador Suite, by buying club. I will be their in August and report back.

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur and We are very happy to see that you are one of our Royal Ambassador Member.

With regards to your inquiries Kindly refer to the table below;

RoyalAmbassador Upgrade Levels:

Original Room Type Royal Ambassador Upgrade
Deluxe Grand Premier
Premier Club InterContinental Room (with full benefits)
Grand Premier Executive Suite (with full benefits)
Club InterContinental Room Ambassador Suite(with full benefits)
Executive Suite Presidential Suite (with full benefits)
Ambassador Suite Royal Suite(with full benefits)
Presidential Suite Royal Suite Royal Suite(with full benefits)

Tel: +60 3 21611111
Fax: +60 3 21611122
E-mail:[email protected]
Old Jul 29, 2012, 1:31 pm

Can anyone comment on the Presidential Suite vs Ambassador Suite in KL. Worth the difference(about $125 more for the upgrade on RA) PM me if you dont think its worth a post.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 5:04 pm

IC KL

Stayed there two nights on a PB.

No upgrade. Minibar is free. Internet is free. No club access as an RA ( did not ask for one as I brought my own bottle of champagne and ordered in room dining).

In room dining is excellent and cheaply priced compared to other IC's in South East Asia. As soon as I ordered in room dining, I got my gifts, chocolates and some other stuffs. Ordered a lot and paid only $30. Forgot a $50 shirt though upon check out

Taxi from airport is 75 MYR prepaid but 180 MYR when I took a taxi returning to the airport which is a ripoff and I feel the driver purposedly did it. Took him twice the time too to reach airport.

Lobby is nice but that's all about it in this hotel compared to the other 9 IC's I have stayed so far. Room is old and outdated.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Me2Earth
Taxi from airport is 75 MYR prepaid but 180 MYR when I took a taxi returning to the airport which is a ripoff and I feel the driver purposedly did it.
That's dreadful. Was it a hotel car, or a taxi arrranged by the hotel?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

MYR180 does sound about the price I was quoted by hotel for a standard saloon car to the airport
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:42 am

I picked up the taxi from Petronas Tower shopping mall. Asked the driver to drop by IC KL so I can pick up one luggage from the concierge and that's about it.

I could have taken a hotel taxi though. The driver asked me about my flight timing and that was about 3 hours away so that could be the reason he took the long route.

It was in the budget terminal btw since I am just flying to Singapore.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:08 pm
Suspended

The fixed fare airport taxi "to" the airport is only MYR65 though some drivers would sometimes try to charge MYR75 which is the fare from the airport (main terminal)
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:59 am

A recent Positive for the IC Kuala Lumpur.

I booked a Club Room as an RA and was upgraded to the Ambassador Suite. The room that I wanted, and is a 2 level upgrade from club per hotel policy.

The normal upgrade is usually done only 24hours prior and leads to uncertainty in the room that might be recieved.... NICE to see this done 4 weeks in advance. First stay so I will report after, going from a $175 dollar room to $600 room.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Congrats shawntobi. The Ambassador suites are nice. I got my reservation upgraded to the Ambassador suite a few months ahead after talking to the CRM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 5:27 am

Stayed here last night and loved it! Booked Deluxe with money, got upgraded to Grand Premiere King (Ambassador). One of the nicest ICs I've stayed at, I wish the IC Times Square and other IC in North America were more like this. The bed was huuuge, biggest one I've seen in a hotel. Definitely not a regular King, much wider. The sound system is awesome, it lets you dock a wireless connector to your Apple device so you can walk around in the room and still hear the music from the sound system.

Would definitely come back here, especially for a rate of $106 including taxes and breakfast for two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.