Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Capital One and IHG to offer Priority Club rewards credit card in Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:33 am
Original Poster

http://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2011/03...-priority.html

"We've been talking about another hotel chain launching a credit card for nearly 2 years now and we can finally let you know that it was InterContinental Hotels Group Priority Club that has been in the works. Today, Capital One will announce their partnership with IHG to issue a co-branded Priority Club Reward credit card in Canada. This will the 5th hotel rewards program to have a dedicated Canadian credit card."
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: Airmiles, Aeroplan, Spg
I'm not going to renew my spg amex (though they did convince me to switch to the amex gold rewards card) and if the IHG capital one Canadian credit card is similar to the American version (Chase visa) for sign up bonus and earn rate I think that it would become my main credit card.

I look forward to the details on the new credit card.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy,IHG Rewards, Aeroplan
Available to all Canadians?

Capital One cards do not seem to be available to residents of QC, NT, NU or YT.

That's over 23% of Canadians!

Is this really where IHG is going ?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Voyageur
Capital One cards do not seem to be available to residents of QC, NT, NU or YT.

That's over 23% of Canadians!

Is this really where IHG is going ?

I find this frustrating, too. It takes me 5 minutes to drive from my home in Hull, QC to Ottawa, ON, yet I won't be able to take advantage of this new credit card offer because I'm a QC resident. Why wouldn't IHG partner up with BMO, TD, RBC, HSBC, MBNA, AmEx or some other bank that doesn't exclude QC?!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 6:54 pm

Programs: Persona Non-Status, DYKWIA Club President, Formerly of Pa Kettle Fame
I'm surprised by the choice of Capital One, it's pretty low on the rung of credit issuers here, although it is a good fit because their travel card offerings are lackluster (like MBNA).
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:30 am
alc

If they have this card before the CTC launched last year, all of us here that are Cdn could also got that 5th latch for 30K credit card. Am looking forward for the detail of this card too. Now just need Hilton also partner up with someone too so that all the major large hotel chain will have their own credit, then we might see more competition with sign-up bonus and other promo.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:52 am

the details: 2 cards, with and without a fee

Introducing the Priority Club® World MasterCard® and Platinum MasterCard® from Capital One®! Coming in November 2011.
With the Priority Club® World MasterCard® you’ll get:
•30,000 bonus Priority Club points with your first purchase¹
•5 points for every $1 spent at any hotel within the Priority Club Rewards Family of Brands2
•2 points for every $1 spent on all other net purchases2
•Plus, 5,000 bonus points for every $10,000 you spend - there’s no limit to the amount of points you can earn3
•Gold Elite Priority Club status guaranteed for the life of the account
•Valuable World MasterCard benefits including Emergency Medical Insurance and Trip Cancellation Insurance
World card annual fee and annual interest rate

Annual fee: $120

Annual interest rate: 19.8%

With the Priority Club® Platinum MasterCard® you’ll get:
•15,000 bonus Priority Club points with your first purchase¹
•2 points for every $1 spent at any hotel within the Priority Club Rewards Family of Brands2
•1 point for every $1 spent on all other net purchases2
•5,000 annual bonus points when you spend over $10,0004
•Gold Elite Priority Club status for your first year
•Valuable Platinum MasterCard benefits including Travel and Car Rental Insurance
•No annual fee

http://facebook.capitalone.ca.capita.../priorityclub/

Last edited by ACArbeiter; Oct 8, 2011 at 10:54 am Reason: link added
Old Nov 14, 2011, 3:31 pm
alc

Both cards can now be applied on the web page:

Capital One Priority Club World MasterCard

Capital One Priority Club Platinum MasterCard

So I just need to wait for a promo before apply the card
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:33 pm

I was hoping for a better sign-up promo close to US based cards 60-80 k.I won't sign up for now.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
Anybody sign up for the Platinum card yet? I'm still using the MBNA Travel Rewards Elite card that was issued to those who had the MBNA SPG card a few years ago. 1 point per dollar spent. 1 point = $0.02 at any hotel. Not a bad secondary card. I’m debating whether to switch to the Priority Club card or not.

Spend $10000 per year, will yield 15000 PC points, good enough for a hotel stay at HI Express. $10000 on the MBNA yields $200 toward a hotel stay. Seems like a better deal with the flexibility of any hotel. Any thoughts?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Prestige
Anybody sign up for the Platinum card yet? I'm still using the MBNA Travel Rewards Elite card that was issued to those who had the MBNA SPG card a few years ago. 1 point per dollar spent. 1 point = $0.02 at any hotel. Not a bad secondary card. I’m debating whether to switch to the Priority Club card or not.

Spend $10000 per year, will yield 15000 PC points, good enough for a hotel stay at HI Express. $10000 on the MBNA yields $200 toward a hotel stay. Seems like a better deal with the flexibility of any hotel. Any thoughts?
Don't forget the annual fee 120 $ for PC card. For 120 $ you can buy 20000 PC points using the trick.

For MBNA Travel rewards I have no fee.I was waiting for this card but I am pretty disappointed by fee,sign-up bonus and earning structure.I will not apply for it.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by mitelsp
Don't forget the annual fee 120 $ for PC card. For 120 $ you can buy 20000 PC points using the trick.

I was waiting for this card but I am pretty disappointed by fee,sign-up bonus and earning structure.I will not apply for it.
Yes. I found the offer unattractive also. Very slim sign up bonus compared to U.S. card. I didn't see the usual waiver of the first year fee.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 3:48 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
The Plat has no annual fee, 1 point per dollar
The World version is $120 but 2 points per dollar.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:33 am
YLW

Programs: AS AC AA SPG IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bearvest
Yes. I found the offer unattractive also. Very slim sign up bonus compared to U.S. card. I didn't see the usual waiver of the first year fee.
I agreed re slim bonus, so held off. Have now received an email offering elites 60,000 bonus points, so am going for it. Still no fee waiver, but this now looks like a worthwhile deal, especially as it will get me to Plat.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: aeroplan, amex, priority club
i got same offer , just wondering if anyone getting offered more points or should i get the card now or wait to see if they 80,000 like the us offer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.