Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt Airport [FRA] (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2003, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt Airport [FRA] (Master Thread)

Express By Holiday Inn Frankfurt-Airport

+ coffee maker in the room
+ free coffee/tea in the lobby
+ free shuttle to the airport (10-15min one way; you have to call the hotel from a free telephone at the airport bus stop in front of terminal 1A or terminal 2)
+ new rooms, bright light in the room and in the bathroom
+ lowest rate guarantee applied without any problem
+ most (all?) room rates include breakfast
- street noise: windows are not really soundproof

-> A good, cheap and Spartanic accommodation near FRA airport. A room to the back of the hotel should also avoid the problem with the noise of the cars driving along the street.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 4:39 pm

Frankfurt: HI at FRA Airport?

This hotel does not seem to be at the Airport, but well South of the Airport. How is:
1-hotel?
2-shuttle to and from FRA? Complimentary for Plats?
3-getting into Centre or downtown?

Last edited by best; Jan 27, 2007 at 5:11 pm
Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:06 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Which Holiday-Inn you are talking about?

There is the Holiday-Inn Airport North, which has a shuttle (free) every 30 minutes to and from the aiport (Stay Report). There is a tram stop, which is a ten minutes walk. But it is not very convenient. You could of course take the shuttle to the airport and take the S-Bahn to downtown, but this would need a lot more time. A cab wold be the best option. Upgrade one room categorie as Platinum was everything I got so far there.

The Holiday-Inn Conference Center City South (you are talking of South of the Aiport) has indeed no shuttle. (stay report). Travel to and from Frankfurt Airport is not diffciult (S-Bahn to Konstablerwache and change to bus here) but if you are not used to travel with public transportation and have not only hand luggage I would not recommend it.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Aug 1, 2007 at 1:49 am Reason: adding information / updating link
Old Feb 2, 2007, 5:41 pm

Sorry, it must have been Express which is simply called : FRA Airport, but does not seem to be at the airport.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 5:59 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

There is a Holiday Inn Express it is in Mörfelden, which is a 10 minutes ride by the shuttle (depending on traffic).

I have stayed there in 2004 (Stay report). The shuttle is free of charge to the hotel, but you have to pay a fee for the way back, which was back in 2004 5 EUR.

The hotel is a typically HIX and was used at this time by some tour operators as night stop, as it is close to the A 5 Motorway. If you only need a bed for the night, it is okay, otherwise I suggest another hotel.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Aug 1, 2007 at 1:50 am Reason: updating link
Old Feb 3, 2007, 9:36 am

Thank you very much.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
HIX Frankfurt-Airport

The hotel is relatively new and is situated to the south west of the airport. The shuttle leaves twice an hour (H+15; H+45) from the shuttle bus stop outside terminal 1A arrivals. There is a 5 EUR charge for the bus which will be added to your room bill (so don't go scrabbling around for your small change....). THe hotel is in the boonies and I think the shuttle charge is pretty stupid. If they didn't have a shuttle it would be really difficult to get to, so charging guests to get to their hotel in the first place...well it's a strange business model, let's put it that way!

Check-in was efficient. When I booked online I only had the choice of two single beds, but I requested a double and this was taken into account. The rooms are on the small side but sufficient. They are well lit and clean. The bathroom has a sink, shower and toilet. The bathroom door actually can also be used to close off the toilet which I thought was kind of neat. There is complementary internet (hardwire). It said free for the first hour and then charged, but I was online all night and wasn't charged.

As I said, the hotel is in the boonies. It has a bar which serves pizzas and there is an Italian restaurant down the road. I had business to attend to and tried the pizza. It was probably a mistake as my stomach was upset all next day. They are quite clearly frozen pizzas that are heated in an oven. That is fine and I was probably just unlucky.

The breakfast buffet is excellent value and gave no rise for complaint at all.
All in all the stay was fine, but I do take exception to paying for the shuttle. I attended a conference in another hotel nearby the following day and their shuttle to the airport was free of charge.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Thanks for the report. I was looking at properties near FRA for an upcoming one nighter and saw that hotels are all over the place on whether they charge for a shuttle or not. Is that 5Euro charge per person I assum? It tends to negate the savings. I can get the Sheraton at the airport for 4K points and 60USD cash deal so seems like a better option.

I agree with you on the shuttle charges.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 10:00 am

mcgahat, yes it's 5 EUR per person.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Snoopy
mcgahat, yes it's 5 EUR per person.
Strange. I used it last year and wasnt charged. Could be free to plat members though. Worth checking.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by serkan
Strange. I used it last year and wasnt charged. Could be free to plat members though. Worth checking.
Well they sure charged me (and I'm a plat)! But they didn't charge for the internet....so swings and roundabouts as they say....
But the charge is listed on their homepage, so I can't say that I didn't know. It just seems strange to charge people to get to your hotel when one is in such an out of teh way place. How else are people supposed to get there?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Stayed here last week. Wifi does not work. First room was occupied, walked in on someone taking a shower. (My son stayed there the night before, same thing, first room was already occupied. So always double-lock room door when in the room, don't leave valuables.) The shuttle discussed above does pick up at the airport, but, if you want a ride to catch your flight in the morning they will say it is full and they have a deal with local taxi company for 25 Euros to take you there. They do this one after the other, a real money maker from all indications.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I stayed at this hotel back in July and it has certainly gone way downhill, but it’s still serviceable. Make sure you do a bedbug check (google it to learn how to do it, only takes a couple of minutes). Luckily, when leaving I only had to get to the Airport railway station to catch the train to Basel, so I was flexible about departing with the shuttle. Bear in mind the shuttle picks up and sets down ONLY at Terminal 1.

At the hotel, breakfast was fine, good quality, and the Mitarbeiterin was constantly checking, cleaning up and replenishing used items with new ones (such as teabags). Across the road and about 5 minutes walk down the lane opposite there is indeed an Italian restaurant, but the German one nearby is really good.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
I have stayed here 3 times for one night this year, never had any issues with the place.
Although I do have a rental car so I have never needed a shuttle, if I had no car then I would stay closer to the airport.
There is a charge for the car park which is not mentioned, but this is the same for many branded hotels in Europe.
The bar is fine and I have always been given welcome drink(s)...

Can be busy at breakfast time if there are a few tour parties staying.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.