Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority club account deleted!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Echarais
Uh, no. I opened it so I could get points for purchasing a car seat through rewards mall. I am well aware of T&C's and have been managing my husband's account for years.
then i would definitely try to sort this out and perhaps demand some apology points as well...
Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by azepine00
and perhaps demand some apology points as well...
I'm not a big fan of that approach myself.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL, AT, HH Diamond, PC Plat AMB
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I'm not a big fan of that approach myself.
I'm not either. I would rather not mess with it. 7500 points is not much in the grand scheme, and definitely not worth my time.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by sara5571
My account - April 2010
The other accounts - around September/October 2010

All of the accounts have managed to win something since the game started (but legitimately i.e without use of hacks etc)

No surveys in the past months. Only thing I can think of was a new member bonus promotion I signed up to that was on priority club insider?

My mum just phoned the service centre and was told they can't access her account because its undergoing a "random audit"

I have written a letter of complaint and emailed it to the Service Centre explaining everything and have offered to provide proof of identity if required as this would be very easy to give to show that it's not just 7 accounts for me.
Were you playing the Anywhere Challange also through all the 7 accounts!!!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Hi just to answer a few questions:

None of the accounts were opened via any sort of promotion, they were just normal accounts.

Nope I wasn't arkadijs B or any of that crowd, only 4 family members have the same surname.

Yes I stupidly played the accounts for the rest of my family when they couldnt be bothered to do so, but whilst it was mostly on my laptop at home, it wasnt always.

No these accounts weren't all played during the anywhere challenge, only 2 i think.

Aside from my own account which is just under 50k, there's less than 10k in the rest of them, so we're certainly not points millionaires.

Yes each account won something but week 1 was much easier than the following weeks and therefore much easier to win a daily or weekly prize. I am not suggesting each account has won something every day/week.

I wrote a letter and emailed it off to the service centre, just explained that yes I played for the accounts with each person's permission but that each person can verify that they individually own the accounts and can send i.d. if required. I got this response:

Dear X,

Thank you for contacting Priority Club Rewards Service Center.

We understand your sentiment and apologize sincerely for the inconvenience you have experienced. Please be inform you’re your concern is being handled by the appropriate Department for assistance, as this department dutifully handles these types of concerns.

Thank you for your patience. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Should you need further assistance, please feel free to get in touch with us directly. Attached is the link to the service centers' phone numbers page:

http://www.priorityclub.com/contactus

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you.

Sincerely,

Mr. X

Priority Club Rewards

IHG

E-Mail: [email protected]
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by sara5571
Hi just to answer a few questions:

None of the accounts were opened via any sort of promotion, they were just normal accounts.

Nope I wasn't arkadijs B or any of that crowd, only 4 family members have the same surname.

Yes I stupidly played the accounts for the rest of my family when they couldnt be bothered to do so, but whilst it was mostly on my laptop at home, it wasnt always.

No these accounts weren't all played during the anywhere challenge, only 2 i think.

Aside from my own account which is just under 50k, there's less than 10k in the rest of them, so we're certainly not points millionaires.

Yes each account won something but week 1 was much easier than the following weeks and therefore much easier to win a daily or weekly prize. I am not suggesting each account has won something every day/week.

I wrote a letter and emailed it off to the service centre, just explained that yes I played for the accounts with each person's permission but that each person can verify that they individually own the accounts and can send i.d. if required.
As someone who has a fairly high six figure balance, I don't think PC has any issues with high balances (like point "millionaires") per se - just fraudulently acquired points.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that all 7 of your accounts were winning "every day / week". The fact that all 7 have won any amount of points in the current promo can only be described as "unusual".

I don't think any of us "own" our PC accounts. I think PC owns them but I could be mistaken on that point, maybe someone more fluent in the t & cs of PC can chime in.

Admitting that you "played for the accounts with each person's permission" might have been a mistake. It may only be a technicality but it may be the one detail that PC justifies the closing of the accounts. Just a guess.

Sorry you seem to be having a tough time w PC - it's really a pretty good program and I hope this all gets worked out.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
To be fair ... it was fairly easy to win in Week 1. Got a lot tougher since then, though.

Personally, I'm dropping the quiz now. Why bother, why correct answers are now marked as wrong and I run the risk of all my families accounts (all with 6-figure balances) being closed because I am playing on their behalf?
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Admitting that you "played for the accounts with each person's permission" might have been a mistake. It may only be a technicality but it may be the one detail that PC justifies the closing of the accounts. ..
There is absolutely no justification to close the accounts - OP did not violate any PC T&Cs. She may have violated the game's T&Cs by playin on behalf of family members and in that case PC can remove those points after review but by no means close the account.
OP, I wouldn't worry too much, PC has a history of screwing up their own promos and then suspending and reopening accounts trying to sort things out - check the quiz threads from last year.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by iamthehpt
With all 7 accounts winning, I think that your pig might have become a hog, thereby explaining the audit. The audit is anything BUT random.
So as I understand it, you would play the daily game first to get the answers on one account, then repeat playing on the other six accounts, knowing the answers so each new round could be completed in seconds, thus earning oodles of PC points. That to me is a conspiracy to defraud and PC would be quite right in shutting down all but the account that legitimately played the game first and likely didn't win all that often...Case closed!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:09 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
There is absolutely no justification to close the accounts - OP did not violate any PC T&Cs. She may have violated the game's T&Cs by playin on behalf of family members and in that case PC can remove those points after review but by no means close the account.
OP, I wouldn't worry too much, PC has a history of screwing up their own promos and then suspending and reopening accounts trying to sort things out - check the quiz threads from last year.
It is obvious that you haven't read the T&Cs very well. Here is their authority to cancel membership:

Membership Cancellation. SCH reserves the right to cancel any Priority Club membership and revoke any and all unredeemed Priority Club points collected by any member for reasons that include, but are not limited to: 1) violation of these Terms and Conditions; 2) misrepresentation of any information or any misuse of this Program; 3) violation of any national, state or local law or regulation in connection with the use of membership privileges; 4) failure to pay for hotel charges; 5) a check to a participating hotel brand that is returned for insufficient funds or is invalid for any reason; 6) commission of fraud or abuse involving any portion of this Program; 7) more than one active account per member; or 8) physical, verbal, or written abuse of hotel or IHG personnel; or 9) action, in any other way, to the detriment of the Program or any of its alliances; all as may be determined by SCH in its sole discretion.

These are the terms that every member agrees to.

mxm135
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Shareholder
So as I understand it, you would play the daily game first to get the answers on one account, then repeat playing on the other six accounts, knowing the answers so each new round could be completed in seconds, thus earning oodles of PC points. That to me is a conspiracy to defraud and PC would be quite right in shutting down all but the account that legitimately played the game first and likely didn't win all that often...Case closed!
Not really...each account would receive a new set of questions. Some repetition is possible, but it's not as though accounts 2-7 would be given the same set of questions.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MXM135
It is obvious that you haven't read the T&Cs very well. Here is their authority to cancel membership:

Membership Cancellation. SCH reserves the right to cancel any Priority Club membership and revoke any and all unredeemed Priority Club points collected by any member for reasons that include, but are not limited to: 1) violation of these Terms and Conditions; 2) misrepresentation of any information or any misuse of this Program; 3) violation of any national, state or local law or regulation in connection with the use of membership privileges; 4) failure to pay for hotel charges; 5) a check to a participating hotel brand that is returned for insufficient funds or is invalid for any reason; 6) commission of fraud or abuse involving any portion of this Program; 7) more than one active account per member; or 8) physical, verbal, or written abuse of hotel or IHG personnel; or 9) action, in any other way, to the detriment of the Program or any of its alliances; all as may be determined by SCH in its sole discretion.

These are the terms that every member agrees to.

mxm135
All programs have the same language but I have never heard of canceling anyone's account without a very strong justification (like selling miles for example). Unless there is more to OP's story I can't imaging it happening here - heavy handed action usually does more harm than good.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
All programs have the same language but I have never heard of canceling anyone's account without a very strong justification (like selling miles for example). Unless there is more to OP's story I can't imaging it happening here - heavy handed action usually does more harm than good.
As I posted earlier, it has happened to me twice in the past. PC is very trigger happy and definitely has a 'shoot first, ask questions later' approach.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by bob12403
Not really...each account would receive a new set of questions. Some repetition is possible, but it's not as though accounts 2-7 would be given the same set of questions.
Are you certain of this? That would presuppose the creation of hundreds of millions of questions that must be custom assembled for each account/player and not duplicated from day to day in their random assignments. Further, in any contest giving different questions to each player would invalidate the contest since contestants would not be competing on equal grounds. That would be a fraud against the contestant!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Well after 6 phone calls (including one with a person so rude that I was reduced to tears) and three emails to the service centre, I finally got a call from management to inform me that my account and the accounts of my family have been permanently closed and I can't have one ever again, because I had participated in the promotion for them and because you "can't manage other people's accounts for them". No matter how I tried to talk to the man, he simply kept stating this and stated it was not open for debate. He said it didn't matter that I had past stays or the credit card and said that in this age of identity fraud he hoped I could understand why they were taking this action! I offered to prove the identity of each of the account holders but he wouldn't listen. I understand that I violated the terms of the game and was therefore open to disqualification for playing on their behalf, but cancellation? I am extremely disappointed with how this has been handled and all for playing a silly game. Won't be staying with IHG ever again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.