Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Batam won't credit points

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2011, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Holiday Inn Batam won't credit points

Just had a stay at the Holiday Inn Batam in Indonesian and now only the dinner and spa spend have shown in my Priority Club but not the room rate and the whole stay is classified as non qualifying stay and no points were earned. Have contacted the hotel and they said that my room rate was non qualifying. I thought I should just get you guys to clarify this for me please. Do all rates directly booked on priorityclub.com qualify for points? I know it was a prepaid rate but I have never had any other problem with prepaid rates earning points in the last 10 years anywhere in the world. Any advice is appreciated before I go back to the hotel. Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Just had a stay at the Holiday Inn Batam in Indonesian and now only the dinner and spa spend have shown in my Priority Club but not the room rate and the whole stay is classified as non qualifying stay and no points were earned. Have contacted the hotel and they said that my room rate was non qualifying. I thought I should just get you guys to clarify this for me please. Do all rates directly booked on priorityclub.com qualify for points? I know it was a prepaid rate but I have never had any other problem with prepaid rates earning points in the last 10 years anywhere in the world. Any advice is appreciated before I go back to the hotel. Thanks.
Quote back the Priority Club T&Cs.

Article 11: Points for Stays. You may earn Points for Stays beginning with the date of your enrollment in the Program........ Eligible Charges Worldwide include the following Qualifying Room Rates paid for hotel room nights: including the hotel’s Advanced Purchase Rate, Best Flexible Rate, worldwide sales negotiated rate, national/regional/local government rate and specified leisure rates as confirmed by IHG's HOLIDEX® Plus reservation systems. Points will be awarded for Qualifying Room Rates booked through IHG central reservation offices, IHG web sites, travel agents or directly at the hotel. In addition, in North, South and Central America and the Caribbean, points may be collected on locally negotiated rates if these rates are discounted less than 30%. At Asia Pacific hotels, Qualifying Room Rates also include all locally negotiated rates. Eligible Charges Worldwide also include food and beverage, telephone, laundry, and in-room movies charged to the member's room. Hotels may choose to award points for other charges at their discretion................

Good luck.

mxm135
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
One exception of course is the Friends&Family rate. No stay credit, no points.

(You only say it was a prepaid rate and booked on pcr.com - was it adv. purchase? Then it should be qualifying)
Old Feb 22, 2011, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Below is my rate information. Thanks guys. You are fantastic. Will send them an email now.

Rate Type: Advance Purchase
Rate Description: Take advantage of special savings when you book early. This rate is nonrefundable, requires full prepayment, and is charged to your credit card between time of booking and day of arrival.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:21 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Better to claim for Missing Stay through PC website.

You will get the points.

Last edited by sweets61250; Feb 23, 2011 at 4:45 am Reason: spelling mistake
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:23 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sweets61250
Better to clain for Missing Stay through PC website.

You will get the points.
+1. I would not even bother with the hotel, particularily with the front office guys in Batam as they are not the most willing and cooperative bunch.

Just raise a missing stay claim through PC web site and fill in the info. State that you booked an advance purchase rate through PC website and as per T&Cs this rate earns points. Should be no issues to get the credit.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Their duty manager's rely below has officially p*ss me off. I have asked for their General Manager to lodge a complaint. My rate was an Advanced Purchase Rate booked on priorityclub.com. There was nothing that says only rates above $100 that qualify for PCR points! Be aware when you book with this hotel.

Dear xxx

Please find the following terms and conditions from Priority Club website, I just took 1 part of the PCR terms and conditions :

Limits on Points for Stays. Points are not issued for stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates; Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate. Except as expressly set out otherwise in these Terms and Conditions, Priority Club points are not awarded for fractions of a U.S. dollar spent, or for dollars spent on tax, VAT, GST, service charges, gratuities or hotel incidentals. Charges not billed to your room, gift shop purchases, and meeting charges, other than Priority Club Meeting Rewards, will not be eligible for points. You must have stayed in the room and paid for it in full to receive Priority Club points. Only one room will be credited per member per night; however, at U.S. and Canadian hotels (except InterContinental), you can collect points or miles on all Eligible Charges for multiple hotel rooms (less than 10), provided those rooms are used in conjunction with your stay at the same hotel, and your Priority Club Rewards member number is recorded on each reservation, or the charges from those multiple room reservations are referred to on the hotel room bill associated with your reservation. Only the member whose name is on the reservation record will be awarded points and will be awarded Qualifying Night credit toward achieving Elite-level status or other promotional goals. Only one Qualifying Night credit, per member, per night will be awarded regardless of the number of reservations booked and paid for by the member. Points and/or Qualifying Night credit are not awarded for no shows even if the room is paid for in full. Priority Club points or miles will not be issued if your room is paid for by a trade group, association or company as part of a convention or group business meeting (10 rooms or more). If you stay at an IHG hotel under the terms of a contract or group commitment, you will not be eligible to receive points.

We would like to inform you that every hotel have a regulation to assign the qualifying room rates. Our hotel qualified room rates is SGD 100/room/night.

Trust the above is suffice, please feel free to contact me directly should you need any further assistance and question.

Thank you and regards,

xxx
Duty Manager

Tel : +62 778 381333
Fax : +62 778 381331
www.holidayinn.com/batamid

Holiday Inn Resort Batam
Waterfront City, Batam
Indonesia, 29422

Last edited by Xiaotung; Feb 23, 2011 at 2:29 am
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:28 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Their duty manager's rely below has officially p*ss me off. I have asked for their General Manager to lodge a complaint.

[...]
Just go the direct way and claim a missing stay with Priority Club. A single call or email will be enough.

For your reference, this guy is only telling half of the truth; here are the full T&Cs:
11. Points for Stays. [...] Eligible Charges Worldwide include the following Qualifying Room Rates paid for hotel room nights: including the hotel’s Advanced Purchase Rate, Best Flexible Rate, worldwide sales negotiated rate, national/regional/local government rate and specified leisure rates as confirmed by IHG's HOLIDEX® Plus reservation systems. Points will be awarded for Qualifying Room Rates booked through IHG central reservation offices, IHG web sites, travel agents or directly at the hotel. [...]
There is nothing like "more than 100 SGD" rule and advance purchase rates are always qualifying. Maybe you want to tell him this and suggest him to look for another job, as throwing around T&Cs without knowing them is not the behaviour you want to find in the hospitality industry.
Case closed
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Just go the direct way and claim a missing stay with Priority Club. A single call or email will be enough.

For your reference, this guy is only telling half of the truth; here are the full T&Cs:

There is nothing like "more than 100 SGD" and advance purchase rates are always qualifying.
Case closed
I have claimed the missing stay on the PCR website as well and haven't had a response yet. How long is their turnaround time?

It just amazes me how ignorant hotel staff can be.

I suppose I could also request a chargeback from my credit card issuer as this is a breach of contract and I did not receive the service promised.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:35 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
I have claimed the missing stay on the PCR website as well and haven't had a response yet. How long is their turnaround time?

It just amazes me how ignorant hotel staff can be.
Inconsistent. Something between 12 hours and 7 days (although they say max 3 days); calling means it will get adjusted right on the spot.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:43 am

Programs: IC - RA, AC - SE 1MM
Recent point dispute

Did the online point discrep, emailed twiced, no reponse for a month, call the number on my RA card and had it showing in 5 minutes. My advice, call.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:44 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If you feel like this guy needs a lesson do as Chinatrvl suggested and quote the full T&Cs. Highlight the section on the advance purchase rate and tell him that if he quotes T&Cs he should make sure that he reads and understands them fully before making up statements.

But I doubt you will get much satisfaction out of it. Wait for your points to post and be happy after you got them. Don't waste too much time on shortsighted front desk staff. I told you already that they have a bit of a reputation at that hotel for being 'not so sharp'.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IC Expert
Did the online point discrep, emailed twiced, no reponse for a month, call the number on my RA card and had it showing in 5 minutes. My advice, call.
Thanks for the advice. Just called the number in Australia and got connected to their customer service. Points were credited for this stay on the spot.

For this hotel, if this was their official position they might want to consider leaving the Holiday Inn brand.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by demue
If you feel like this guy needs a lesson do as Chinatrvl suggested and quote the full T&Cs. Highlight the section on the advance purchase rate and tell him that if he quotes T&Cs he should make sure that he reads and understands them fully before making up statements.

But I doubt you will get much satisfaction out of it. Wait for your points to post and be happy after you got them. Don't waste too much time on shortsighted front desk staff. I told you already that they have a bit of a reputation at that hotel for being 'not so sharp'.
Points posted. Just emailed and asked them to consider leaving the IHG group. Personally won't return to this hotel in the future. However my email bounced back. Maybe they blocked me from making a complaint with their GM. Anyway, not wasting my time anymore. Point made here.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:03 am

Good outcome in any case. I wld press for an explanantion from pc abt the hotels response to your issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.