Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ebay & the Royal Ambassador experience = beware ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2011, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I imagine because it's against PayPal's TOS to do a chargeback without going through their process first. People have been known to have their PayPal accounts suspended for that, or (worse) found PayPal digging into their bank account to repay the chargeback that they did "illegally".
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:35 am
kkl

good thread. was considering buying an RA cert too
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:36 am

I have 2 of these "SHARE" certificates, one shows expires April 2011 and the other July 2011. They show not for barter or resale on the front side. Do these expiration dates signal the time in which the RA status expires once the transfer has been made OR the expiration of when I can process the transfer?...I forgot I had them till I saw this post. If I was to sell them and somehow was reported to the IC police...What happens then, Alcatraz?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by mcdeuce
If I was to sell them and somehow was reported to the IC police...What happens then, Alcatraz?
Yep....but fruit plate and complimentary minibar are still honored.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
What happens then, Alcatraz?
I'd call first to see if they upgrade RAs to suites.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 3:20 pm

Programs: PC Royal Amb
The expiry date is the date by which Customer Service has to have the Referral Certificate. So the April 2011 cert has to be received by the end of April and will grant RA status until April 2012 (unless of course, the cert is processed in Mar 2011 then the RA status in good until March 2012.)
Old Mar 27, 2011, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by MattGreenfield
The expiry date is the date by which Customer Service has to have the Referral Certificate. So the April 2011 cert has to be received by the end of April and will grant RA status until April 2012 (unless of course, the cert is processed in Mar 2011 then the RA status in good until March 2012.)
Ok...understand the process now. TY
Old Mar 27, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: PC Royal Amb
Oh! One point to clarify. The dates I used assumed that the person who uses the Referral Certificate isn't an Ambassador already and pays the $200 to become one. If the person is already an Ambassador then the RA status is only good until the Ambassador expires.

For example, Ambassador status until Dec 2011 using the April 2011 Referral Cert will only be Royal Ambassador until Dec 2011. In Sept 2011 Customer Service will do a check and if the person requalifies for RA then it will be renewed in Sept 2011. If the person doesn't requalify then the Ambassador status will be renewed automatically Dec 2011.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:12 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.314 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

I have 2 of these "SHARE" certificates, one shows expires April 2011 and the other July 2011. They show not for barter or resale on the front side. Do these expiration dates signal the time in which the RA status expires once the transfer has been made OR the expiration of when I can process the transfer?...I forgot I had them till I saw this post. If I was to sell them and somehow was reported to the IC police...What happens then, Alcatraz?
I don't remember any reports of people being "caught" by IC, but if they did then I suppose it would be the same punishment that people caught breaking some of the other T&Cs got - account closed, and you would forfeit your points.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:40 am
uk1
Suspended

Ok...understand the process now. TY
Sorry to butt in ..... but the explanation you've been given is potentially incomplete. So just to ensure you fully understand......

You must submit the form before the date it expires with all of the details of the sponsoring member on it but your year's membership expires when your Ambassador membership expires if that is earlier.

So if you currently have an Ambassador membership that expires in January 2012 and an RA cert that expires in say April 2011, then you must submit the voucher before the end of April and your membership will last until then end of January 2012 - unless you buy a new Ambassador membership to coincide with the RA cert submission date.

ps. Can't believe this is my 5000th post ..... where did it all go wrong ........
Old Mar 28, 2011, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by uk1
Sorry to butt in ..... but the explanation you've been given is potentially incomplete. So just to ensure you fully understand......

You must submit the form before the date it expires with all of the details of the sponsoring member on it but your year's membership expires when your Ambassador membership expires if that is earlier.

So if you currently have an Ambassador membership that expires in January 2012 and an RA cert that expires in say April 2011, then you must submit the voucher before the end of April and your membership will last until then end of January 2012 - unless you buy a new Ambassador membership to coincide with the RA cert submission date.

ps. Can't believe this is my 5000th post ..... where did it all go wrong ........
Thanks for butting in...I need all the help I can get overhere. I see the pitch, somewhat complicated of a process. TY
Old Mar 29, 2011, 3:47 am

Programs: AF Gold | LH SEN | Hertz #1 Gold | PCR Plat | IC RA
For people with an RA referral

Got this from a different forum:

For people with an RA referral, my advise is as follows:

An RA referral will grant you RA status until the end of your Ambassador year (assuming that you already have Ambassador status). So if you’re Ambassador year ends on September, 2011 and you send in an RA referral in March, 2011, you will only get 6 months of RA status (March-September)

If you are not currently an Ambassador member, my advice is to apply for Ambassador status first using 32K points or $200. This will get you a package which has a 5K point code along with a Buy one weekend night (BOGO), get one free voucher. Once you get the package, send in your RA referral and you will get another package with the same 2 items. Your RA status will be good for about one year (since you just applied for Ambassador). Some lucky people (including myself in the past) have also received an RA referral voucher with their kit, however, this is by chance. Normally, I don’t think that referred RA’s are suppose to get a referral voucher.
See full history here:
http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/...ful-tips.4410/

Cheers
P
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:14 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new here an just joined up to be an ambassador since I am getting married in June and most people are staying at an ic and then staying in another one in Rome during our honeymoon. I was going to buy a referral for royal ambassador on eBay in order to get the better upgrades but am now having second thoughts. Since I can't access the coupon forum, is there anywhere else that anyone would reccomend to buy a certificate?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Last edited by Danthecran; Apr 18, 2011 at 1:34 am
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Danthecran
Since I can't access the coupon forum, is there anywhere else that anyone would reccomend to buy a certificate?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Xxxx yyyy
do you think it's wise to post what seems to be your real full name here when asking about ways to circumvent the T&Cs of PC? Would suck to have a PC lurker here take note of your name and revoke your RA-ship if/when you have bought it.

As to your actual question... don't know.

Welcome to FT!
Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:35 am
uk1
Suspended

Welcome to FT Danthecran

Unluckily the short answer to your question I'm afraid is "no"! But you also need a more fundamental question .... apart from mini bar .... what other benefits do you believe you will receive over your Ambassador benefits? What will be the "nightly cost" of those benefits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.