Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ebay & the Royal Ambassador experience = beware ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:13 am
Suspended

Frankly, even though I like the referal programme. But now I am so sick of it and I hope IHG cancel the referals and only award RA for those who earned it.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
From the sounds of it, they are printing out their own certificates and sending them off?

I'd like to be an RA member, I don't stay enough to hit the targets, but I would support no referrals any more to clamp down on morons like this - even if it would mean I would likely never be a RA as a result.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I know we had a thread on buying referral certificates on eBay but I thought this warranted a new thread as I think there is something decidedly dodgy going on! At least 6 have been sold since May - make that 7 - another one was sold on 14the August but no feedback yet! I think ICH should be made aware of this - do you think they monitor eBay?
Why don't you report them to eBay and/or IHG? What purpose does it serve to post this here?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Why don't you report them to eBay and/or IHG? What purpose does it serve to post this here?
It may alert someone who's looking to buy a referral certificate and also hopefully someone at IHG is reading and takes the appropriate action. Do you have the email address of the correct department at IHG - if so I'll email them the link?
Have you ever tried to report something to eBay - I have and it's not easy.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
It may alert someone who's looking to buy a referral certificate and also hopefully someone at IHG is reading and takes the appropriate action. Do you have the email address of the correct department at IHG - if so I'll email them the link?
Why don't you PM IHG Care?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:14 am

Hopefully they're reading anyway. I have now reported it to eBay but not sure it'll do any good - maybe if a few others reported it they might take action - the link is -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/interconti...item41698d1447
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I have and it's very easy, the easiest way is go to ebay.co.uk and do a online chat with a CS.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by chongcao
Frankly, even though I like the referal programme. But now I am so sick of it and I hope IHG cancel the referals and only award RA for those who earned it.
+1
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
What purpose does it serve to post this here?
+1
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by chongcao
Well there are just some people like me who are very happy to give for free their referal at their good friends.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:37 am

Nacho - I reported it via the item.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Aug 21, 2012 at 5:56 am Reason: edited delted post out of posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I agree. I think IHG should be notified of this. While I am not against the RA referral program, I am against someone profiting from it, many times over. Which is not the same as trading or bartering one for something else IMO.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/intercont...#ht_4082wt_922

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/InterCont...#ht_1170wt_922

This is in australia as well I was wondering where they are getting all these from.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233

This is in australia as well I was wondering where they are getting all these from.
I hadn't noticed that the second one you link to has already sold 2 others in the last 12 months.

Fanjet - those are my feelings exactly.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Shanye2233

I'm not sure if it's from Australia - anyone can buy/sell things through ebay.whatever. I guess they use Australia because of the currency and it's far away from IHG's HQ and CS.

It seems to me that the seller could be working for or have connections with RA desk. It could even be the one who actually print those certs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.