Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Win it in a minute" trivia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
26,5xx with 1 wrong answer because I don't know enough European geography!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Slow and wrong today. Must try harder tomorrow....my effort today was pathetic
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:48 pm

Disappointed

Just tried this game, and am afraid it really doesn't work for me. I loved the previous game (the one which added new elements to a photo everyday) as I had a good opportunity to win, and even when I didn't it taught me something about geography. I spent HOURS on Wikipedia looking for the answers.

But I'll never come out anywhere near the top finishers on this new game, so I have no chance to garner any points at all, so it's just not worth the time.

Even a few token points (say, 50 points per correct answer?) would be sufficient incentive to keep me coming back everyday, but with no chance for any points I can't be bothered.

-J
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: Priority CLub Platinum
I think with the Anywhere Challenge, IHG ended up giving away a lot more points than they had budgeted for, mainly with the conferring on forums such as this, hence this promotion only has a short time for you to submit your answer, so you can't look the answers up, and the questions are randomised so there can be no conferring - this being emphasised by the terms and conditions.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Is a new weekday considered 12 midnight EST?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by iceman77_7
Is a new weekday considered 12 midnight EST?
Weekly Entry Period Start Date (begins at 12:00 a.m. ET)End Date (ends at 11:59p.m. ET)
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I would like to challenge the answer related to longevity. Given all the thousands of octogenarians in Japan now being discovered to have died many years before but still recorded as living, it is a fallacy to content Japanese have longer lifespans than Canadians! I demand a recount!!!!!!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs
26,5xx with 1 wrong answer because I don't know enough European geography!
Can't recall any question relating to European geography in my four...
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Eligibility: Priority Club Rewards Win It in a Minute Trivia Challenge (the “Trivia Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia), Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom,
Booooo!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Maybe UK residents got them?

All my was purely NorthAm
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by olegator
Maybe UK residents got them?

All my was purely NorthAm
I got two European questions. US address.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:09 am

Programs: Co Gold
Looks like there's a chance for some points early on while there are not a lot players

Looking at the weekly leader board I only see 80 names in total so if no-one signed up, everyone would win on the weekly game this week.

Even if there is a sudden rush of sign ups, everyone who played yesterday has a days start on them.

I just did my day 2 and got one wrong that I shouldn't have, but it put me 4 overall on the weekly board
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:29 am

Thanks, OP! ^

Just got this e-mail:

BlueDog,

We're happy to let you know that you won a Daily Prize of 5,000 Priority Club points yesterday in the Win It in a Minute Trivia Challenge! Congratulations!

Your Priority Club points will be deposited into your Priority Club Rewards account within 8-10 weeks. If we happen to need additional information from you, we will contact you at this email address.

To review the rules for this promotion, click here. If you have any questions that are not addressed in the rules, please feel free to reply to this email. Just be sure to keep the original subject line.

Congratulations again and thank you for your participation!

The Win It in a Minute Trivia Team
Prize Fulfillment Services
[email protected]
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:58 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Nice little game but I didn't get in the top 10 on either mine or my husband's account. There's no way I can move fast enough. We both had different questions.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:30 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by brokestudent
Missed 2 answers and not in the top 100 I think I am just too slow
Yey Im currently no. 1 for the day. But I doubt I'll get 5K points by the end of today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.