Community
Wiki Posts
Search

300 free points for Priority Club Survey

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2011, 6:09 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by olegator
they should penalize the people who try to abouse their system - dont't you think so?
They should penalize if there is some violation of rules.. here they have not done the basic testing of their IT infrastructure and coding which makes it possible for the same member account to get multiple credits for the same promo.. how difficult is it to restrict that..Not very difficult IME..

Infact, when they find some abuse, they should take that case as a learning and plug that loop hole ..
Old Jan 19, 2011, 6:10 am

I think they did a bit back they closed accounts
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:48 am

Here are the rules:

Terms and Conditions:
*Must be a Priority Club Rewards member. The number of bonus points, as indicated in the communication, will be deposited into member's account within 48 hours after the quiz is submitted. Priority Club Rewards members are only eligible to receive the Bonus points once, regardless of the number of times the quiz is taken. Priority Club Rewards members who have chosen miles as their earning preference will be awarded points. Subject to standard Priority Club Rewards Membership terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting priorityclub.com. This exclusive offer is valid for original recipient only.

By my count, taking multiple quizzes in different languages breaks at least 2 of the stated rules (they are bolded above). To each their own, and good luck.

Last edited by CokeandTaco; Jan 19, 2011 at 7:50 am Reason: remove url
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by DBoy
Originally posted by deltagoldflyer:
Thanks, did all 4 countries x 500 pts. 2000 pts are already credited. Should we get more greedy?
Considering what happened the last year (account audits and suspension) I wouldn't do it.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
FWIW, I believe IHG should ensure that they code their offers and promos in such a way that it cannot be so simple to get multiple points for the same ones..
They should not penalize the member for trying to get more points from some obvious loopholes in their systems IMO..
Originally Posted by foxberg
Considering what happened the last year (account audits and suspension) I wouldn't do it.
Last year, they temporarily suspended the accounts of everyone who had taken these surveys because it was discovered that you could take them multiple times, and some created loops to have their computer automatically take them hundreds of thousands of times... Essentially creating unlimited generation of PC points. They suspended the accounts, closed the loophole, then reinstated everyone who hadn't used the surveys to generate millions of points to their account. They capped the number of points earned per member at 5000 - the equivalent to having taken each country survey 5 times. Now, if you try to take one of those surveys more than once, you get a message that 'You have already taken this survey'.

The crisis is over. Everyone can down their shields. Taking the surveys for each country is fine, as the system will only allow you to do it once per.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, AS
Tried it, got this:

"You have already answered the quiz questions. Thank you for your participation. Keep your eyes open for our next bonus offer!"
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:43 pm

I did the quizzes last year (many months after "quiz gate") for a total of 2,000 points. About 1/2 year later (around the time of the Anywhere Challenge) I suddenly had 2,000 points removed from my account. No email, just a negative adjustment. I wasn't the only one, although I think just a few of us were affected. An inquiry verified that they'd audited my account and removed the quiz points. So, as always, YMMV...
Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Travlynn
Tried it, got this:

"You have already answered the quiz questions. Thank you for your participation. Keep your eyes open for our next bonus offer!"
+1.. this is what should be there.. and not banning members who use a loophole they hv not plugged and that too for some measely 1-2k points..
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Oh-so-thank-U for my easy 500 points for taking each quiz once & only once! Not that I really need 'em, as I will crack my case as soon as I get my new PC Visa & use it once!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Infact, when they find some abuse, they should take that case as a learning and plug that loop hole ..
Yes and when you come home to find your house emptied of all your valuables you should take the case as a learning and lock your door in future?

The only reason anyone was able to abuse the survey offer was by intentionally and knowingly taking it again and again, which they knew very well was just taking points for nothing.

Get off your entitlement horse and walk for a while, you'll find it illuminating
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Insta-post of the 300

Too bad we can't 'rep' the OP. But here's my thumbs up! ^
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
Yes and when you come home to find your house emptied of all your valuables you should take the case as a learning and lock your door in future?

The only reason anyone was able to abuse the survey offer was by intentionally and knowingly taking it again and again, which they knew very well was just taking points for nothing.

Get off your entitlement horse and walk for a while, you'll find it illuminating
Its not an entitlement and I didnt mean it that way..

But what I meant was companies (hotels, airlines, banks etc) need to ensure they give out proper promos which are tested before launch.. dont u see a error price in some airfare and just buy it.. didnt we see that .01 cent per night promo in CP Venice east..and so so many others..
the thing is nowadays loopholes are easily found and used to benefit others, and IMO this one is one where most fter's would not have got more than say 1/2k points ( i myself got total 1800points only) and hence not a big deal..

And when cos should go and solve the root cause that punish the guy who found it.. ofcourse am speaking abt these small kind of mundane stuff and not examples as u r giving..
So i guess u never apply and register for all promos listed in this forum if those are not targeted to u right ??
Anyway, I gave me 2 cents..
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
You mean you could read it in Japanese and Chinese? Because if you couldn't and just made a "lucky guess" selecting random radio buttons then you had no idea that it was the same survey you already took. And you didn't even know that points were posted to your account because you couldn't understand the confirmation message. You just happened to stumble across some random page on the internet and by clicking into the empty form fields it autofilled it with your PCR number (which you, of course, you don't remember by heart) and your last name (that you didn't even pay attention too). And at the end you simply clicked on the only button at the bottom of all those hieroglyphics just for the hell of it.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
The 300 points one worked fine for me. Points have credited.
Tried a 100 points one and keep getting an error message.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
+ 500 for me and my wife, and they are counting as statuspoints ^^^
Thanks ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.