Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer
I'm wondering if I should cancel my upcoming trip. There are now also some Dengue cases in Bora Bora and many in Tahiti, the numbers doubled in the past month.
Plus de 200 cas de dengue en Polynsie

All up to you.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:11 pm

I'm wondering if I should cancel my upcoming trip. There are now also some Dengue cases in Bora Bora and many in Tahiti, the numbers doubled in the past month.
When is your trip?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by persoid
I just did this. And they charge 3400xpf each way for the transfer from le moana. it is pretty clear that the flyers at Le Moana say 3400 round trip. Take a picture of that flyer when you arrive at the Le Moana front desk.
I'll be looking for this flyer. Do you know where at Moana I can find it? The signs at Moana dock now only have schedule, no cost.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
When is your trip?
September
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Releasing 11/21-22, 23-25, 29-30
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:44 am

https://www.precisionvaccinations.co...es-during-2019

Dengue epidemic was announced in Tahiti in April with the estimate of pretty much EVERYBODY getting the virus...
Same as the recent chikungunya outbreak.
But this year is horrible for dengue, the numbers in Central America and Asia (including Thailand) are exploding.
Sorry, but no travel for us this year.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Brando Suite - is it worth an extra $1,300 for two nights?

Who's stayed in the Brando Suite before? I've got it booked for our honeymoon next May on an Ambassador free weekend night voucher. Including tax, roughly $3,500 for the two nights. (I got it immediately upon the dates being released at 304714 XPF per night plus tax.) It's definitely a splurge, as the rest of our stay is going to be on a combo of Chase UR points at Thalasso, IHG points (likely either at Le Moana or Moorea, depending on availability come January).

If we didn't stay in the Brando Suite, we'd do a pool overwater villa with the BOGO cert, saving us a little over $1,300 including tax for the two nights.

So is it worth the extra cash for two nights in absolute luxury? Wanting to surprise my fiancee, but $1,300 isn't insignificant. That said, it's our honeymoon and the Brando Suite would be unforgettable.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:36 pm

The ambassador bogo should give a one room guaranteed upgrade. You should be able to book one room below and get that guaranteed ahead of time. I would email ahead of time to confirm though. I believe the room below would be the premium pool villa. Thats the route I would go if you want the Brando. Let us know if that works for you.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:03 pm
igw

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
I'm doing exactly what @rdh0924 is doing in November. I recommend booking it through a portal, which helps shave off a bit of the cost. I inquired about booking the Premium Pool Villa and confirming an upgrade and they said the following: "Unfortunately, our Pool overwater villas, Pool Premium overwater villas and Brando Suites are excluded from the InterContinental Ambassador program as per terms & conditions. The maximum Ambassador upgrade possible is to one of our Diamond Otemanu overwater villa.". You could roll the dice and then basically pay a fee to upgrade upon arrival to the Brando Suite from the Premium Pool Villa, but unfortunately, in that scenario, you would be paying the upgrade fee for both nights, (which that likely eats into whatever savings you would get) and you would be rolling the dice about availability upon arrival. You also wouldn't get the portal savings on the upgrade price. Overall, I'm in your boat in thinking that this is worth the splurge, but it definitely hurts!
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I don;t think you will get upgraded to the Brando. I will say that the pool suites aren't great. They are closest to the beach, and don't have great mountain views. For $650 a night extra, YES! That is an absolute STEAL for the Brando. It is your honeymoon, the $1300 will come and go in your life. You won't even notice it in a few months time. You will always remember two days in the Brando suite, sitting in your pool, watching the sun set with a view of the mountain.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:58 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Originally Posted by rdh0924
Who's stayed in the Brando Suite before? I've got it booked for our honeymoon next May on an Ambassador free weekend night voucher. Including tax, roughly $3,500 for the two nights. (I got it immediately upon the dates being released at 304714 XPF per night plus tax.) It's definitely a splurge, as the rest of our stay is going to be on a combo of Chase UR points at Thalasso, IHG points (likely either at Le Moana or Moorea, depending on availability come January).

If we didn't stay in the Brando Suite, we'd do a pool overwater villa with the BOGO cert, saving us a little over $1,300 including tax for the two nights.

So is it worth the extra cash for two nights in absolute luxury? Wanting to surprise my fiancee, but $1,300 isn't insignificant. That said, it's our honeymoon and the Brando Suite would be unforgettable.

Might be worth checking

EDIT: Totally forgot about the Ambassador certificate
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
It is your honeymoon, the $1300 will come and go in your life. You won't even notice it in a few months time. You will always remember two days in the Brando suite, sitting in your pool, watching the sun set with a view of the mountain.
Sold! I've got our four nights at Thalasso booked. Two nights in a Brando suite and one in a pool overwater villa, closer to the beach. (My fiancee LOVES the idea of having our own pool. She has no idea about the Brando suite and will be completely surprised when we check-in!) Since we already have two nights with the perfect Mt. Otemanu view, I figured there was no reason to pay more for the premium pool overwater villa with a minor view.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:31 am

Sold! I've got our four nights at Thalasso booked. Two nights in a Brando suite and one in a pool overwater villa, closer to the beach. (My fiancee LOVES the idea of having our own pool. She has no idea about the Brando suite and will be completely surprised when we check-in!) Since we already have two nights with the perfect Mt. Otemanu view, I figured there was no reason to pay more for the premium pool overwater villa with a minor view.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.
You're switching between 3 different rooms?

Where else are you staying or visiting in French Polynesia?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by tylerc
You're switching between 3 different rooms?

Where else are you staying or visiting in French Polynesia?
Our tentative itinerary is:

Night 1: IC Tahiti (late arriving flight)
Nights 2-6: IC Le Moana
Nights 7-10: IC Thalasso (first two in Brando suite, last two in pool OWV)

Would love to stay in the Brando suite for four nights but even two nights (one on a BOGO cert) is a splurge right now. (Were on one salary with my fiance in a Ph.D program right now.)

Depending on award night availability at Le Moana we may spend a few nights in Moorea instead but I plan to be vigilant come January once nights are released, so fingers crossed.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:58 am

Our tentative itinerary is:

Night 1: IC Tahiti (late arriving flight)
Nights 2-6: IC Le Moana
Nights 7-10: IC Thalasso (first two in Brando suite, last two in pool OWV)

Would love to stay in the Brando suite for four nights but even two nights (one on a BOGO cert) is a splurge right now. (Were on one salary with my fiance in a Ph.D program right now.)

Depending on award night availability at Le Moana we may spend a few nights in Moorea instead but I plan to be vigilant come January once nights are released, so fingers crossed.
Ah, sorry, I was confused because you said you were staying 4 nights but listed Brando for 2 and pool for 1...

To be honest, if you have the points for Moana I would suggest staying more nights at Thalasso in the standard overwater villa instead. Moana is good if you want to buy some supplies and go for a meal on the island before heading to Thalasso, but I don't think I would stay for 4 nights if Thalasso was an option. Keep in mind food at Thalasso is more expensive than Moana.

I'm guessing you're going around April then?

Moorea is nice, but you really only need a day and a rental car to see the whole island. We're going back to FP in a few months, and are skipping Moorea this time and staying 3 nights Thalasso followed by 5 nights St. Regis. We also have a night at IC Tahiti due to late arrival.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.