Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 7:05 pm

Title

Fwiw, when I cancelled some nights at Moana in June they instantly went back to inventory
Old May 13, 2019, 10:33 pm

Cant' find a single day for points availability. this is crazy!
Old May 14, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by alaskaforlife
Cant' find a single day for points availability. this is crazy!
The calendar doesn't work anymore. You have to check every single day individually. Only then you can be sure there is no availability...
Old May 15, 2019, 8:10 am

Do they still offer 50% off for breakfast doing check-in?
Old May 15, 2019, 9:28 am

[QUOTE=lchan1982;31103729]
Do they still offer 50% off for breakfast doing check-in?
[/QUOTE

yes
lchan1982 likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
Wrong Board! Sorry

Last edited by noddie09; May 22, 2019 at 8:19 am
Old May 28, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
I'm planning to book our honeymoon for May 2020 at some point in the next couple of months. I've toyed with the idea of playing the points game and piecing together a week, but ultimately I think we'll just make a paid reservation in order to guarantee an upgrade as a Spire Ambassador. I have a few questions for any BB veterans, though:

1. Ultimately, I'd love to secure a Diamond Otemanu Overwater Villa, preferably at the end of the pontoon. That said, I want to get the best bang for our buck. So do we book a Diamond Overwater Villa and then hope to secure the upgrade to the Otemanu view? Or is it more likely to get an upgrade to end of pontoon if we actually book a Diamond Otemanu OWV.

2. For those who have been to both Le Moana and Thalasso, how much time would you recommend staying at each? We're looking at 7 or 8 night totals. 4 and 4? Thinking if we did 4 at Thalasso, I'd be more inclined to book on points at Le Moana and not care if we end up in a beach bungalow without a guaranteed upgrade. (We'd still be in BB, right?!)

3. Lastly, with 7-8 nights -- none of which will be "just to sleep" in Tahiti due to early or late flights, by the way -- is it worth going to Moorea or should we stick to BB?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 28, 2019, 12:55 am

1. Look at the maps of rooms which you can find online. Amb gives guaranteed 1 cat upgrade on paid stay.

2. I would do 5 Thalasso, 3 Moana. At Moana I actuality prefer the beach bungalows. If you want an overwater bungalow per se, I would skip Moana and just do Thalasso all the way, as their OWB are much nicer. Personally I think people are a bit too obsessed by OWB, prolly because there are only few places where you can stay in one. A beach bungalow has much more advantages.

3. I think Moorea (the island) is very much underrated. It is at least as nice as Bora Bora, and has some advantages over it. However, on an 8 day trip I would not combine 3 hotels. I would consider spending all my time at Moorea, or 3 days Moorea, 5 days Thalasso, or fully Bora Bora. While the InterContinental Moorea is certainly a respectable place with nice staff, it is not luxurious (nor is Moana). You will notice the difference immediately at Thalasso.
rdh0924 likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:59 am

It all depends what you rate highest:

If the hotel itself is more important: spend more time at Thalasso.

If you love OWB: spend more time at Thalasso.

If you prefer exploring on your own, and hike/bike on an island with stunning rough terrain: spend more time at Moorea.

If you like to chill, take it easy, have lots of lazy days: spend more time at Bora Bora.

If you like to eat out of the hotel: spend less time at Thalasso.
rdh0924 likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by rdh0924
I'm planning to book our honeymoon for May 2020 at some point in the next couple of months. I've toyed with the idea of playing the points game and piecing together a week, but ultimately I think we'll just make a paid reservation in order to guarantee an upgrade as a Spire Ambassador. I have a few questions for any BB veterans, though:

1. Ultimately, I'd love to secure a Diamond Otemanu Overwater Villa, preferably at the end of the pontoon. That said, I want to get the best bang for our buck. So do we book a Diamond Overwater Villa and then hope to secure the upgrade to the Otemanu view? Or is it more likely to get an upgrade to end of pontoon if we actually book a Diamond Otemanu OWV.

2. For those who have been to both Le Moana and Thalasso, how much time would you recommend staying at each? We're looking at 7 or 8 night totals. 4 and 4? Thinking if we did 4 at Thalasso, I'd be more inclined to book on points at Le Moana and not care if we end up in a beach bungalow without a guaranteed upgrade. (We'd still be in BB, right?!)

3. Lastly, with 7-8 nights -- none of which will be "just to sleep" in Tahiti due to early or late flights, by the way -- is it worth going to Moorea or should we stick to BB?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!
If you pay for your stay, I would recommend splitting your stay between the Thalasso and the Conrad. Both are more memorable and more special than the Moana.
rdh0924 likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by rdh0924
I recommend splitting the nights between the two resorts with the first half at Le Moana followed by Thalasso. I agree with much of 336's posts.
Buzzman and rdh0924 like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:22 am

If anyone has 9/2, 9/3, or 9/4 and they are not going to use the free night, please let me know as I currently have these nights as paid nights.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

Thanks
Old May 29, 2019, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by 336
It all depends what you rate highest:

If the hotel itself is more important: spend more time at Thalasso.

If you love OWB: spend more time at Thalasso.

If you prefer exploring on your own, and hike/bike on an island with stunning rough terrain: spend more time at Moorea.

If you like to chill, take it easy, have lots of lazy days: spend more time at Bora Bora.

If you like to eat out of the hotel: spend less time at Thalasso.
Thanks, 336. All of your comments were very helpful! I think we'll split it up between Thalasso and Le Moana. Hope to get back there and check out Moorea another time!
Old May 29, 2019, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer
If you pay for your stay, I would recommend splitting your stay between the Thalasso and the Conrad. Both are more memorable and more special than the Moana.
Thanks, DUflyer. We're going to take advantage of my AMB free weekend night and will soon sign up my fiancee for Ambassador to snag another free weekend night as we'll bookend our trip with those. If it wasn't for those, we'd look into the Conrad, too. Next time!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:18 pm

Hi, is there anyone who will cancel the reservation (paid, reward, whatever) on July 5? I booked a night with refundable rate, and cancelled it to change it to non-refundable rate, but the room wasn't back and rooms are sold out right now.
I already have paid night on July 4, so I would like to stay one more night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.