Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

They do. How I found out is after agreeing to let the Conrad send a transport to pick us up from Le Moana. The rate was pure extortion, but still cheaper than what IHG was asking to take us to the Conrad. This company is who the Conrad hired to pick us up. I only found out about going direct with them afterwards.

Clearly they will be more expensive than the free shuttle to town, taxi ride to the Conrad and free transport to the Conrad. But much more convenient. Each person will need to judge convenience vs. cost.

TD
15,000 XPF per way - 7am to 5pm
25,000 XPF per way after 5pm
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Call the hotel and ask about and rewards availability. If they dont have availability I book a refundable room and ask if they will convert to Points if they open up. Results will very

Has this actually worked for anyone?
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Has anyone stayed with the new Ambassador benefits yet? 4pm checkout or are they eating the $50 spa credit/10,000 points guarantee in lieu of the 4pm checkout?

Last edited by harrisk7; Mar 9, 2019 at 11:17 am
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by harrisk7

15,000 XPF per way - 7am to 5pm
25,000 XPF per way after 5pm
For me and my family on vacation in BB $140USD is a no-brainer. I would book that over wasting what wil be at least several hours waiting for boats and taxis. Opinions will vary.

TD
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by harrisk7
Has anyone stayed with the new Ambassador benefits yet? 4pm checkout or are they eating the $50 spa credit/10,000 points guarantee in lieu of the 4pm checkout?
I'm just regular Ambassador and I got 4 pm checkout along with two drink vouchers. My offer was 2 drink vouchers or I think 600 points. Pretty much no brainer. Voucher is good for wine, beer, or non alcoholic drink. It doesn't apply to cocktails or happy hour drinks. I asked about the new ambassador benefits and didn't really get a clear answer. There was no mention of spa credit or 10k points. I did receive a buy one get one 50% spa offer. This is for 50 USD or more. To access the spa for the day is 50 dollars per person, but included for free with any spa services.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:45 pm

FYI, you can find some better award availability than the calendar may indicate if you are willing to book a longer stay.

I currently have a 2 night booking there (Mar 22-24) using one paid night and an ambassador free night. I had managed to then separately snag a Chase free night on Mar 22-23 and was then trying to use either points or Player2's Chase free night to get the night of 23-24, and I would then use these instead of my original 2-night booking (which I would cancel).

Could not get the night of the 23-24. However, I would have been able to get a 3 night stay for March 23-26 as an award stay on points, even though those did not show as available on the calendar to me.

Basically, they appear to have the Emerald Overwater Villas vacant on several days but are not letting you book 1-night stays on some of those days (ie. weekends, or potentially days in which the hotel has high vacancy in general). This indirectly blocks the Chase Free Night on those nights since you have to book those individually, but you may still be able to get award stays if you can book a longer timeframe. (In my case, I can't, since I head off to the Conrad on the 24th, but someone else can take advantage hopefully)
IAlwaysCall likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:32 am

Change to the ferry policy

Have a booking in May and i asked for an updated copy of the ferry time table. The concierge forwarded that over to me; with a new note that the ferry round trip is always chargeable now - unless you book an activity via the hotel.

"We kindly inform you our policy regarding our shuttle boat have changed. We now apply a charge of 3 390 Pacific Francs per person for the roundtrip.

Only if you book an activity on the main island with us, the InterContinental Concierge, you will have a complimentary roundtrip.
"
The timetable itself was unchanged from the wiki.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:18 pm

I'm checking in today to Thalasso - will report back if this policy has changed in fact for the shuttle.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:19 pm

We have spend a week at the Thalasso. In fact never felt the urge to shuttle to the main island.

Note that we did explore the main island for 4 days before heading to the Thalasso.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by 336
We have spend a week at the Thalasso. In fact never felt the urge to shuttle to the main island.

Note that we did explore the main island for 4 days before heading to the Thalasso.
Its my third trip and I;ve tried the Moana and its on my do not return list. I like renting a car and driving round the road and just having time to stop and look at my own pace; plus chance to go to store for provisions etc makes the ferry useful. The resort Is nice but I would go crazy if I were there for a week. Hate to say it would be nice to have resort fee, some hobby cats and the ferry in the fee...
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:30 am

Checked in today - shuttle is still free if you leave before 2:15pm. Believe you were given wrong info.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:56 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
Hi folks, does anyone have any advice for how to snag some award nights at the Le Moana or the Thalasso? I'm planning a retirement trip for my parents when my dad retires at the end of this year. While there's a lot of flexibility (any time in 2020 lol), I can't find a single award night at either hotel.

I was really fortunate to honeymoon at both in April/2017, and while it was tough to get dates, things would change and open up here and there. Now, though, I can't seem to find a single date at any time, despite looking pretty frequently.

P.S. FWIW we enjoyed the Le Moana, especially the freedom to quickly and "cheaply" access the rest of the island. Plus, the food at both our dinners at the Thalasso was vile (even if the room is jaw-dropping).
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by ShootinPutin11
Hi folks, does anyone have any advice for how to snag some award nights at the Le Moana or the Thalasso? I'm planning a retirement trip for my parents when my dad retires at the end of this year. While there's a lot of flexibility (any time in 2020 lol), I can't find a single award night at either hotel.

I was really fortunate to honeymoon at both in April/2017, and while it was tough to get dates, things would change and open up here and there. Now, though, I can't seem to find a single date at any time, despite looking pretty frequently.

P.S. FWIW we enjoyed the Le Moana, especially the freedom to quickly and "cheaply" access the rest of the island. Plus, the food at both our dinners at the Thalasso was vile (even if the room is jaw-dropping).
Reward nights don't open up until closer in, like 90-120 days.. so its hard to plan way out.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:29 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
Originally Posted by Buzzman
Reward nights don't open up until closer in, like 90-120 days.. so its hard to plan way out.
I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the tip. I still don't see anything right now, but I'll keep checking closer in rather than a year in advance. Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by ShootinPutin11
I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the tip. I still don't see anything right now, but I'll keep checking closer in rather than a year in advance. Thanks!
Don't just rely on the calendar. There are reward nights available at the Thalasso and the Moana that don't show up in the calendar...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.