Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
I have a stay here and Le Meridien - wondering what's the cheapest way to get between the resorts? Wonder if possible to walk between them on the back pier?
Apparently you cannot walk as there is a private property between them. I think the cheapest way is to take one of the free 2 seater kayaks and transport all your luggage and all your family members over, one by one. As the last one, you need to swim over, but that's ok without luggage.

Maybe there is a more efficient solution to the Thalasso-Meridien problem. You could add it here or find some inspiration: River Crossing Puzzles and Adult Brain Teasers
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:28 pm

Hi, I am currently at Thalasso and had a question about the shuttle fees. Upon check-in, we were told that we’d be charged 3,390xpf/person each way (Le Moana to Thalasso, and then Thalasso to Moana when we check out and depart). From looking st the wiki, I thought the charge was for a RT. Perhaps I misunderstood. Hope someone can clarify. Thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer
Apparently you cannot walk as there is a private property between them. I think the cheapest way is to take one of the free 2 seater kayaks and transport all your luggage and all your family members over, one by one. As the last one, you need to swim over, but that's ok without luggage.

Maybe there is a more efficient solution to the Thalasso-Meridien problem. You could add it here or find some inspiration: River Crossing Puzzles and Adult Brain Teasers
Thanks for the comedic relief lol
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by DUflyer

LOL actually not a bad idea. Will save you $$$$$
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Yes, I think a bit of kayaking to save $250 is totally worth it. I'm happy to pay a bit for a transfer from the Conrad to the Thalasso, but to the Meridien next door seems totally ridiculous. We could always hear the show from the Meridien and were thinking of cheap ways to get there. In the end we were too lazy and didn't go.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by slusser08
We were able to get a solid week on points and chase night certificates. 4 at Thalasso and 3 at Le Moana. We did upgrade 3 of our nights at Thalasso for 15k xpf and one night to the Brando suite at 60k. I would say the Brando suite was definitely amazing but one night was almost not enough really to enjoy it. Don't get me wrong it was amazing but that day flew by.
That sounds amazing! We will by trying to score a few free nights when availability posts. Is 60k points a standard upgrade to the Brando suite? I wonder if cash is an option and how much?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by mharlan100

That sounds amazing! We will by trying to score a few free nights when availability posts. Is 60k points a standard upgrade to the Brando suite? I wonder if cash is an option and how much?
Not points... he's talking 600 xpf which is roughly $575USD
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Buzzman
Not points... he's talking 600 xpf which is roughly $575USD
Thanks for the clarification. Even that seems like a good deal!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:40 am

Hi all. I am new here. I booked a night using 70k points at IHG Thalasso for March 30 (Emerald suite), but I made a mistake on the date. I should have booked March 27 instead of March 30. I will be canceling it soon. Anyone booked March 27 but would rather March 30? I would love to work out exchanging the date with someone. If not, I will cancel my reservation, hope someone can book it.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Transfer to Conrad

im sorry if this has already been mentioned, have scrolled back a year and haven’t found an answer to this. What is the best or cheapest way to transfer to the Conrad? I’m sure the hotel would arrange a direct transfer at an unreasonable cost. Maybe boat to La Moana and then taxi to Conrad to save quite a bit? Have two stays at Thalasso bookending a stay at the Conrad.

Put this whole trip together yesterday in about an hour for a trip in a couple of weeks so not much waiting to do! Have been to the Maldives a few times, time to see how Bora Bora compares!

interesting find to note, we used two of our certificates to start out and got those nights booked. I then looked at the points calendar and there was nothing available. Then decided to check out availability at the Conrad and got several nights booked with points and Amex certificates. Wanting to stay some extra days in French Polynesia I checked again looking to arrive a few days before the Conrad so I checked points availability again but not in the calendar view and saw that there was availability for the 3 nights before my Conrad check in. I changed it to 2 nights before, no availability. 1 night before, no availability. 1 night, night by night, no availability. Back to the 3 nights before, availability and booked and confirmed. I thought for sure it was going to be phantom or a website glitch but it hs confirmed with a confirmation email.

Does this hotel require points reservations to be 3 nights or more?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:27 am

Cheapest way to get form Thalasso to Conrad is just like you said - boat to Le Moana, taxi to Conrad dock. Forget the cost, but you save at least $100-$200.
harrisk7 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Cheapest way to get form Thalasso to Conrad is just like you said - boat to Le Moana, taxi to Conrad dock. Forget the cost, but you save at least $100-$200.

thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by harrisk7
im sorry if this has already been mentioned, have scrolled back a year and haven’t found an answer to this. What is the best or cheapest way to transfer to the Conrad? I’m sure the hotel would arrange a direct transfer at an unreasonable cost. Maybe boat to La Moana and then taxi to Conrad to save quite a bit? Have two stays at Thalasso bookending a stay at the Conrad.

Put this whole trip together yesterday in about an hour for a trip in a couple of weeks so not much waiting to do! Have been to the Maldives a few times, time to see how Bora Bora compares!

interesting find to note, we used two of our certificates to start out and got those nights booked. I then looked at the points calendar and there was nothing available. Then decided to check out availability at the Conrad and got several nights booked with points and Amex certificates. Wanting to stay some extra days in French Polynesia I checked again looking to arrive a few days before the Conrad so I checked points availability again but not in the calendar view and saw that there was availability for the 3 nights before my Conrad check in. I changed it to 2 nights before, no availability. 1 night before, no availability. 1 night, night by night, no availability. Back to the 3 nights before, availability and booked and confirmed. I thought for sure it was going to be phantom or a website glitch but it hs confirmed with a confirmation email.

Does this hotel require points reservations to be 3 nights or more?

Try these guys....would be curious what they are charging now...

Lagoon Service Bora Bora ? Lagoon excursions Bora Bora
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Try these guys....would be curious what they are charging now...

Lagoon Service Bora Bora ? Lagoon excursions Bora Bora
I sent them an inquiry. Did they used to do transfers? Only thing mentioned on their website are tours
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by harrisk7

I sent them an inquiry. Did they used to do transfers? Only thing mentioned on their website are tours
They do. How I found out is after agreeing to let the Conrad send a transport to pick us up from Le Moana. The rate was pure extortion, but still cheaper than what IHG was asking to take us to the Conrad. This company is who the Conrad hired to pick us up. I only found out about going direct with them afterwards.

Clearly they will be more expensive than the free shuttle to town, taxi ride to the Conrad and free transport to the Conrad. But much more convenient. Each person will need to judge convenience vs. cost.

TD
Sweet Willie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.