Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:43 am

Pool was in great shape in early April.

Btw, are those round wooden chairs still at the Reef restaurant? I hate those chairs...so heavy, uncomfortable, and difficult to get in/out of.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by itsj0nathan
Looks like they have a new GM. As of a few weeks ago all tripadvisor responses are coming from Charles de Reeseguier instead of Stephane Massarini.
Good news for the new IC Beppu Resort and Spa as that's where Stephane went. IMO, Stephane as a GM is as good as it gets.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:21 am

Thanks for your updates guys. Seems like the hotel is still a nice place to spend a week or two
The new GM - he's not new, right? He was Massarini's assistant if I'm not mistaken...
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
The new GM - he's not new, right? He was Massarini's assistant if I'm not mistaken...
The person that you called the previous GM's assistant might be Christophe Maudet, the long time Executive Assistant Manager in charge of Rooms Division?

Charles de Resseguier, the new GM, was also an Executive Assistant Manager at an IC in French Polynesia, but I can't recall him at the Thalasso.

Last edited by UASPG; Dec 23, 2018 at 6:52 am
Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:53 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Troopers
Good news for the new IC Beppu Resort and Spa as that's where Stephane went. IMO, Stephane as a GM is as good as it gets.
Stephane had a long work history in Japan before the IC Thalasso. His wife is Japanese and with kids, it makes perfect sense to be going back. Nice chap.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Stephane had a long work history in Japan before the IC Thalasso. His wife is Japanese and with kids, it makes perfect sense to be going back. Nice chap.
he used to work at CP Fukuoka (I thought that’s where he was prior to coming Thalasso)
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
My preference goes to Silvio Bion and Guillaume Epinette, the 2 first GMs.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:26 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
he used to work at CP Fukuoka (I thought that’s where he was prior to coming Thalasso)
He spent more than an hour with us earlier this year just for a random chat whilst we were staying at the resort - very thoughtful and interesting chat. It was funny how he told us that when he travelled half way round the world for an annual global GM meeting and end up at a IHG property in Bali, supposedly "amazing", but then when he is flying in from Bora Bora - everything seems pretty average and I think, that's totally expected.

Oh and he had a quick stint at the St Regis Bora Bora just prior to the Thalasso.
lincoln boy likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:59 pm

Questions about your recent trip to bora bora

Originally Posted by slusser08
I wanted to give a big thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. My wife and I just returned from our vacation of a lifetime from Bora Bora and a big part of us being able to go and being prepared had to do with this thread. We were able to get a solid week on points and chase night certificates. 4 at Thalasso and 3 at Le Moana. We did upgrade 3 of our nights at Thalasso for 15k xpf and one night to the Brando suite at 60k. I would say the Brando suite was definitely amazing but one night was almost not enough really to enjoy it. Don't get me wrong it was amazing but that day flew by. Some differences I did notice from what I read in this thread was I did try to take a boat to Thalasso before 2:00 the one day I was staying at the Le Moana and they wanted to charge me for boat transfer and I didnt end up going. But I did think I read on here that you could transfer between the two for no charge before 2:00. I never tried transfering to Le Moana from Thalasso though. I did also opt for breakfast the first 3 days at the Thalasso which was really good and they have just about everything you could want. But $50 for breakfast is still a lot for 2 people in my book. We did stop at Chin Lee grocery before going over to the Thalasso so we packed plenty to get us through and the days we stayed at the Le Moana we were able to go out and get Pizza's at "The Lucky House" and also got 1/4 chicken from a tent in an empty lot just down a little ways on the same side of the street as the Lucky House for 700 xpf. I would not recommend the beef though. If you are worried about spending 80 pp per meal in Bora bora there are definately alternatives when staying at the Le Moana. At the Thalasso though you better have some stuff packed cause there isnt anyway for you to get anywhere except boat transfer.

Also something I didn't notice mentioned in here both of our rooms at the Thalasso had little lizards or geckos in them and they fast and when you first catch one dashing across the floor or wall out of the corner of your eye you definately jump a little bit. They are harmless but if your not expecting it can be a little darting.

When staying at the Le Moana we were upgraded all 3 nights without asking to an Overwater Bungalow at no charge. The staff at the Le Moana were amazing and definately work there tails off. It is much much small then Thalasso with a much smaller staff but they work there tails off to make your stay absolutely fantastic. Also I would say as far as seeing fish goes in your overwater bungalow through your coffee table there really arent any at the Thalasso but the Le Moana has a ton and you can sit in your room and feed them from the coffee table and see quite a variety of fish.
hi! Really enjoyed reading your message. I’ve got a trip planned to Bora bora on 1/19-1/22 but am still holding out hope to find reward availability. Would you have some time to talk? Would love to get some tips and have a conversation. Appreciate all your help!

feel free to Shoot me a message.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Wife and I have 4 nights booked here. Two of them are with my free Chase nights, one with wife's, and one with my father's (because we needed to reserve and didn't have wife's second free night yet). Since the room is for up to 3 people, we put both of our names as the other guests in the booking under my father's free night. My wife just got her additional free night which will work there still, so we're considering swapping my father's for her's, but obviously worried about losing the night if we cancel online and try and immediately rebook and the room doesn't go back into inventory.

Anyone have experience with this? Should we just call to have CSR do it over the phone? Should we just leave the night under my father and expect no issues when we check in because both of our names are listed as Additional Guests?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...-ihg-stay.html

Last edited by glocklt4; Jan 10, 2019 at 8:55 am
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by glocklt4
Wife and I have 4 nights booked here. Two of them are with my free Chase nights, one with wife's, and one with my father's (because we needed to reserve and didn't have wife's second free night yet). Since the room is for up to 3 people, we put both of our names as the other guests in the booking under my father's free night. My wife just got her additional free night which will work there still, so we're considering swapping my father's for her's, but obviously worried about losing the night if we cancel online and try and immediately rebook and the room doesn't go back into inventory.

Anyone have experience with this? Should we just call to have CSR do it over the phone? Should we just leave the night under my father and expect no issues when we check in because both of our names are listed as Additional Guests?

I've had nights cancelled and never go back into inventory. Hit or miss.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador
We stayed in December and used one of my father's certificates. It caused some confusion when checking in because they did not seem to have anything with additional guests info. As I also had put in my wife's name as an additional guest. But they allowed it with his name as the reservation.
glocklt4 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by glocklt4

I would not cancel your free night unless you’re OK paying for the room. It may not go back into inventory. Email the hotel and give them your information and everything will be OK We have used free nights from other people multiple times
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
I would not cancel your free night unless you’re OK paying for the room. It may not go back into inventory. Email the hotel and give them your information and everything will be OK We have used free nights from other people multiple times
Yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards. Have him email the hotel and say he is giving us his night and has added us on to the reservation.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by slusser08
We stayed in December and used one of my father's certificates. It caused some confusion when checking in because they did not seem to have anything with additional guests info. As I also had put in my wife's name as an additional guest. But they allowed it with his name as the reservation.
Interesting - sounds like the website isn't passing that info along then. Bummer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.