Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by blind1985
Anyone have any scuba diving experience? Currently I have 4 nights booked at IC Thalasso and we have around a 8-9 days so trying to figure out the rest of the stays to where we can do some diving. ie should we spend more time around Tahiti & Moorea. We are open water certified with about 20 dives. Thanks.
We dove with Top Dive in 2012. We enjoyed it. They are located at the Thalasso. We did book directly with Top Dive as it was cheaper.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Corridor!

We dove with Top Dive in 2012. We enjoyed it. They are located at the Thalasso. We did book directly with Top Dive as it was cheaper.
​​​​
Cool, thanks for the info. would you recommend spending more time I currently have book around Bora Bora diving (I can book a few nights at IC
Le Moana Bora Bora) or is it better to switch it up and dive around the Tahiti & Moorea?

Last edited by blind1985; Nov 15, 2018 at 4:54 am Reason: fixing quote
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:47 am

Anyone have any recent pictures of the new premium pool villas? Wondering how nice the rooms are
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Anyone have any scuba diving experience? Currently I have 4 nights booked at IC Thalasso and we have around a 8-9 days so trying to figure out the rest of the stays to where we can do some diving. ie should we spend more time around Tahiti & Moorea. We are open water certified with about 20 dives. Thanks.
See my response at Le Moana page... as to spending more time at Tahiti itself, I'd say no and if anything, more time in Bora...
blind1985 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:35 pm

Diving

​​​​
Cool, thanks for the info. would you recommend spending more time I currently have book around Bora Bora diving (I can book a few nights at IC
Le Moana Bora Bora) or is it better to switch it up and dive around the Tahiti & Moorea?
We dove in Moorea and Bora Bora. Both were nice. I would personally stay in Bora Bora more than the other islands. That is not for the reason of diving though. It's for the sheer reason of how beautiful it is.
blind1985 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:52 pm

Looking at Villa 204 and 205 from the pool edge

View from the chairs of Villa 203

Pool of Villa 203
Originally Posted by atojbk
Anyone have any recent pictures of the new premium pool villas? Wondering how nice the rooms are
We just got back 3 weeks ago and we stayed in the regular pool villa. It was absolutely phenomenal!!!!! We prefer that side of the resort and staying in one of those rooms guarantees that. We chose a regular pool villa because we want to be able to stand in the ocean from our villa. We stayed in 203 and loved it. When we go back I have asked for 203 or 205. I would chose those rooms because your chairs on the deck face the ocean. 205 might be a bit more private but the chairs at villa 204 would be facing your deck. 203 has a regular villa behind you and they don't stare directly at you. 201 used to be the best emerald villa (before the pool villas) on that side of the resort but I wouldn't want that room or 200 anymore. The chairs on the deck for those rooms face the land. 204 would be my third choice. We stayed on points and paid about $200 per night to upgrade. An absolute steel since these rooms are priced at about $1,750 per night.
atojbk likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Corridor!

Looking at Villa 204 and 205 from the pool edge

View from the chairs of Villa 203

Pool of Villa 203

We just got back 3 weeks ago and we stayed in the regular pool villa. It was absolutely phenomenal!!!!! We prefer that side of the resort and staying in one of those rooms guarantees that. We chose a regular pool villa because we want to be able to stand in the ocean from our villa. We stayed in 203 and loved it. When we go back I have asked for 203 or 205. I would chose those rooms because your chairs on the deck face the ocean. 205 might be a bit more private but the chairs at villa 204 would be facing your deck. 203 has a regular villa behind you and they don't stare directly at you. 201 used to be the best emerald villa (before the pool villas) on that side of the resort but I wouldn't want that room or 200 anymore. The chairs on the deck for those rooms face the land. 204 would be my third choice. We stayed on points and paid about $200 per night to upgrade. An absolute steel since these rooms are priced at about $1,750 per night.
that's a great deal =] thanks for the pics. how was the room itself? renovated as well I'm assuming?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by atojbk
that's a great deal =] thanks for the pics. how was the room itself? renovated as well I'm assuming?
The room was in really good shape. It looks the same as before accept the sliding door appears to be new. It appears to have gone a refurbish as the floors didn't even have scratches. Also the upper deck is now massive. The lower deck is a lot bigger too. You can't go wrong with this room!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:16 pm

Hello everyone, did Intercontinental reservations change to availability only 4 - 5 months out as opposed to the 11 months out?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by osugrad2x
Hello everyone, did Intercontinental reservations change to availability only 4 - 5 months out as opposed to the 11 months out?
Tahiti IC is different from IC system wide reservations... encourage you to read earlier posts in this thread
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador
This may seem like a dumb question but its our first time to Bora Bora and after viewing the wiki summary my plan once we arrive in BOB was to take the free airport shuttle to Vaitape then a taxi to Le Moana then the IC shuttle to Thalasso.

As stated above:
Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 2712 XPF per person (updated Apr 2018) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

My question is, is this taxi a water taxi or an actual vehicle taxi? I was wanting to hit up one of the local groceries before making our way to Thalasso. Is that possible before heading to Le Moana? Also if we get to Le Moana before a certain time I have seen other places that say the IC shuttle is free is this true or is that just old information?

Also does anyone have any recommendation on activities they would recommend that do not necessarily break the bank?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by slusser08
This may seem like a dumb question but its our first time to Bora Bora and after viewing the wiki summary my plan once we arrive in BOB was to take the free airport shuttle to Vaitape then a taxi to Le Moana then the IC shuttle to Thalasso.

As stated above:
Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 2712 XPF per person (updated Apr 2018) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

My question is, is this taxi a water taxi or an actual vehicle taxi? I was wanting to hit up one of the local groceries before making our way to Thalasso. Is that possible before heading to Le Moana? Also if we get to Le Moana before a certain time I have seen other places that say the IC shuttle is free is this true or is that just old information?

Also does anyone have any recommendation on activities they would recommend that do not necessarily break the bank?
Boat to Vaitape. (Free) Car taxi to the Moana. ($20) Water transfer to the Thalasso. ($27pp) What time does your plane arrive into Bora Bora?

This is the route we always go upon arrival. This is so we can go to the grocery store. We normally wait at the Moana for about 1.25 hours but we are always on the first plane to Bora Bora. Which means we take the 11:45am shuttle to the Thalasso.

No boat transfer is free for departure or arrival.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:56 pm

Looks like they have a new GM. As of a few weeks ago all tripadvisor responses are coming from Charles de Reeseguier instead of Stephane Massarini.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:01 pm

All the availability now is phantom - nothing bookable.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:06 am

Help w award avail in January 2019

Saw reward availability yesterday for 1/21 and now it’s gone. Was trying to book in block of 1/19-1/22 and didn’t know what I had until it disappeared. Can anyone please help? Does anyone have any in this block that they wouldn’t mind releasing? much appreciated! Have never been to this hotel and was looking forward to this opportunity. Thank you all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.