Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:42 am

Anyone stay at the premium pool villas? Thoughts? What # villa should i request?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by eknock007
What you do is you have to change the reservation. After clicking on the Change Stay box, you'll see your reservation details and under Travel Dates you'll be able to edit your travel dates. Because it is a free night booking, after clicking on edit you'll will see a calendar pop open with available free nights. I had to do this recently without having to cancel my original free night booking. It took me about a couple of minutes to change my free night date.
When you say change the reservation, are you saying we have to make a dummy booking first for whatever is available on points?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by atojbk
Anyone stay at the premium pool villas? Thoughts? What # villa should i request?
We will be staying in regular pool villa later this year. We elected this for the depth of the water. It’s important for us to be able to stand in the water. The direct view is better from the premium villas though. If I could be guaranteed 206, I would take a premium villa. Problem is they can’t guarantee a room and I don’t want to be at the end near the Brando suite. 206 depth is about 5’.
atojbk likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:20 pm

Looking for 1 day before or after 8/3 to make a 2 night stay

Hi Everyone,

I am in need of you help. I have been faithfully looking for night at this hotel. I finally got 1 night on 8/3 but need an extra night either before or after for our 13 year wedding anniversary. Any help or pointer from anyone would be really greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by LoveToTravel15
Hi Everyone,

I am in need of you help. I have been faithfully looking for night at this hotel. I finally got 1 night on 8/3 but need an extra night either before or after for our 13 year wedding anniversary. Any help or pointer from anyone would be really greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Your best bet is to book at Moanna if available, and hope to see if Thalasso opens up last minute. There is literally no way of knowing if something will open at this point outside of rolling the dice.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by LoveToTravel15
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
I agree on looking for Moana as I have 8/4 at Thalasso and I don't plan on canceling. You do still have the hope of getting 8/2 I guess.
LoveToTravel15 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by floridatraveler90
I agree on looking for Moana as I have 8/4 at Thalasso and I don't plan on canceling. You do still have the hope of getting 8/2 I guess.
I have 7/31 I am going to cancel tomorrow if that helps anyone. PM me if you need it. First one gets it.

To to be clear, I am not looking for anything other than trying to help out a fellow FTer. We found 5 nights at the Conrad we are going to use instead. Stayed 5 days last year at Thalasso and loved it. But thought we would try Conrad this year.
LoveToTravel15 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by sunshine213
When you say change the reservation, are you saying we have to make a dummy booking first for whatever is available on points?
No, once you booked your free night you cannot search for free night availability with a dummy points booking because Chase free nights and IHG points have different availability buckets. Again you can edit an existing free night booking or if you know someone (including fellow FT's) who hasn't used up their free night, have that person look for free night availability. Then you simply modify an existing reservation or you can cancel the booking and re-book with the new dates.

Last edited by eknock007; Jul 19, 2018 at 10:16 am
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by eknock007
No, once you booked your free night you cannot search for free night availability with a dummy points booking because Chase free nights and IHG points have different availability buckets. Again you can edit an existing free night booking or if you know someone (including fellow FT's) who hasn't used up their free night, have that person look for free night availability. Then you simply modify an existing reservation or you can cancel the booking and re-book with the new dates.
Is this accurate? I have a free night cert in one account and points only in another, don't see any different availability...
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Is this accurate? I have a free night cert in one account and points only in another, don't see any different availability...
No that is not accurate. Can you search the website without having a free night available. You can even search the site without logging in and see available Chase free nights.

I have been told that Chase Free Nights and Points Stays come from the same inventory. That is not accurate.

Follow the link below. When you first click it will look like there is no rewards availability for LeMona. Click on Select Hotel and you will see Chase Free Night avaialbity. But no Points availability.

https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/fin...b_u=1&qRad=100

Now click on this link. Shows no availability for LeMoana. Click on Select Hotel and you will see Points availability. No Chase Free Night.

https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/find-hotels/hotel/list?qDest=Bora%20Bora,%20French%20Polynesia&qCiMy =62018&qCiD=22&qCoMy=62018&qCoD=23&qAdlt=1&qChld=0 &qRms=1&qRtP=6CBARC.IVCFN.IVANI&qIta=99634975&qAka maiCC=US&qSrt=sDD&qBrs=ic.ki.ul.in.cp.vn.hi.ex.cv. rs.cw.sb.&qAAR=6CBARC.IVCFN&srb_u=1&qRad=100&qRdU= km

Other searches will show with show both available.

The one thing that is accurate, is the website is maddening! It should not be that hard to look for award space.

Dave

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Jul 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:04 pm

Thanks, I will try other date and Moana.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:13 pm

Not sure if i am seeing things or not but when i have the chase night available, i saw that there were a whole bunch of nights available in December. I went and book 1 night using the chase night. When i was done, i went back to try to book another night using points, nothing show up as available for the whole month. I need help....IHG site is really tricky and not that informative.

Last edited by LoveToTravel15; Jul 19, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:14 pm

Moanna now show nothing much in December but a lot in Nov. Is this something will open up as time goes by?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:55 am

If anyone would be releasing nights in October/November, please let me know
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
I've stayed at both properties, been to most of the resorts in BB and will never stay at Thalasso again. They never gave me the points I earned from my spending there even on paid nights all because the last night was the last part of a BOGO and therefore all my spending on the portfolio ended up getting paid for on that last day when I checked out. Even after explaining that a lot of my spending (food, spa and so forth) was actually on paid nights, they still refused to issue the points I earned (forgot I don't get points on spa spending there, but should have on the rest of my spending). They not only burned bridges to good customers, but also caused me to steer my clients to other resorts. That was in 2016. They didn't seem to care as they get plenty of business from agencies booking honeymooners who don't care about points and usually are just there as a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Loyalty didn't seem to matter. The rest of the staff is nice. Just got back from BB, but stayed at the Conrad. Been there before, but back before the renovations, when they were Hilton. Also hired a private boat and captain to visit most properties to see their condition so I could evaluate for future stays for us and others. Not trying to steer anyone here away from Thalasso, but just warning those who might have paid stays directly booked with IHG, like I did, that if you have an award night the last night you might be better off paying your balances (food and so forth) on your paid nights and don't wait until final checkout (they are stingy, or at least were).

Last edited by Churnman; Aug 6, 2018 at 7:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.