Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 10:20 pm

The Moorea scenery was very lovely.

Last edited by beagleflyer1977; May 21, 2018 at 4:46 pm
Old May 3, 2018, 12:47 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
We had an amazing trip and thanks to so many folks on here for their tips and advice. We hope to go back someday but this trip will be difficult to top.
So when you get back, and had only one resort to pick in Bora Bora .... Thalasso or Conrad?
Old May 3, 2018, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
So when you get back, and had only one resort to pick in Bora Bora .... Thalasso or Conrad?
Would pick Thalasso over Conrad. Thalasso as a property is just more elegant and picturesque and easier to get around. The lagoon setting is more ideal than Conrad.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Would pick Thalasso over Conrad. Thalasso as a property is just more elegant and picturesque and easier to get around. The lagoon setting is more ideal than Conrad.
Excluding the unbeatable lagoon/mountain views - you found the Thalasso much more better than the Conrad? Count me as being surprised.

My wife and I both prefer the Conrad much more but then without the Mount Otenamu views you could be anywhere in the world (Seychelles, Maldives, Mauritius etc) I guess.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:10 pm

I would say that I would prefer the Thalasso over the Conrad. I feel the grounds and room are more elegant at the Conrad though. Also marine life is a way better. That being said, I like the shallow water at the Thalasso and the overall layout of the property. I also prefer the layout of the room better at the Thalasso even though they are not as nice as the Conrad. You can't go wrong either way though.
Old May 3, 2018, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Excluding the unbeatable lagoon/mountain views - you found the Thalasso much more better than the Conrad? Count me as being surprised.

My wife and I both prefer the Conrad much more but then without the Mount Otenamu views you could be anywhere in the world (Seychelles, Maldives, Mauritius etc) I guess.
Yes even excluding the views, I think the Thalasso has a better layout than the Conrad. The Conrad room is nicer with the view and the quality is more upscale, but there's just something special about Thalasso. The dinners at Thalasso were right on the beach from the Sands restaurant - it was just the perfect setting. Given a choice - would gladly go back to Thalasso over Conrad. Both properties are amazing, but my preference would be Thalasso.
alanslegal likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
Thinking seriously in changing my reservation for June from Conrad to Thalasso.
Old May 8, 2018, 3:35 am

Conrad is the old Hilton, right? It's not even close tbh. It could be anywhere, there is no view, just open water
and there is no lagoon/water has no color. The BEST thing about Bora Bora is the water color, 50 shades of blue surrounding you.
Something very unique and the most beautiful in the world. Some Maldives resorts come close, still Bora Bora is the best.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by honores41
Stay at both (if you can) and see what you like;

Personally for us the Conrad beats the Thalasso in every single way except Thalasso's legendary postcard perfect lagoon water and Mount Otenamu backdrop.

If we return for our third visit, my wife says we will spend two nights at the Thalasso just so we can take photos of the lagoon/Mount Otenamu and show them off on Facebook and Instagram .. then spend a week at the Conrad.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
That is what I was thinking 3 nights in each.....before 5 nights in Hilton Moorea
Old May 8, 2018, 2:21 pm

I would absolutely change from Conrad to Thalasso - Thalasso is a nicer property and a better overall setting. You won't regret staying more at Thalasso before Conrad.
Old May 8, 2018, 2:30 pm

I think only you can decide which one is nicer. There are pros and cons to both. I would stay inMoorea first though. Hilton Moorea is nice but both properties in Bora Bora are nicer.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:04 pm

Difference in rooms?

We stayed there last year in one of the new pool rooms. We are using points on this visit and have an Emerald room. We asked for costs to upgrade, but the pool rooms are sold out.

They gave us options for three other rooms (below), but I can’t see any difference in the rooms, other than the names and cost. I know location and views play a part, but excluding those reasons how are the rooms different?

Thanks
Dave

Cost to upgrade from Emerald per night:
Sapphire Villa : 7000 CFP + taxes and Fees
Diamond Villa : 15 000 CFP + taxes and Fees
Diamond Otemanu Villa : 29 000 CFP + taxes and Fees

Last edited by Traveler Dave; May 10, 2018 at 4:10 pm
Old May 10, 2018, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by delder
We stayed there last year in one of the new pool rooms. We are using points on this visit and have an Emerald room. We asked for costs to upgrade, but the pool rooms are sold out.

They gave us options for three other rooms (below), but I can’t see any difference in the rooms, other than the names and cost. I know location and views play a part, but excluding those reasons how are the rooms different?

Thanks
Dave

Cost to upgrade from Emerald per night:
Sapphire Villa : 7000 CFP + taxes and Fees
Diamond Villa : 15 000 CFP + taxes and Fees
Diamond Otemanu Villa : 29 000 CFP + taxes and Fees

Do you have status in IHG?
Old May 10, 2018, 9:27 pm

Do you have status in IHG?
Spire Ambassador

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.