Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh

Cash:
I took out cash at the Tahiti airport, which turned out to be useless. The general store, main island restaurants, and hotels all accepted Credit Card. I wouldn't take out cash in the future. If you really need it, the hotel will give it to you and charge it against your room at an OK rate.

!
Thanks for a really helpful review CanuckFlyHigh! As noted in the wiki of this thread, it seems that ATMs at PPT are no longer there. I wonder how you got cash at the airport. was it an ATM? If so, did you use US issued debit card or credit card? I only need the cash to cover taxis between Le Moana and Viatepe.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Local currency or USD?
we paid in local currency.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Thanks for a really helpful review CanuckFlyHigh! As noted in the wiki of this thread, it seems that ATMs at PPT are no longer there. I wonder how you got cash at the airport. was it an ATM? If so, did you use US issued debit card or credit card? I only need the cash to cover taxis between Le Moana and Viatepe.
No problem! There were two ATM's near the domestic side of the airport, right by the Mcdonalds. This would be the WEST end of the airport, or if you are standing in the parking lot looking into the airport, on your left hand side. There was also a small bank beside the ATM's, although it wasn't open when we were there. I used a Canadian Debit (which would be same as US) card with zero issues.

On a side note, we also stayed overnight at the Tahiti Airport Hotel. It was about a 3 minute walk through the parking lot, across the street, and up a driveway, which was steep but wasn't a big deal for two 30 year olds but would be for someone very out of shape. Clean, comfortable, and did the trick for a midnight arrival and 8am departure.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:56 pm

No problem! There were two ATM's near the domestic side of the airport, right by the Mcdonalds. This would be the WEST end of the airport, or if you are standing in the parking lot looking into the airport, on your left hand side. There was also a small bank beside the ATM's, although it wasn't open when we were there. I used a Canadian Debit (which would be same as US) card with zero issues.

On a side note, we also stayed overnight at the Tahiti Airport Hotel. It was about a 3 minute walk through the parking lot, across the street, and up a driveway, which was steep but wasn't a big deal for two 30 year olds but would be for someone very out of shape. Clean, comfortable, and did the trick for a midnight arrival and 8am departure.
Thanks for the detailed description! Really helpful.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:40 am

I have 4 nights beginning of march.
Anyone willing to trade for some nights in April/May?

Last edited by daruda; Jan 10, 2018 at 3:46 pm Reason: extra
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
(love them or hate them but) does anyone know what is the resorts policy on flying "drones"?

I don't have one yet but it would be pretty cool to take aerial shots when I am on the lagoon paddling away
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
(love them or hate them but) does anyone know what is the resorts policy on flying "drones"?

I don't have one yet but it would be pretty cool to take aerial shots when I am on the lagoon paddling away
It’s a big fat no. I was caught and received their policy when I was there. My wife wasn’t very happy. Just to fly a drone, you need to have a French pilots license, notify the Bora Bora airport, and stay below 150 meters. You can also receive a fine of 75k euro and up to a year in prison.

At the end of the policy, it states they do not allow it on their property.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Someone was flying one during our stay. Not only was it unbelievably annoying, i felt it to be a giant breach of my personal privacy. Staff were at the offender's villa within about 5 minutes to shut it down. 5 minutes too long, and I wished I had a bucket of rocks on my deck.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Staff were at the offender's villa within about 5 minutes to shut it down. 5 minutes too long, and I wished I had a bucket of rocks on my deck.
Must have been Corridor! *kidding*

Thanks for the information. Guess I will find a super long selfie stick between now and my return visit in two months time

Originally Posted by Corridor!
It’s a big fat no. I was caught and received their policy when I was there. My wife wasn’t very happy. Just to fly a drone, you need to have a French pilots license, notify the Bora Bora airport, and stay below 150 meters. You can also receive a fine of 75k euro and up to a year in prison.

At the end of the policy, it states they do not allow it on their property.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Club Carlson & Hilton HHonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by daruda
is it correct reward availability has been changed to only 4 months in advance?
I've noticed this too. Can anyone confirm?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:51 am

Also a small reminder that reward nights are going from 60k to 70k starting 16 January.
So those holding nights that they are not going to use, please release them before 16th so others can book them at 60k... :-)
Would be really friendly.
guppies, AaronD23 and STLBeerMan like this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 3:49 pm

I saw today that as of October 15, 2017, IC Thalasso has been added as a Virtuoso property. This is fantastic, as almost all Virtuoso rates match the BAR, and always include breakfast and an upgrade. If you are booking, make sure to do so through a Virtuoso agent. The only caveat is that there is often a large difference between non-refundable and fully flexible rates at this property, and I think Virtuoso only matches the fully flexible rate.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 5:36 am

last day 60k
If anyone is releasing nights, please let me know!
STLBeerMan likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by AaronD23
I've noticed this too. Can anyone confirm?
Why do you think it’s only 4 months?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:13 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Club Carlson & Hilton HHonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Corridor!

Why do you think it’s only 4 months?
Looking at the other properties under the same management (namely the IC Tahiti and Moorea), the nights are only available 4 months in advance (see reward nights availability calendar). I suspect they have done the same for the Bora Bora properties. This would mean that if someone releases reward nights, they would not become available to someone else if the booked dates are more than 4 months from now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.