Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by 336
These transfer charges are all a bit confusing to me.

Can someone with recent experience please clarify?

Boattransfer on a particular time schedule?

Cost per pax the same no matter at which time?

Cost per pax the same for Moana guest vs guest going to Thalasso to check in?

Possible to avoid the fee when staying in Moana before and/or after Thalasso stay?

Thanks
If you have already checked into the room, there are Free shuttles between Moana & Thalasso up until 2:15pm (see image below). Otherwise there is a fee of 2486 XPF per person.

This schedule was posted at the Thalasso dock as of 24 Oct 2017.

On 22 Oct 2017 around 1pm, I was charged the boat shuttle fee of 2486 XPF per person from Moana to Thalasso prior to checking into Thalasso (they ask for room number) and I also had luggage. I did not stay at Moana prior, but I'm guessing that doesnt matter and they charge everyone that isnt checked into either hotel at the time of taking the boat shuttle. So I don't think staying at Moana before or after Thalasso would help to avoid the shuttle fee.

On 23 Oct 2017 at 830pm, I was charged the fee of 2486 XPF per person from Moana to Thalasso (after dinner at St James) They again asked for room number to charge me.

Also, breakfast is offered at 50% at check-in if taken for all days at a price of 2250 XPF per person per day.
Transfer to the airport is 6780 XPF per person one way

I suggest to stay at the Conrad instead. They were way more appreciative and hospitable, and provided complimentary water and sodas, wine, fruit basket in room upon arrival. They also asked the purpose of our stay and gave us champagne for our honeymoon. They knew our names and all employees smiled and greeted us. Conrad has much better reef for snorkeling, whereas there's only a little bit at the lagoonairum by the Chapel at the Thalasso. At the Thalasso, they didnt really seem to care why we were there, the rooms were outdated (compared to the newly redone Conrad), and the overall resort feel was just not as good.

Last edited by stuntgoats; Oct 28, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Looking for award space openings from march 2018 to nov 2018. super flexible schedule but so hard to find any open up before they get taken.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:28 pm

Im staying here now. The transfer from/to the airport is 6780 xpf per person one way and you can pretty much chose how you want to arrive or depart. You can also transfer to Moana (for taxi to Vaitape or to go to another resort) on your way out for 2486 xpf one way even if its free otherwise (I was told this for my departure but i assume its the same for arrival). The shuttle from the airport goes into Vaitape and you still have to take a taxi down to Moana, while the airport shuttle will take you directly from the airport. Its really not worth it going through Moana, in my opinion.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by stuntgoats
I suggest to stay at the Conrad instead. They were way more appreciative and hospitable, and provided complimentary water and sodas, wine, fruit basket in room upon arrival. They also asked the purpose of our stay and gave us champagne for our honeymoon. They knew our names and all employees smiled and greeted us. Conrad has much better reef for snorkeling, whereas there's only a little bit at the lagoonairum by the Chapel at the Thalasso. At the Thalasso, they didnt really seem to care why we were there, the rooms were outdated (compared to the newly redone Conrad), and the overall resort feel was just not as good.
Yes, the Conrad is absolutely fantastic in every way, we loved it. It is also much easier to book on points. Of course Hilton points are harder to get than IHG points.

Does anyone know how to get from the Conrad to the Thalasso and vv. The Conrad airport shuttle goes past the Thalasso, can you ask them to drop you there?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer
Does anyone know how to get from the Conrad to the Thalasso and vv. The Conrad airport shuttle goes past the Thalasso, can you ask them to drop you there?
when I asked the staff at the Conrad how to get to the Thalasso they told me I had two options.

1. take the boat shuttle to the airport (I think around 6000 XPF per person) and then the IC shuttle from the airport to the Thalasso (6700 per person).
​​​
2. Take the boat shuttle from the Conrad to Vaitape at Robert Wan Pearl shop pier (1500 XPF per person RT), then taxi to IC Le Moana (2000 XPF) and boat from Le Moana to Thalasso (2480 XPF per person).

i took option two and was not charged any fee for the boat to Vaitape (also not charged any other time I took the boat to/from Vaitape <-> Conrad on their shuttles. Maybe this is a Diamond member perk??)

You might be able to get a different option though or tell the Conrad -> airport shuttle to drop you off at the Thalasso.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:43 pm

You could also pay for a private transfer from the Conrad to the Thalasso. We have used La Plage and love them.

https://www.laplage-borabora.com/
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:03 pm
Vay

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat.
Nov 17 is available if anyone is interested.

**GONE**

Last edited by Vay; Oct 30, 2017 at 10:54 pm Reason: Update on availability.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:53 am

Due to circumstances I won't be able to get to Bora Bora right now.

Additional content has been deleted
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Trading post will be deleted without further information.

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum

This also applies for asking for asking not for money

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum

Last edited by FLYGVA; Nov 1, 2017 at 7:31 pm
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, the Conrad is .... It is also much easier to book on points. ..
it is not - there is not a single date available
(there was a brief moment before they reopened when they opened availability but never since)

Last edited by FLYGVA; Nov 1, 2017 at 7:27 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by azepine00
Yes, the Conrad is .... It is also much easier to book on points. ..
it is not - there is not a single date available
(there was a brief moment before they reopened when they opened availability but never since)
You have to book one year in advance, of course, just like the Thalasso.

Just recently I booked one week at the Conrad on points and it was no problem at all. The Conrad seems to be releasing at least 2 rooms on points, while the Thalasso releases only one room, which is usually gone in a few minutes (quite often seconds) after release. The Conrad is bookable much longer after release of the rooms, hence much easier to book on points.

Currently 8 nights available for booking on points at the Conrad...

Last edited by FLYGVA; Nov 1, 2017 at 7:27 pm Reason: Added number of available nights. // repaired quoted quote
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by dljuna
looks like my room did not go back into inventory. any advice on how to rebook my reservation? I have IHG looking into it.
update on my cancel / swap for chase free night cert. my canceled night did not go back into inventory. im here now and i check this morning and they put it back into inventory, i did eventually rebook, but not till after i made other reservations that i now cannot get a refund for. so if you try this cancel / swap method, there are definitely risks involved. i eventually got lucky, but it cost me.

one more dp i will add, i had 2 reservations, a 3 night and a 1 night for 4 nights total. i canceled the 1 night reservation that didnt go back into inventory. would the rooms have gone back to inventory if i canceled the 3 night? not sure, but just another dp.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:12 pm

update on my cancel / swap for chase free night cert. my canceled night did not go back into inventory. im here now and i check this morning and they put it back into inventory, i did eventually rebook, but not till after i made other reservations that i now cannot get a refund for. so if you try this cancel / swap method, there are definitely risks involved. i eventually got lucky, but it cost me.

one more dp i will add, i had 2 reservations, a 3 night and a 1 night for 4 nights total. i canceled the 1 night reservation that didnt go back into inventory. would the rooms have gone back to inventory if i canceled the 3 night? not sure, but just another dp.
Sorry to hear that you weren’t able to get the night back. Thank you for the update.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:47 pm

update on my cancel / swap for chase free night cert. my canceled night did not go back into inventory. im here now and i check this morning and they put it back into inventory, i did eventually rebook.
Was this the November 7 night that became available about 7h ago?
If so, I didn't know you can cancel them on such short notice. I thought Thalasso has a 7 day cancellation policy?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 4:56 pm

Was this the November 7 night that became available about 7h ago?
If so, I didn't know you can cancel them on such short notice. I thought Thalasso has a 7 day cancellation policy?
Yes. I cancelled this night about 2 weeks ago, and it just popped back up into inventory this morning.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Is there a duty free on arrival at PPT? If so how does selection / pricing compare to LAX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.