Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by 336
Whereas I can understand your frustration, publishing a how to guide will not contribute in any way to your goal. In fact, you are more likely to achieve the opposite result.

The world is not fair. However, as you found out, with persistence you can still book.

The bottleneck is the number of people trying. If you want to promote booking with a how to guide, the number of people trying will go up dramatically. The number of people that are successful will stay either way the same. You only would have created a bigger market for the clever, unethical salesmen, who will find a way to book even before the others, and you would give them an even larger, more desperate market to operate in.

Please consider your actions and outcomes beforehand. Don't just go around on a demolition tour because you were able to take what you needed, but are unhappy with how predators prey on what is wanted by many.
Agreed! Anyone who really really wants nights can get them. I know it took me multiple weekends just to put the information that is already on here together in order to figure out the steps in order to have a chance to book nights. The issue here is that people get on here and claim they cant get nights for an extended period of time, yet the probably haven't spent the time trying to actually figure out the logic to get the nights. The thought that this place should be as easy to book as the local holiday inn is just being unrealistic, and another reason why most believe that today's generation feel as things should just be handed to them on a silver platter.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:47 am

Watching this thread...hoping to figure out how to book several nights in 2018. Booking for a friend who would NEVER get to go without the help of points. He has 2 free certs and 160k points, plus some UR points he could move. Hoping to learn the tricks and book something in 2018 - any week, doesn't matter.
gohogs34 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by AaronD23
What I would do in your case is book a flexible rate with money (one booking per night) and set up an alert on Hotel Hustle for the nights you need (one alert per night). That way you'll get an alert if award space opens up and you can cancel your booked night if it does.
Any tips on booking when award space is first released won't help you at all. You would have had to book in June this year.
Yep I've been trying since February, checking a few times a day. Originally we had flexible dates, anywhere from March-June. We had hotel hustle alerts on every day in March, April, May, and June. I got one e-mail alert in March and never received one again. So I gave up on using hotel hustle and stopped paying. Not sure why we've had such bad luck; been putting in leg work for a while, but I guess not enough.

Once we got into June we couldn't wait anymore and booked the rest of our trip in May. I tried the day they should have been released in June and wasn't successful.

Thanks for tips though, appreciate it.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:21 pm

Will gladly post screenshots of your messages. I don't believe for a second you had other "offers" - you were trying to shake me down, just glad I didn't take the bait. You sir are a hypocrite in the most exact sense of the word.

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I got multiple replies stating that those people were willing to pay so I asked you if you still wanted it at that price. It was not something that I initially planned. In fact, I have donated 2 nights to a flyertalk member for free in the past and I demanded nothing.

Also, those nights you are talking about are dates that I wanted to go and I was thinking about switching travel dates. So I had an intent to use those nights. It was not like booking random nights and selling those to somebody.

Lastly, I dealt with you only once. Your statement sounds like I was trying to sell you nights more than once. That is not correct.
alanslegal likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Club Carlson & Hilton HHonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by waygora
Yep I've been trying since February, checking a few times a day. Originally we had flexible dates, anywhere from March-June. We had hotel hustle alerts on every day in March, April, May, and June. I got one e-mail alert in March and never received one again. So I gave up on using hotel hustle and stopped paying. Not sure why we've had such bad luck; been putting in leg work for a while, but I guess not enough.

Once we got into June we couldn't wait anymore and booked the rest of our trip in May. I tried the day they should have been released in June and wasn't successful.

Thanks for tips though, appreciate it.
The Hotel Hustle e-mail alert is free, only for the text/sms service they charge you. It will not send you an alert on the day it becomes available, because as soon as reward nights are available, they are booked by someone (literally seconds after they become available).
Hotel Hustle is more useful for this hotel the closer you're getting to travel dates. As your travel dates approach, the chance of reward space opening up increases.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:21 am

share the love

^
Originally Posted by RVKidz
Watching this thread...hoping to figure out how to book several nights in 2018. Booking for a friend who would NEVER get to go without the help of points. He has 2 free certs and 160k points, plus some UR points he could move. Hoping to learn the tricks and book something in 2018 - any week, doesn't matter.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
How about publicly shaming and calling out those trying to sell their nights?

lincoln boy on numerous occasions solicited cash from me for nights he never intended on using.
If that is true, shame on you
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Does anyone have September 13-14? Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:38 am

Still looking for Aug 24-25 and 27-28. I have nights to trade. Contact me through PM.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Any recent experiences using the Ambassador weekend BOGO? Any issue getting a further upgrade since it's a cash stay but one night is free?

Ideally looking to book the Diamond and turn it into either Diamond Otemanu view or Pool Overwater Villa.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Re: a "fee" of $125 to book someone's hotel room using their own points - this is not totally outlandish. There are many point bloggers who charge $125+ to use your own points (the paying customers points) to book flights. So if someone has "the magic bullet" so to speak and a client wants to pay $125/night for someone's services to book the room, what is the issue?

The first time I wanted to redeem points on a complex itinerary I did reach out to a blogger and paid $250 (one tix for me and one for my wife) for roundtrip business class fare to Argentina with a stopover in Panama on very specific dates. Over the years I've read enough and now I can book my own trips.

Not sure why this is considered a "shake down". It is a service someone is offering. Now if they book on spec and want to sell their reservation, that is a bit disingenuous. All IHG needs to do is rework some of their terms to put restrictions on cancellation of certain award nights at certain properties but honestly this is 1-2 properties out of 1,000's and I really doubt it is on their to do list.

Best of luck everyone - I got 3 nights at Le Moana, and I'll pay to upgrade to OWB and sleep fine at night. I have some alerts set up for Thalasso because if I can save some cash sure but if I am flying half way around the world and I need to pay a few bux for an upgrade I'll do it.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by eggzlot
Now if they book on spec and want to sell their reservation, that is a bit disingenuous.
That is what they are doing. No "service" involved.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
@AaronD23 - I was referring to this quote:

Originally Posted by cce5858
DUflyer solicited $125 a night from me to book using my own points. Someone else also offered me an unsolicited offer at a later time, but I have deleted the message and cannot find it.

This is a message from DUflyer:

"If you want I can book any number of consecutive reward nights for you using your points for $125 per consecutive night. I have a 100% success rate at the Thalasso"
To me that sounds like Duflyer is saying "I'll charge you a fee to use my services to book you a room" not "I have a room on the dates you want, pay me to swap them to you".

Again I could be wrong but "point booking services" are all over the net for booking flights with points/miles, so why shouldn't someone offer that service to book hard to get hotel rooms?

Flyertalk has a thread dedicated to such services: Award booking services - a list and some reviews
Buzzman likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by Marco159
If that is true, shame on you
Think the mods should step in here and ban a couple people who have been dealing with these nights for cash... don't seem like the thing that should go on in this community... does it?
alanslegal likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:35 am

I agree on considering the service of booking someone's nights legitimate. The problem I have with it is the amount charged. I was offered I think something like $250/night to book using my own points. Even if someone has the magic trick to getting nights booked it would not take more than 30 minutes of your time. If you want a minimum of 3 nights you are paying someone $1500 per hour? Seems outlandish. If it was a nominal fee such as $50 per booking, not per night, I wouldn't have any problem with it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.