Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:52 am

wow! 7/1-7/2 (2 nights), 9/5-9/7 (3 nights!!), and 4/6/2018 are available!

Last edited by lincoln boy; Jun 26, 2017 at 8:01 am
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:55 am

deleted

Last edited by lincoln boy; Oct 3, 2017 at 12:51 pm
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
wow! 7/1-7/2 (2 nights), 9/5-9/7 (3 nights!!), and 4/6/2018 are available!
Now 6/30 as well. Hopefully someone will be able to tie those three nights together for this weekend ^
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:28 am

Here's the question.

A person A has reservations on 1/1/2018 and 3/1/2018 at Thalasso and wants to trade 3/1/2018 reservation for either 12/31/2017 or 1/2/2018 to make it 2 consecutive nights at Thalasso.

A person B has a 2/1/2018 reservation at Thalasso and is interested in the person'A's 3/1/2018 because the date works better for the person B. But the person B can't offer 12/31/2017 or 1/2/2018.

A person C has 1/2/2018 reservation at Thalasso and is interested in 2/1/2018 at Thalasso that the person B has. But the person C does not have the dates that the person A is interested in. Therefore, the person C can't get 2/1/2018 from the person A.

In this situation, nobody wins.
But it could work out to make everybody happy if trading is coordinated properly. For example, it's relatively easy to make everyone happy.

1) The person B gives 2/1/2018 reservation to the person C.
2) The person C gives 1/2/2018 reservation to the person B in response to 1)
3) The person B trades 1/2/2018 for 3/1/2018 with the person A
4) In the end, everybody has the dates that he or she desires

Does anybody have experience on this? If we can do this efficiently, we don't let reward nights unused and more people get to go to Bora Bora!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:22 am

Does anybody have experience on this? If we can do this efficiently, we don't let reward nights unused and more people get to go to Bora Bora!
No experience on a 3 person coordinated releases but have experienced 2 person releases.

Guessing 10% of rewards awards held by FTers.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Lately it has been reported that rooms released have not shown back up in inventory immediately, if at all.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Lately it has been reported that rooms released have not shown back up in inventory immediately, if at all.

DP: I cancelled one night at thalasso yesterday and it came back into the inventory right away. I also had to cancel and rebook Le Moana reward nights last month and those also showed up right away.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:16 pm

Here's the question.

A person A has reservations on 1/1/2018 and 3/1/2018 at Thalasso and wants to trade 3/1/2018 reservation for either 12/31/2017 or 1/2/2018 to make it 2 consecutive nights at Thalasso.
Person A is a jerk for having two nights that far apart and is likely holding one (or two nights) hostage for trade. Sure, there's the possibility of flexible plans and trying to string together consecutive nights around either of those days, or the intent to hold and release the award night via trade or not to someone from the flyertalk community.

​ It's been said before, either way IHG is winning and we're helping them when reward nights get held onto and released 'last minute' and end up being unused.

reward nights get released back into inventory almost instantly and are available to anyone who happens to be searching at that time, but a three-way trade is possible.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by stuntgoats
Person A is a jerk for having two nights that far apart and is likely holding one (or two nights) hostage for trade. Sure, there's the possibility of flexible plans and trying to string together consecutive nights around either of those days, or the intent to hold and release the award night via trade or not to someone from the flyertalk community.

​ It's been said before, either way IHG is winning and we're helping them when reward nights get held onto and released 'last minute' and end up being unused.

reward nights get released back into inventory almost instantly and are available to anyone who happens to be searching at that time, but a three-way trade is possible.

My question to you would be how would you handle if you have one night reservation at Thalasso, want to stay longer at Thalasso (e.g., 3 nights or more), and see a reward night (or 2 consecutive dates) available on dates you are not going to be in BOB?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:23 pm

My question to you would be how would you handle if you have one night reservation at Thalasso, want to stay longer at Thalasso (e.g., 3 nights or more), and see a reward night (or 2 consecutive dates) available on dates you are not going to be in BOB?
I suggest to work a trade or just release night(s) to someone that is actually going to use them.
I get that people can be flexible with travel plans and the goal is to get consecutive reward nights. I personally don't book nights at hotels unless I plan on staying there. I suggest others do the same. I guess we could all get together and book every reward night possible to save for the flyertalk community, but that would probably get ugly.

I did book a single reward night at Thalasso for December 2017, then I was able to get consecutive nights on points at the Conrad Bora Bora in October 2017. At that point, I focused on planning a trip for October, found and booked flights on miles and advertised a trade on flyertalk for my December night at Thalasso for an October night. I coordinated a release for the December night, without a trade. I continued my search multiple times a day for reward nights in October and gave up and booked with UR points instead, albeit a 'poor' redemption.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by stuntgoats
I suggest to work a trade or just release night(s) to someone that is actually going to use them.
I get that people can be flexible with travel plans and the goal is to get consecutive reward nights. I personally don't book nights at hotels unless I plan on staying there. I suggest others do the same. I guess we could all get together and book every reward night possible to save for the flyertalk community, but that would probably get ugly.

I did book a single reward night at Thalasso for December 2017, then I was able to get consecutive nights on points at the Conrad Bora Bora in October 2017. At that point, I focused on planning a trip for October, found and booked flights on miles and advertised a trade on flyertalk for my December night at Thalasso for an October night. I coordinated a release for the December night, without a trade. I continued my search multiple times a day for reward nights in October and gave up and booked with UR points instead, albeit a 'poor' redemption.

Thank you for the response stuntgoats!
It is getting harder to book a reward night at both Thalasso and Le Moana nowadays and I think since it is getting more and more difficult, people who successfully booked a reward night at Thalasso want to stay longer so badly (assuming that people travel to BOB from US or Europe so 1 night at Thalasso is not enough incentive to drop $$ to visit BOB) and try to reserve more nights at Thalasso.

Anyway, it's unfortunate that you had to use UR points to pay for the stay but many people (including myself) don't have enough UR or Hilton points to even look for other hotels or other ways to pay for IC Thalasso. Of course, spending $$ is another way to pay for it but I'm sure those people don't care about booking IC Thalasso with points.

I just wish that there was a way to more efficiently trade reward night(s) on flyertalk. Even three-way trading is difficult.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
In hindsight I would say you just have to book your trip one year in advance. Then flights and hotels are all easily available for points.

Everything else is a waste of time and effort. To rely on someone releasing the dates you want or trading with you just doesn't seem to work in most cases and you have to be very lucky.

I booked my upcoming trip 6 months in advance because five consecutive days were available in Bora Bora, Moorea was wide open and flights were available too. So I fixed my dates, booked the flights and the last six months I was juggling with how to distribute my time between the hotels.

Since then not a single night became available at the Thalasso nor the Moana during the time I will be there, despite very closely monitoring availability using some tools I wrote. Since my trip includes Hilton hotels I will have to fix my trip two weeks in advance due to the cancellation deadlines and any last minute availability of the ICs will be useless for me. I am now staying elsewhere and am actually very happy with my selection of hotels.

One "advantage" this whole exercise had is that I am now probably one of the world leading experts in finding reward availability at the Thalasso and the Moana.
I will have a look at both hotels when I'm there and if they turn out to be nicer than where I am staying, I will book my next trip a year in advance and relax.

I think anyone who blocks individual nights without having their flights fixed, hoping more nights will become available, is just wasting their time and making it harder for others to get the nights they want.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer
One "advantage" this whole exercise had is that I am now probably one of the world leading experts in finding reward availability at the Thalasso and the Moana.
Awesome. Please don't share your secrets publicly...it will only make it much harder for everyone.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Troopers
Awesome. Please don't share your secrets publicly...it will only make it much harder for everyone.
You mean much harder for everyone who knows the "secrets"?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer
In hindsight I would say you just have to book your trip one year in advance. Then flights and hotels are all easily available for points.

Everything else is a waste of time and effort.
I can confirm that this is true. This has been a project for me since fall 2015 when I proposed to my girlfriend. I was able to book my stay for next month back in July 2016 during some late nights and a lot of time hitting refresh on my browser.

I do not believe that Thalasso is ever "easily available" on points. I have been monitoring closely since last summer using tools that I coded. Immediately after I confirmed my Thalasso nights, I booked business class flights on Air Tahiti Nui. Then I kept searching Le Moana and tagged on the extra days to extend our stay. There was wide open availability at Le Moana a couple times during last year and it was pointed out in this very forum.

You could say I am also one of the world's leading experts on Thalasso availability but it took a lot of dedication and a certain level of obsession to get there. My wife used to complain, but now that we're going she can't stop talking about how excited she is for the trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.