Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by zig2
We were charged for the fee only for the departure day, but not the first 2 days.

Yes we also got the 6000xpf per day credit. However they were not applied automatically at check-out and we had to ask explicitly.
Hi Zig2

For the 6000xpf compensation for the construction, do we ask them at check in? is there a timeline for this? I will stay there in 3 week, so I am not sure if I still eligible for the compensation?

Also from now on if there anyone stay at Le Moan and you need to tranffer over to the other resort, they will charge you a fee for EACH person. It does not matter if there is FREE boat ride around 2am, just a head up guys!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by newdaybegin
Hi Zig2

For the 6000xpf compensation for the construction, do we ask them at check in? is there a timeline for this? I will stay there in 3 week, so I am not sure if I still eligible for the compensation?

Also from now on if there anyone stay at Le Moan and you need to tranffer over to the other resort, they will charge you a fee for EACH person. It does not matter if there is FREE boat ride around 2am, just a head up guys!
Will they charge transfer fee per person from Le Moana-Thalasso on arrival day from airport? I plan to take a taxi to town so I can purchase supplies and then go to Le Moana to catch the boat to Thalasso, which is where we're staying.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Hi Zig2

They provided that to us without asking. And stated that it was per-day except the departure day.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Jay76
Will they charge transfer fee per person from Le Moana-Thalasso on arrival day from airport? I plan to take a taxi to town so I can purchase supplies and then go to Le Moana to catch the boat to Thalasso, which is where we're staying.
No. There was only a 24xx xpf charge per person we got on the statement.

Last edited by zig2; Apr 10, 2017 at 4:41 pm Reason: got the wrong number
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:15 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Jay76
Anyone has June 3,4 2017 booked and are planning to cancel? Please, please let me know before releasing to inventory. I know a lot of people book the dates and then cancel as the date gets closer and for some reason they can't make it. -Thank you
I got different quote from IC thalasso. I told them we will take taxi to moana resort and then water shuttle to IC. I was told by IC that we will be charged 2486XPF per person one way since it is part of check in transfer. Also, since one of my kid is 13 year old, IC thaalasso emailed me that they consider kid from 12 year old as adult and so we have to book another room,since one of my two kids is considered adult. Have anyone experienced this? I am very frustrated.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by suying
I got different quote from IC thalasso. I told them we will take taxi to moana resort and then water shuttle to IC. I was told by IC that we will be charged 2486XPF per person one way since it is part of check in transfer. Also, since one of my kid is 13 year old, IC thaalasso emailed me that they consider kid from 12 year old as adult and so we have to book another room,since one of my two kids is considered adult. Have anyone experienced this? I am very frustrated.
Here is the direct response from them when I email them earlier, also they now only allow 2 adult per room which in the past was 4 people. So they make a lot of change lately.

please see enclosed our boat schedule to see how often it runs. Note that this transfer will be charged 2,486 xpf per person, even if it is listed as s free one on the boat schedule.

Please accept our sincerest apologies, since the end of last year, the Head Office have decide that all guests using our boat shuttles for check in and check out will be charged. I am in the totally unfortunate regret to let you know about this.

Last edited by newdaybegin; Apr 10, 2017 at 5:15 pm
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
They should/will be proactive and advise you at check-in of your credit. You will be eligible for it if you are travelling in three weeks.

Construction compensation credit ends 30 June 2017, see

http://thalasso.intercontinental.com/renovationstatus

Last edited by alanslegal; Apr 10, 2017 at 5:59 pm Reason: confirmed end date
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by suying
Also, since one of my kid is 13 year old, IC thaalasso emailed me that they consider kid from 12 year old as adult and so we have to book another room,since one of my two kids is considered adult. Have anyone experienced this? I am very frustrated.
I recognized that as well. In total, you are traveling as family of 4 persons? Or 3 persons? I am wondering if theres additional charge for kids <12 years?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Marco159
I recognized that as well. In total, you are traveling as family of 4 persons? Or 3 persons? I am wondering if theres additional charge for kids <12 years?
I doubt they will ID your child
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I don't know about children but they asked for both our IDs and our signatures.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Don't they ask for passports on check-in?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:40 pm

Trade?

I have April 30 2017 booked for one night if anyone has a later date they can trade. I would ideally like a date in mid November but will take anything later than April 30.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by MileHighBug
I have April 30 2017 booked for one night if anyone has a later date they can trade. I would ideally like a date in mid November but will take anything later than April 30.
April 30 was bookable for the last 48h or so, which means you probably just booked it.

Are you flying to Bora Bora for a night just because someone offers you May 5 instead? Or if May 1 was available you would be happy and not offer a trade?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by DUflyer
April 30 was bookable for the last 48h or so, which means you probably just booked it.

Are you flying to Bora Bora for a night just because someone offers you May 5 instead? Or if May 1 was available you would be happy and not offer a trade?
I would ideally like to add a couple of days to my reservation, any time later in the year, even if I have to do it one night at a time and trade again. For example if someone gave me June 1 now, I'd try to get May 30 or June 2 between now and the cancellation date, and then have two nights to trade for later in the year, etc.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:58 am

I think IHG/hotel loves this game.

So many people are blocking single/speculative nights with the dream of making a Tahiti holiday out of it.

In the end the night switches hands a lot, but no one finally stays on points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.