Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Re: Piling Works

Has anyone stayed at the resort over the past week and noticed what (if any) works have started and how that has affected the ambience from a noise and visual perspective?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 7:21 am

I woke up this morning to an opening in June next year after 10 yrs of gathering points and 7 months of trying to find booking (I still can't believe it). Then I used my Ambassador certificate and finally (after SO long) I'm good to go. I feel like I'm still dreaming really.. Using rest of my points to book in Moorea. Goodness.. this was so exhausting!
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:02 am

Congratulations, glad it worked out for you. I have several nights booked at Le Moana in August 2017 but still have hope I will be able to trade and pick up a couple of thalasso nights.

One of my free night certificates is set to expire in April 2017, has anyone had any luck with reserving a night with a certificate that will be expired by the time the stay would take place? I will keep the card so I would have a new certificate in time for the stay. Or has anyone had any luck getting an extension on the certificate? I searched this thread but have not had any luck. Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Piling works:
Our friends stayed the last few days at the Thalasso on points. They were given a end-of-ponton bungalow, because these are the nearest to the piling works. (that´s what I suppose)
The piling works are done by a boat, which is moving around. The noise is a bit disturbing, but not hearable the whole day, somtimes only 30 minutes/day.
As a compensation they got a 6000 XPF/daily credit for Food and Beverage, which they were very happy about!
So they didn´t mind the noise at all, they rather enjoyed the compensation. I think the piling works are no reason to cancel an upcoming stay.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
Piling works:
Our friends stayed the last few days at the Thalasso on points. They were given a end-of-ponton bungalow, because these are the nearest to the piling works. (that´s what I suppose)
The piling works are done by a boat, which is moving around. The noise is a bit disturbing, but not hearable the whole day, somtimes only 30 minutes/day.
As a compensation they got a 6000 XPF/daily credit for Food and Beverage, which they were very happy about!
So they didn´t mind the noise at all, they rather enjoyed the compensation. I think the piling works are no reason to cancel an upcoming stay.
thanks a lot. pics would be amazing!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 4:08 pm

We were there just when the work began(sep 1-7th). The work wasn't at all disturbing when we were there and didn't have any impact on our stay. Minimal sound and The 6000xpf per day f & b credit is rather nice, but they omit to tell you about it specifically .we only found out at checkout , and on the days when we were away on excursions etc. we missed out on it .i spoke to another couple about it and apparently they weren't informed about it either. i wouldn't cancel an upcoming stay due to construction , just make sure you utilize the credit to the fullest have an extra dessert!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Thanks for the update re: piling works and 6,000 XPF daily f&b credit.
I think I asked this before but how are the restaurant facilities there / costings - is it worth going for half board or better to just pay as you go each day?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:31 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Not sure if all guests get the 6000Xpf credit or only the ones near to the piling works...
I got a video of the piling works with sound, if anyone is interested please send me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you.

Last edited by tom-schmitt; Sep 16, 2016 at 6:39 am
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:26 pm

I think all guests get the credit irrespective of whether they are near the piling works or not.The restaurants are a bit pricey , but not unusually so, I think mains would be around 30-40$ ,a meal for 2( excluding drinks )would be around 100$. The issue would be variety, they have a small menu and 2 restaurants so you may get rather fed up of eating the same stuff after a few days . Breakfast is decent, but definitely not great.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:31 pm

And I must mention, they have an ice cream spot next to the sport area by the lagoon,where you can get 3 scoops for about 15$😬 or 1 scoop for $9.In my view, the best use of the credit would be to take the 50% off breakfast deal for your stay and then apply 4000xpf ( breakfast for 2 )of the credit towards that, and maybe spend the rest on drinks or ice cream? I would rather pay as I go than take the half board option.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
great thanks. would be good if you can find out the price of the Air Tahiti flights (if not, then someone who visit sooner pls do us this favor)

i m visiting FP myself ... but not until next year
The flights are definitely cheaper when you are in French Polynesia, can't remember exactly by how much. When you open the air Tahiti site there it automatically takes you to the local site with cheaper prices.From the Us you automatically get the .com or .fr sites with the higher prices.
Finding a Vpn would be very difficult,no one seems to have succeeded at it yet.
If you are in Tahiti for a few days before moving on to the other islands I suppose you could hold off on booking flights until you are in Fp, but could be a gamble, your preferred dates/times of flights may be sold out etc
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by schilpa
The flights are definitely cheaper when you are in French Polynesia, can't remember exactly by how much. When you open the air Tahiti site there it automatically takes you to the local site with cheaper prices.From the Us you automatically get the .com or .fr sites with the higher prices.
If you are in Tahiti for a few days before moving on to the other islands I suppose you could hold off on booking flights until you are in Fp, but could be a gamble, your preferred dates/times of flights may be sold out etc
Also, buying the cheaper fare within FP codes the tickets as "local" so you only get 1 suitcase of 10kg as your luggage allowance vs the higher fares
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:15 pm

Also, buying the cheaper fare within FP codes the tickets as "local" so you only get 1 suitcase of 10kg as your luggage allowance vs the higher fares

thanks for the info. 10 kg wouldnt work in my case then

i just bit the bullet and purchase the tix. around 372 usd for ppt-bob RT...
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
thanks for the info. 10 kg wouldnt work in my case then

i just bit the bullet and purchase the tix. around 372 usd for ppt-bob RT...
yes,the inter island flights are awfully expensive . Enjoy your vacation! Let me know If you have any other questions.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 9:13 pm

May 12-13 available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.