Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Two questions please.. 1) Is it possible to use the chase annual free night reward to book the OW bugalow? We have ours expiring in Feb. 2) Does anyone June/July 2015 to nights to release, that would be highly appreciated.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by FT-hss
Two questions please.. 1) Is it possible to use the chase annual free night reward to book the OW bugalow? We have ours expiring in Feb. 2) Does anyone June/July 2015 to nights to release, that would be highly appreciated.
1) yes it is possible, if there is availability. 2) not sure if youre asking if anyone is releasing dates or want to know when those dates are released yet. If the latter, the dates have been released and appears to be all booked
Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:28 pm

Does anyone know the room "DIAMOND OTEMANU END OF PONTOON VIEW STE"?

I was trying to book rooms with Thalasso for July 2015, and I saw the price is weird.

Emerald - 110,902
DIAMOND OTEMANU END OF PONTOON VIEW STE - 117,961
Sapphire - 120,621
Diamond - 128,575
Diamond Otemanu - 143,381

Based on the name, I though the room "DIAMOND OTEMANU END OF PONTOON VIEW STE" should be more expensive than Diamond Otemanu, but it's even cheaper than Sapphire. Though it didn't say overwater in the name, but in it's description, it does say it's overwater villa.

And only this room does not have photo, while all other have. And I cannot find this room type in other OTA website.

So do you guys know this room? Why this room is cheaper? Is there any downside?

Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by Lovevas
Does anyone know the room "DIAMOND OTEMANU END OF PONTOON VIEW STE"?

I was trying to book rooms with Thalasso for July 2015, and I saw the price is weird.

Emerald - 110,902
DIAMOND OTEMANU END OF PONTOON VIEW STE - 117,961
Sapphire - 120,621
Diamond - 128,575
Diamond Otemanu - 143,381

Based on the name, I though the room "DIAMOND OTEMANU END OF PONTOON VIEW STE" should be more expensive than Diamond Otemanu, but it's even cheaper than Sapphire. Though it didn't say overwater in the name, but in it's description, it does say it's overwater villa.

And only this room does not have photo, while all other have. And I cannot find this room type in other OTA website.

So do you guys know this room? Why this room is cheaper? Is there any downside?

Thanks!
As the name of this room type indicates, it locates at the end of pontoon and therefore there are four of them in IC Thalasso.

Personally I prefer Diamond Otemanu more than Diamond end of pontoon (EOP) because from EOP you can't see Mt. Otemanu from your villa's bedroom, and water is much deeper than where at Diamond Otemanu. However, I do know some people prefer EOP because it offers more privacy.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:14 am

AMB benefit on BOGO?

I was wonder if the AMB benefit apply on BOGO stay? I know AMB benefit such as upgrade late checkout do not apply on reward nights, but how about the on the free night of the BOGO stay? Thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by windonwaters
I was wonder if the AMB benefit apply on BOGO stay? I know AMB benefit such as upgrade late checkout do not apply on reward nights, but how about the on the free night of the BOGO stay? Thanks.
On the contrary, it seems that most of the time, they will gauge your checkout time in conjunction with your flight time and the transfer. They do not honor the upgrade as a policy for anyone, including RA's, as I was just there and got a notice to that affect, although they might do the UG voluntarily as a matter of courtesy.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by lewende
As the name of this room type indicates, it locates at the end of pontoon and therefore there are four of them in IC Thalasso.

Personally I prefer Diamond Otemanu more than Diamond end of pontoon (EOP) because from EOP you can't see Mt. Otemanu from your villa's bedroom, and water is much deeper than where at Diamond Otemanu. However, I do know some people prefer EOP because it offers more privacy.
Thanks for your response. That's helpful! I will ask the hotel if I could get upgrade to regular diamond otemanu as a PA.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:35 pm

I am planning to pay 15,000 xpf+14% taxes to upgrade my emerald (award) owb to a sapphire owb. Is upgrading worth the price?

Also, which sapphire owb room should I request for? Aka is the best bargain (best view)?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I'm staying at Thalasso at this moment. I asked about the upgrade cost and I was told that even if I'm using rewards points for my stay (as Ambassador), they will upgrade as long there is availability , but if I want to guarantee a room upgrade, then I have to pay. Besides, I got my fruit platter, in room water (I think if for everybody), late check out and a gift.

In the other hand, Le Moana told me that my Ambassador benefit does not apply when I use rewards points. Probably that's why they have a lot of availably for rewards points, since they don't offer OWB as a base and they don't even do complimentary upgrades.

Last edited by fedechat; Jan 4, 2015 at 12:07 am
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:09 am

Thanks for the input.

I am staying 6 (award) nights in end of June. I assume that is peak season for them... but has anyone stayed in June and can advise if it is indeed very packed/busy or not so much. I want to gauge my chances of getting upgraded. Also, any experience of getting upgraded if you sign up for Ambassador status at check-in. I am Plat Amb, but would not mind paying that $200 to get my gf signed up to get an upgrade!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:52 pm

When you paid for Amabassador, you get the Plat Amb (if you have their cc). Regarding the upgrade, you can check few weeks before to see what is available for the best rate on each cat. All OWB are the same, the only difference is the location/view, I'm staying on a Sapphire with a partial few to the Mount (full view from the balcony), anyway, we are spending more time on beach that on the Bungalow.

Last edited by fedechat; Jan 4, 2015 at 12:07 am
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, Marriott Silver
Really looking forward to our IC Thalasso stay later this month.

It sounds like they thankfully provide umbrellas if it rains. Do they provide travel plug adapters for your electronics? We're coming from the U.S.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by cloisterman
Do they provide travel plug adapters for your electronics? We're coming from the U.S.
Yes-- they have them at the front desk. We witnessed a couple get shot down asking for a second one. There really is no reason not to bring your own, though. They're pretty cheap and eliminate a lot of potential headache on your vacation.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:10 am

EDIT: Today I got a complimentary upgrade to OWB Horizon (2 tier upgrade) at Le Moana. I know this is a IC Thalasso thread, but in case you don't find any availability at Thalasso, Le Moana still a great choice, besides, there is a nice breeze from the balcony, even in summer time.

EDIT, it was not a complimentary upgrade...

Last edited by fedechat; Jan 5, 2015 at 2:58 pm
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by fedechat
EDIT: Today I got a complimentary upgrade to OWB Horizon (2 tier upgrade) at Le Moana. I know this is a IC Thalasso thread, but in case you don't find any availability at Thalasso, Le Moana still a great choice, besides, there is a nice breeze from the balcony, even in summer time.
I assume this was a rewards stay? Are you Plat AMB?
I have 2 nights at Le Moana in June booked with points. I am Plat AMB. Given that it's high season, I'd be surprised to get the upgrade... which is fine with me. I have 3 nights at Thalasso immediately afterward.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.