Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2007, 9:51 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by thehaloboy
Well, well, well... got a reply back from Ambassador, to say:

"Mr Justins, we are very sorry for issues you have had regarding the New Years Eve Dinner at the Thalasso Resort and Spa Bora Bora.

This has been a large miscommunication from the hotel to you, as the dinner is included in the cost of your hotel stay for New Years Eve, which is why that rate was higher than other nights.

I am sorry the Thalasso implied that you would be required to pay another $1000.00 AUD for this dinner.

Please be rest assured that this IS included, and no more expenses are required to be paid for by yourself.

Rose"

Anyway, all that stress for nothing, as that is the reason that night is more $$$ already, as it is included, and not added on.

The cost of $1000 per couple is if anyone NOT staying at the resort wants to purchase the meal, where all people staying have already paid for it...

Thank goodness!!
Makes a lot more sense now
Old Aug 31, 2007, 9:31 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Thumbs down IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

I posted recently that there were no award room available at IC Thalasso for all of next year. Well, they seem to have released award rooms again, however, the bad news is that they have introduced a new room category at the hotel which is now offered as award rooms and does not include an OW Bungalow:

2 BEDROOMS FAMILY SUITE CORAL
VILLA WITH GARDEN VIEW 2 BEDROOMS WITH A KING BED AND 2 SINGLE BEDS LIVING ROOM TERRACE HIGH SPEED INTERNET 100 SQM FLAT SCREEN TV DVD PLAYER CEILING FAN AIRCON ESPRESSO MACHINE MINIBAR DIRECT DIAL PHONES SAFE BOX ROLLAWAY BED AVAILABLE AT CHARGE

When we were in BB 1earlier this year I'm pretty sure that they were using these rooms as staff accomodation. They are located next to the path on the way to the jetty on the back of the resort (no water views) in small 1-level brick houses. They looked nice for staff from the outside but will not give you any of the real BB feeling. I'm also sure that hardly anyone would want to stay in a 2-Bedroom villa at this property because it caters largely for honeymooners and couples who seek to getaway to a quiet location.

I cannot say for sure but to me it looks like they might have created this room category simply to accomodate people on award stays. The Suite itself sells for exactly the same price as their lowest category OW bungalow but it's a totally different experience. I also wouldn't be surprised if all they had was one or two of those suites (their website isn't updated to show how many of those rooms they now have) this way they could limit possible award bookings to only 1 or 2 rooms per night.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, noticed that in the recent thread on this propert. On one hand it's nice that they opened up availability, but I had no clue that they created a property for this. Anyone have pictures of this room? Didn't know it's where the staff used to stay...
Old Sep 1, 2007, 4:12 am

Programs: Currently without any status :(
Well, what about this possibility:

They did have rooms for Award but are so booked out that they have added additionally rooms for the awards as they where urged to do so by the demand?

Don't forget how complicated it is to book in some areas, for example the booking of the Amstel.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 9:13 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF Plat, UA 1k, SPG Gold, IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by htb
Would you mind posting parts of that email here?

HTB.
This is the email from them initally as requested (although it is already listed on page 1 )

Hre is the email I received from them.

------------------------------------------------
Ia orana,

Your reservation:

Intercontinental Thalasso & SPA
28 DEC 2007 - 03 JAN 2008
Sapphire overwater villa upgrade free to a Diamond overwater villa

Intercontinental Tahiti
03-04 JAN 2008
Overwater bungalow Motu upgrade free to a Overwater bungalow Lagoon.

Please remember the new year eve's dinner must be sold with any room booked on December 31 st . The dinner will be cost 31,700cpf per person without tax ( tax : 11%).

Mauruuru

Tahiti FONG (Mrs)

Central Reservations
INTERCONTINENTAL FRENCH POLYNESIA
TAHITI - MOOREA - BORA BORA
BP 6014
98702 Tahiti
Polynésie Française
Tel : + 689 86 51 78
Fax : +689 86 51 28
www.tahitiresorts.intercontinental.com
InterContinental Moorea Resort and Spa listed in Conde Nast 2007
Gold List of World's Best Hotels & Resorts
InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa listed in Conde Nast 2007 HOT LIST of World's Top new hotels.
Deep Ocean Spa by Algotherm listed as one of 75 HOT SPAS for 2007. The only resort and spa listed in Conde Nast for French Polynesia.
InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa was awarded the 2007 InterContinental Hotels Group Best New Hotel Developement.
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

----------------------------------------------
Old Sep 1, 2007, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by thehaloboy
"Mr Justins, we are very sorry for issues you have had regarding the New Years Eve Dinner at the Thalasso Resort and Spa Bora Bora.

This has been a large miscommunication from the hotel to you, as the dinner is included in the cost of your hotel stay for New Years Eve, which is why that rate was higher than other nights.
LOL, sure sounds like the hotel was trying to pull a fast one on you. And after relooking at your reservation in Post #8, this explanation actually doesn't make sense either. Rather, I believe that IC Thalasso was planning on screwing you out of another AU$1000. But when you called their game to the Amb Center the Amb Service Center was smart enough to realize that what IC Thalasso was doing is in fact illegal.

Run the numbers, NYE is 91,588XPF. All other nights are 57,126XPF. Subtract out the cost of the meals (31,700 x 2 = 63,400XPF). Now subtract that from the NYE rate and the "real" cost of the NYE night would be 28,188XPF, which is less than half the price of the other nights. So that explanation doesn't make sense either when you run the numbers. I think they realize that they got caught red-handed trying to do something illegal so Amb C.S. fixed it ASAP before it escalated any further................ie, legal action. Good job by Amb C.S. ^ But bad job by IC Thalasso.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 3:01 pm

And BTW, I don't have a problem with IC Thalasso charging AU$1000 for dinner. That's their choice.....................as long as it is disclosed at the time of booking if it is required. We all have a choice in where we decide to stay, but these type of "required" costs need to be known at the time of booking. ^
Old Sep 2, 2007, 9:25 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Sydfly
...HIGH SPEED INTERNET 100 SQM FLAT SCREEN TV...
Where can I buy one of those 100 SQM (around 1000 sft) flat screen TVs?

HTB.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Sydfly
2 BEDROOMS FAMILY SUITE CORAL
VILLA WITH GARDEN VIEW 2 BEDROOMS WITH A KING BED AND 2 SINGLE BEDS LIVING ROOM TERRACE HIGH SPEED INTERNET 100 SQM FLAT SCREEN TV DVD PLAYER CEILING FAN AIRCON ESPRESSO MACHINE MINIBAR DIRECT DIAL PHONES SAFE BOX ROLLAWAY BED AVAILABLE AT CHARGE

When we were in BB 1earlier this year I'm pretty sure that they were using these rooms as staff accomodation.

Not too shabby for staff. Maybe I'll apply for a job...sounds pretty plush!

Of course, you guys in the Pacific seems to overlook the extent of exotic properties you have to choose from compared to those of us in NAmerica or Europe. While we can certainly fly to these getaways, the cost is quite steep...and pickings in our neck of the woods is slim and pedestrian. So can't say I have much sympathy for any restrictions or supposed downgrading of accommodation.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 5:49 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Of course, you guys in the Pacific seems to overlook the extent of exotic properties you have to choose from compared to those of us in NAmerica or Europe. While we can certainly fly to these getaways, the cost is quite steep...and pickings in our neck of the woods is slim and pedestrian. So can't say I have much sympathy for any restrictions or supposed downgrading of accommodation.
Don't know who you mean when you say "you guys in the Pacific" - Tahiti is pretty much exactly half way between SYD and LAX and there aren't a huge number of people living in between. We all have to fly to get there.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by schofs
I'll be able to let you know for sure in Sept
Have a great time!
Old Sep 2, 2007, 11:06 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, OP-Plat, WN-CP A-List Rapid Rewards, HH Diamond, Starwood SPG.....
Any recommendations on where to stay for a first timer to BB? I'm going for my honeymoon so I'm sure most places will be accomodating. I've looking at the St. Regis but haven't decided yet.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Beside Villa Mahana, Bloody Mary and Top dive Bora Bora restaurant are the very famous places for dinner. It is not difficult to bump into a celebrity at Bloody Mary
Sure, you may bump into a celebrity at Bloody Mary's but don't expect an outstanding meal. Tourist trip.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by DL Sky
Any recommendations on where to stay for a first timer to BB? I'm going for my honeymoon so I'm sure most places will be accomodating. I've looking at the St. Regis but haven't decided yet.
Thalasso or the St Regis, $$$ no object. The classic Bora Bora view is Mt Otemanu, which only a few bungalows have at Bora Bora Nui. Hotel Bora Bora is way past its prime, living on old, outdated glory.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone have any experience yet with this new room category? Has anyone booked that room and received an upgrade to a bungalow? As others have said it would kind of suck to go here and not get a bungalow...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.