Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Hoping someone can provide me some insight on this..

I plan to book 2 business class tickets via Air Tahiti Nui (thru AA) from JFK - PPT (It will most likely be JFK-LAX then LAX-PPT) for 125K AA miles/pp. Is that worth it? (via orbitz this ticket would cost $6k!) and how likely is it to get two biz tickets for the same flight? I understand they had previously added 8 additional biz seats, does this mean more award possibility as well?

And my 2nd question is... I am looking at the dates flight arrival to PPT is 5AM. I would have to book PPT-BOB separately from the award via Air Tahiti (plan to book the 8AM flight). Is it possible to have AA book the award and in addition, the last leg (PPT-BOB) so IN CASE of any delays and missing the PPT-BOB flight, I would be covered. That is my biggest fear since that flight alone cost $500/pp!

I am a noob! Please enlighten me!
If you plan to book two seats in TN J LAX-PPT, you better be booking the minute it comes out. We booked LGA-PHL-LAX-PPT for November, and I believe there are only two AA awards spots released per TN flight. As others have said, if you find the TN space you want, book it and figure out the domestic legs later. We had a lot of trouble finding award space from LGA to LAX, as the entire award has to be in super saver business(or ours did at least). We lucked out due to the merger, the agent was able to book us on US air flights domestically, as AA had absolutely no space available for our days. Expert flyer is a great help in finding the space, especially the domestic portions.

It is a great use of AA miles. One I my wife's childhood dreams was BOB, but thought it was never possible for her. We would have had a hard time affording the trip without points and miles, and we sure as heck wouldn't be doing it in J.

Good luck!
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Thanks! Was able to book two j round trip JFK-lax, lax-ppt. BUT for both to/from for the domestic leg, we are currently on different flights but are on the same flight for lax-ppt & ppt-lax. It's weird that all the aa lax-JFK had only one j seat on their flights. I'm hoping it's because they didn't open up more award space yet but will later on. I'm planning on subscribing to expert flyer and keep alerts when one of our flights will open up another j seat and will then be able to switch! *crosses fingers*
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Thanks! Was able to book two j round trip JFK-lax, lax-ppt. BUT for both to/from for the domestic leg, we are currently on different flights but are on the same flight for lax-ppt & ppt-lax. It's weird that all the aa lax-JFK had only one j seat on their flights. I'm hoping it's because they didn't open up more award space yet but will later on. I'm planning on subscribing to expert flyer and keep alerts when one of our flights will open up another j seat and will then be able to switch! *crosses fingers*
Sent you a message but where have you decided to stay? I still haven't had any luck with thalasso for next summer trying at midnight every night for weeks and not seeing anything!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:17 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...re-merger-445/
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by terpfan101
Sent you a message but where have you decided to stay? I still haven't had any luck with thalasso for next summer trying at midnight every night for weeks and not seeing anything!
A previous poster had mentioned calling IHG direct in an attempt to find award space. It may be worth a try. I don't think anyone who has attempted to book online lately has found any days open. It does seem very sketchy.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:19 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Please focus on the IC Thaloasso Bora Bora in this thread. Question about how to got there (i.e. award travel) should be done in the dedicated airline forums.

Thank you very much
FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Sep 7, 2014, 7:26 pm

Hi All- I have 2 nights on rewards here for the end of May but I would like to change it to 1 week prior due to schedule conflict. Of course, there are no more reward nights for the nights I would like to change it to. Has anyone successfully contacted Thalasso for an exception?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:02 am

Question to those that have been here and the Hilton Moorea. I'm trying to finalize honeymoon plans for one in 2015 and have award six nights booked here in the overwater bungalow. My reservation here goes from Saturday night to Thursday night (departing Friday), so a total of six nights. My award flight to FP lands in PPT in the early AM on a Wednesday. I want to do an award stay at the Hilton Moorea which if I left things alone with the IC Thalasso, I could only do Weds, Thurs, and Fri night at a cost of 240,000 points. I'd like to do a four night AXON award for 260,000 points, but that'd come at the expense of one night at the IC Thalasso as I need to leave Friday.

So is 4 nights at the Moorea and 5 nights at the Thalasso a smart idea or would I be better with 3 + 6 (keeping in mind it's only 20k more points for that fourth Moorea night). Only real downside I see is losing that free OWB for one night and having to pay for an upgrade at Moorea (I'm gold). Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by terpfan101
Question to those that have been here and the Hilton Moorea. I'm trying to finalize honeymoon plans for one in 2015 and have award six nights booked here in the overwater bungalow. My reservation here goes from Saturday night to Thursday night (departing Friday), so a total of six nights. My award flight to FP lands in PPT in the early AM on a Wednesday. I want to do an award stay at the Hilton Moorea which if I left things alone with the IC Thalasso, I could only do Weds, Thurs, and Fri night at a cost of 240,000 points. I'd like to do a four night AXON award for 260,000 points, but that'd come at the expense of one night at the IC Thalasso as I need to leave Friday.

So is 4 nights at the Moorea and 5 nights at the Thalasso a smart idea or would I be better with 3 + 6 (keeping in mind it's only 20k more points for that fourth Moorea night). Only real downside I see is losing that free OWB for one night and having to pay for an upgrade at Moorea (I'm gold). Thanks!
Stay in Bora... 3 nights in Moorea is enough...
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Buzzman
Stay in Bora... 3 nights in Moorea is enough...
Just a dissenting opinion here, but i would do 4+5..

My wife and I enjoyed Moorea much more.
Bora Bora is all that more.. but it's natural beauty and you kinda take it for granted a little after a while. The snorkeling, and activities are way better at Moorea.

In Moorea, you can spend:
a day doing the shark/ray tour
a day ATVing / touring the island (which the ATV takes you around to)
snorkelling right off the OWB at Moorea ..
1 day just to laze around.

5 days in Bora is plenty b/c your activities are basically:
- laze around by the pool (snorkelling is no fun on a sandy bottom)
- jetski around the island
- go to the mainland to checkout the small town / bike a bit
- baby making.

If you dive.. diving is pretty decent at both places, but Moorea was a bit better with the sharks and marine life i thought.
The view is spectacular at Bora2, but plenty to do/love about Moorea.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Based on my first trip a few years ago, I'm doing 3 days bora bora,7 days Moorea. VMSEA summed it up well.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Am here now, on points. The emerald OWB I got for the first night is very close to the boat dock and wi didn't like the location at all. 139 (138 and 137 also not great but not quite as close).

Switched to 203 (still emerald). And it's fabulous. Fantastic view. (201 and 202 would be similar)
Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:10 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I asked for 202-205 on check in, the others either face the beach or the boat dock...we'll see what happens when we check in.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
Switched to 203 (still emerald). And it's fabulous. Fantastic view. (201 and 202 would be similar)
Enough sun on this side?....
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
We are planning on going there in April 2015. How's the weather around that time? Got 5 free nights to redeem at IC Bora^2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.