Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by tcarter1
As of yesterday I was able to book an award stay directly in to a Emerald Over Water Villa. I am very excited!
Welcome to FT! You rock.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:41 pm

This is good news.

But, having spent nearly two weeks at Le Moana, I would still go there again on points
Old Jan 10, 2014, 4:10 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
something tells me availability is gonna drop like a stone given how easy it is to earn points
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:52 am

Wink

Originally Posted by ps9a
Welcome to FT! You rock.
Wow seems like my first post on FT is popular! So glad I could add value !

So now I have a question on breakfast. Is there anyway we can order a la carte breakfast from the restaurant? Like just pancakes? Seems crazy to have to buy the whole buffet if you just want one or two things.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by tcarter1
Wow seems like my first post on FT is popular! So glad I could add value !

So now I have a question on breakfast. Is there anyway we can order a la carte breakfast from the restaurant? Like just pancakes? Seems crazy to have to buy the whole buffet if you just want one or two things.
Don't think so... When we stayed a Le Moana, we went into Viatape and bought baguettes, butter and cheese, fruit and had breakfast in the room most of the days...
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by patchan8984
Is my understanding that breakfast is free w/ paid rooms but needs to be paid for w/ award nights? Anyone have any experience with a half board/full board plan?
It doesn't look like you got an answer to this specifically, did you? I'd be interested as well. We've booked a second trip to FP using points, and would love to be able to purchase a half-board option if possible.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:17 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
It doesn't look like you got an answer to this specifically, did you? I'd be interested as well. We've booked a second trip to FP using points, and would love to be able to purchase a half-board option if possible.
No one seems to know, I'll email the hotel directly and see if I can get an answer.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:59 am

Hi guys, I have a couple of questions. I currently have 3 nights booked and a fourth at the IC Tahiti. Is that enough? Reason is that the only star alliance flights are Monday and Fridays, so it's either 4 or 7 nights total. Second question, the only flight option out of PPT is at 2AM, what can I do on my last day being that I need to check out of the hotel much earlier than that? I see a flight in the evening, from BOB to PPT, but even that gives an additional 8 hours or so at the airport, I will have a toddler with me, so will need a place for her to relax, thanks
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by babypuwet
Hi guys, I have a couple of questions. I currently have 3 nights booked and a fourth at the IC Tahiti. Is that enough? Reason is that the only star alliance flights are Monday and Fridays, so it's either 4 or 7 nights total. Second question, the only flight option out of PPT is at 2AM, what can I do on my last day being that I need to check out of the hotel much earlier than that? I see a flight in the evening, from BOB to PPT, but even that gives an additional 8 hours or so at the airport, I will have a toddler with me, so will need a place for her to relax, thanks
late check out at the hotel in BOB, last flight to Tahiti (19:20 - 20:10) - wait there until 2am (6 hours). We have the same situation
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by Marco159
late check out at the hotel in BOB, last flight to Tahiti (19:20 - 20:10) - wait there until 2am (6 hours). We have the same situation
PPT is not a fun place to hang out. Usually extremely hot and muggy. Little or no facilities outside of security. After security it is a bit more comfortable. I have taken the last flight from BOB to PPT on three occasions for an 2300 flight to LAX and even that was miserable. Cannot imagine 3 more hours.

I would book a short term room to wait for the flight.

As for whether 3 in BOB and 1 in PPT is enough, I wouldn't do it. Even though it is only a little over an hour flight to and from PPT, you are still wasting the better part of a day between check-in, flight, baggage wait and transfers to and from hotel. Not my cup of tea.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by patchan8984
Is my understanding that breakfast is free w/ paid rooms but needs to be paid for w/ award nights? Anyone have any experience with a half board/full board plan?
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Got a reply from the central office for anyone interested. I asked about both Le Moana & Thalasso half & full board options:

Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort
American breakfast : 3,363cfp + 17% tax/day/person
Half board : 10,483cfp + 17% tax/day/person
Full board : 14,283 + 17% tax/day/person

Intercontinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa
American breakfast : 3,363cfp + 17% tax/day/person
Half board : 10,483cfp + 17% tax/day/person
Full board : 14,283 + 17% tax/day/person
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
The hotel is currently showing Emerald OWV as their 'lowest room category', and it's available for points redemption of 50 000/night, is this always true? I'm planning to use my IHG points there, but still couldn't decide on the date. And I'm in dilemma between IC Fiji and IC Thalasso.
I have been in Tahiti now for couple of weeks and will go to Bora Bora next week to check out the IC's.

Thalasso has now upgraded my Emerald reservation to Sapphire. This likely due to the RA status.

Originally Posted by cactuspete
No. BOB, which requires a $500-ish RT Air Tahiti flight from PPT.
You can buy the flights directly from Air Tahiti's website for $300. That's what I did.

The SITI price is $300 and SOTO $450 to $500. The site is in French, but unless you are complete idiot it is rather easy to navigate even for non-French speaker.

As a matter of fact, I wanted to be bit more adventurous and take the twice weekly overnight boat from Papeete to Bora Bora that has few stops along the way, but it was sold out for the next three weeks.

The price would have been $20 to $50 one-way depending whether you want a cabin or not.

Originally Posted by mitpat474
something tells me availability is gonna drop like a stone given how easy it is to earn points
I doubt it. It is same with the Maldives. It is rather expensive destination to get to and it ain't cheap once you get here and factor in F&B and the local transportation expenses.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA CO UA
Originally Posted by holtju2
I have been in Tahiti now for couple of weeks and will go to Bora Bora next week to check out the IC's.

Thalasso has now upgraded my Emerald reservation to Sapphire. This likely due to the RA status.

You can buy the flights directly from Air Tahiti's website for $300. That's what I did.

The SITI price is $300 and SOTO $450 to $500. The site is in French, but unless you are complete idiot it is rather easy to navigate even for non-French speaker.

As a matter of fact, I wanted to be bit more adventurous and take the twice weekly overnight boat from Papeete to Bora Bora that has few stops along the way, but it was sold out for the next three weeks.

The price would have been $20 to $50 one-way depending whether you want a cabin or not.

I doubt it. It is same with the Maldives. It is rather expensive destination to get to and it ain't cheap once you get here and factor in F&B and the local transportation expenses.

What does siti and soto stand for?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Lczar
What does siti and soto stand for?
SITI = Sold Inside Ticketed Inside
SOTO = Sold Outside Ticketed Outside
Old Jan 17, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA CO UA
Originally Posted by holtju2
SITI = Sold Inside Ticketed Inside
SOTO = Sold Outside Ticketed Outside

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.