Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by hdogan
With a BOGO, one night should post as eligible, the other as non-eligible. If you ever had BOGO stays posted otherwise, you should have called IHG Rewards hotline and complained about it.
I used a bunch of BOGO certificates and the result is always the same: 0 credit, even for the paid night. I had called and was told that it was the rule.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:21 pm

My long report posted last night, based on my several stays (including one two weeks ago) in this great hotel:
http://lenticulartravel.com/intercon...o-trip-report/
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:46 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
My long report posted last night, based on my several stays (including one two weeks ago) in this great hotel:
http://lenticulartravel.com/intercon...o-trip-report/

Thank you for the great report! Do you have a current e-mail address of the hotel GM? I booked a weeks stay on points, and its actually our (delayed) honeymoon and 1st wedding anniversary So I'd like to try my luck on the upgrade... PM is fine for the e-mail address, as I'm not sure if it would be OK to post it in public according to FT T&Cs.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by UASPG
I used a bunch of BOGO certificates and the result is always the same: 0 credit, even for the paid night. I had called and was told that it was the rule.
I used my BOGO at the Intercontinental Tahiti, and agree with the result: O credit, even for the paid night.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by mebluemouse
I am planning my trip to Bora Bora this November during Thanksgiving and thanks to your great report. I have booked 6 nights by points at IC Thalasso and am thinking about pay three nights for upgrade. Do you think it is with high possibility that I can stay at the OWB for the whole 6 nights? Another question is do I need to buy the PA membership? Is it helpful?
We were going to stay in Bora Bora over Thanksgiving, but while accumulating PC points, availability disappeared--it might have been you! We are now going to Bora Bora the week before, and heading to Moorea the 24th. We may have some overlap in Bora Bora. We found flight availability with AA miles and worked the hotels around the flights.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by hdogan
Thank you for the great report! Do you have a current e-mail address of the hotel GM? I booked a weeks stay on points, and its actually our (delayed) honeymoon and 1st wedding anniversary So I'd like to try my luck on the upgrade... PM is fine for the e-mail address, as I'm not sure if it would be OK to post it in public according to FT T&Cs.

I contacted the reservation desk for the Tahiti region and they gave me a free upgrade to Thalasso OWB as an ambassador member.

[email protected]
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Booked 5 nights on points at Thalasso at beginning of October - heard weather still shoudln't be too rainy and we are at the edge of the peak/shoulder seasons. Given free upgrade from Coral to Emerald for all 5 nights. Following are upgrade rates:

Upgrade to Sapphire Villa: 15000xpf + tax per night (instead of 25000++)
Upgrade to Diamond Villa: 25000xpf + tax per night (instead of 35000++)
Upgrade to Diamond Otemanu Villa: 35000xpf + tax per night (instead of 45000++)

I have a friend who also confirmed these numbers. Per all the trip reports that I've read, it may be worth it to upgrade to Sapphire for a specific villa (106? 108?), but will wait until closer to departure to make sure this trip happens. Hope Air New Zealand will not modify their flight schedule too much within the next 10 months.

Has anyone ever inquried about breakfast or half board/full board rates...worth it?

Thanks,

Patrick.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by patchan8984
Booked 5 nights on points at Thalasso at beginning of October - heard weather still shoudln't be too rainy and we are at the edge of the peak/shoulder seasons. Given free upgrade from Coral to Emerald for all 5 nights. Following are upgrade rates:

Upgrade to Sapphire Villa: 15000xpf + tax per night (instead of 25000++)
Upgrade to Diamond Villa: 25000xpf + tax per night (instead of 35000++)
Upgrade to Diamond Otemanu Villa: 35000xpf + tax per night (instead of 45000++)

I have a friend who also confirmed these numbers. Per all the trip reports that I've read, it may be worth it to upgrade to Sapphire for a specific villa (106? 108?), but will wait until closer to departure to make sure this trip happens. Hope Air New Zealand will not modify their flight schedule too much within the next 10 months.

Has anyone ever inquried about breakfast or half board/full board rates...worth it?

Thanks,

Patrick.
Wow how's it possible they gave you upgrade on points automatically? Are you ambassador? I'm about to book 2 nights le moana and 3 nights thalasso.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
RA...for now...
Old Nov 22, 2013, 9:23 pm

OWB #104

we were upgraded from coral suite to OWB #104 and we loved it! We had music waft across the water and could hop on a paddleboard to go back and forth to the beach. We went in June and had fabulous weather, so we may go another time in June. We took the snorkel tour with Fabien from Reef Discovery and had so much fun. The dinner restaurant has really amazing food and the fire dancers were a lot of fun. The beach crew are really friendly and make the sting ray feeding very interactive and fun, poisson cru demo and tasting, hat making, and sarongs for men and women. Loved this resort as it was both stunningly beautiful and fun, not stuffy at all.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:00 pm

Just back from staying at 3 of the 4 ICs in Tahiti, all on points. We were upgraded to an emerald OWB, #102 with a view of the beach. We are both AMB. Got an emerald OWB and asked for a further upgrade seeing as we're both AMB. They said, yes, for our 3rd-5th nights they could upgrade us to a diamond OWB. We were on the main island all of the 3rd day, with dinner at Villa Mahana. After we returned from that dinner we went to the front desk whereupon we found out they wanted $200 a night for the upgrade. We complained and said no money was ever mentioned when we asked for the upgrade as AMBs. The front desk clerk would not budge, saying he could not give us a "triple upgrade". No thanks.

A note on the garden villas--all were occupied by staff when we were there. A staff member at the pool told us the "big boss" was staying there and they are always used for staff. I know a couple of people have reported being unlucky enough not to be upgraded to an OWB, but in the low season it seems worth taking the chance of not paying for an upgrade.

A note about activities--don't book through the hotel. We figured out that the "Pure Snorkeling" tour is run by Reef Discoveries (on trip advisor). We called them and paid with a cc over the phone for 100,000 xfp instead of 125,000 xfp per person. Easy. We got a receipt on the boat and the other couple from the IC had to give the voucher they bought from the IC activities desk. Check trip advisor and call directly to book activities you want.

All in all, a lovely stay. My first OWB experience. We brought inflatable tubes and loved floating around in the water. We actually met two other couples this way, floating past their decks. One was from Australia and the other from Brazil. Everyone seemed so happy and friendly.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 5:49 pm

NEW GM?

does anyone know the email for the GM?
I was promised a honeymoon upgrade but the old managers email is now not working
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:08 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
just to recap what i have mentioned before but many pages ago
i stayed in easter 2012 for a week. the hotel was full , my trick was to book a sapphire on the BOGO and five nights on the points (then 40,000) .
i then negotiated to forego the sapphire for the guarantee of an emerald for 7 nights. 206 is the best emerald which i requested and received. all in all very happy indeed!
plat/RA
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Is the week after Easter usually a full week? Still debating to pay for the upgrade or just risk it!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:40 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
i went i think wed to wed and the weekend was Easter. i was told the hotel was full and i reckon it might of been. but there was 25% of the villas out for renovation when we were there.

all villas are the same except for the view. has there been any incidents of anyone not getting an OWB in the last 18 months ?

la moana is also nice by the way , we got the boat over to la moana a few times

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.