Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Old Sep 12, 2013, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by vmsea
I believe that's rain season so it won't be so busy.. no need to worry
That's good news, thanks. Hopefully not rainy all the time then. I'm thinking I'll BOGO a Diamond and hope they let me either stay there on the points nights too or upgrade me to the Otemanu for the whole stay.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 1:14 am

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Montacute
That's good news, thanks. Hopefully not rainy all the time then. I'm thinking I'll BOGO a Diamond and hope they let me either stay there on the points nights too or upgrade me to the Otemanu for the whole stay.
yah if you BOGO a diamond, you will most likely stay in the same room the entire time.. to be honest, Sapphire/diamond/Otemanu are all the same room, and while otemanu you would get the 'end of the line' feel, diamond and sapphire have really no difference. u're 20 feet further away, with nothing really else.. so i'd either BOGO the Otemanu or just go sapphire, but taht's my advice.

rain - yah it'll rain but most likely evening/morning.. with short showers during the day but most likely not bad at all. have a great time!
Old Sep 18, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by twin123185
Am staying there for an overnight during my cruise in a few weeks. Used my free night - booked it 6 months ago. They put me in one of the non overwater bungalows and I have received a few emails telling me of the prices to upgrade.
Does anyone have the latest upgrade prices? Have they changed at all?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:48 am

Last week I was upgraded to the cheapest of the overwater villas for no charge. Amazing place. I used my free night that I get with the Visa card. Not a bad stay for free. Well I did pay about $3.50 in city tax. When I originally made the reservation I was offered upgraded from approx $200-$500 for the night. I took my chances and it paid off.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Question

Originally Posted by twin123185
Last week I was upgraded to the cheapest of the overwater villas for no charge. Amazing place. I used my free night that I get with the Visa card. Not a bad stay for free. Well I did pay about $3.50 in city tax. When I originally made the reservation I was offered upgraded from approx $200-$500 for the night. I took my chances and it paid off.
Are you an ambassador or royal ambassador or did they just upgrade you because you have basic IHG status from the credit card?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:24 pm

I have Platinum Ambassador status. They gave me 4pm check out also.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:57 pm

I am planning my trip to Bora Bora this November during Thanksgiving and thanks to your great report. I have booked 6 nights by points at IC Thalasso and am thinking about pay three nights for upgrade. Do you think it is with high possibility that I can stay at the OWB for the whole 6 nights? Another question is do I need to buy the PA membership? Is it helpful?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 11:42 am

For my stay at the Thalasso 2 months ago, I bought the $200 Ambassador membership. I then emailed their central reservation office and inquired about an upgrade. They replied that they have automatically upgraded me to OWB for free as a benefit of my Ambassador status. My reservation was modified to reflect the upgrade so I was much more assured of my upgrade.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:08 pm

Bottom line is that it depends on how full the hotel is!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Points and AMB status?

Wow! I'm scared to take my chances. I want to book 3 nights on points. I think I will buy Amb status first, then inquire. Is that a good strategy? Is end of April still low season?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: AA CO UA
Originally Posted by romsdeals3
Wow! I'm scared to take my chances. I want to book 3 nights on points. I think I will buy Amb status first, then inquire. Is that a good strategy? Is end of April still low season?
I am staying two nights on points and having been going back and forth about purchasing amb status but from what I am reading it will not help me when staying on points.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Lczar
purchasing amb status ..... it will not help me when staying on points.
If my experience is a good indicator, it will not.
Ambassador perks are for paid nights. Same for Royal Ambassador.
IC Ambassador is no SPG Ambassador, but it's easier to get.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UASPG
If my experience is a good indicator, it will not.
Ambassador perks are for paid nights. Same for Royal Ambassador.
IC Ambassador is no SPG Ambassador, but it's easier to get.
Such a hard decision! Is it worth getting if I'm staying all on points? I guess I can try to make good use of the BOGO is I don't get any upgrades. It would be more of a wash I think.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by romsdeals3
Such a hard decision! I guess I can try to make good use of the BOGO is I don't get any upgrades.
The last time I checked, the paid night of the BOGO was 25% higher than the pre-paid night rate. It's more like BOGONSF!

Also, BOGO gives you 0 credit, for either night (in my opinion, a flaw in the PC program, especially taken in consideration the prices of the nights when you use the BOGO certificates.

(Not So Free).
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UASPG
Also, BOGO gives you 0 credit, for either night (in my opinion, a flaw in the PC program, especially taken in consideration the prices of the nights when you use the BOGO certificates.
With a BOGO, one night should post as eligible, the other as non-eligible. If you ever had BOGO stays posted otherwise, you should have called IHG Rewards hotline and complained about it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.