Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
That is disappointing... How are bungalows, they must be getting
a little old..
I stayed at the south wing which was closed for renovation in February. Nothing was changed, same old furniture and layouts. The glass coffee table has a large spider web crack though! I really don't understand why it was so difficult for them to replace the broken glass. The only improvement is the rubber carpet on the walkway along the bungalows for sound absorption, so you won't be awakened by the buggies in the early morning like it used to be.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
One more question: do they still offer their "Bora Bora" blue drink?
THey did in June.. but it's like 22 euros. hahaha
happy hour 2 for 1 though!
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:49 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Besides, free internet access for PC, AMB or RA member is now limited to only 1 device per room.
I'm now carrying a TL-WR710N with me whenever staying at hotels. It's (quite a bit) bigger than the smaller TL-WR702N, but it allows you to share wireless access as well (not only LAN-based). Even though it's bigger, it's not really heavy.

Basically you connect the TL-WR710 to the paid wireless, and connect any your devices to the TL-WR. The hotel will only see one device. Problem solved.

HTB.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:35 pm

Hi,

I'm thinking about going to Bora Bora in November 2014. I have IHG points to redeem 2 nights, but I won't have my 2 free annual reward certificates to use until June 2014. Does anyone know how far in advance you need to book the IC Thalasso with 1. reward points and 2. reward certificates?

Also, has anyone had luck upgrading from the Coral Suite to an OWB recently/around November?
Old Aug 24, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by Oliviabsg
Hi,

I'm thinking about going to Bora Bora in November 2014. I have IHG points to redeem 2 nights, but I won't have my 2 free annual reward certificates to use until June 2014. Does anyone know how far in advance you need to book the IC Thalasso with 1. reward points and 2. reward certificates?

Also, has anyone had luck upgrading from the Coral Suite to an OWB recently/around November?
You have lot's of time for Nov '14... probably even to June '14
Old Aug 31, 2013, 9:59 pm

Am staying there for an overnight during my cruise in a few weeks. Used my free night - booked it 6 months ago. They put me in one of the non overwater bungalows and I have received a few emails telling me of the prices to upgrade.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 1:55 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by twin123185
Am staying there for an overnight during my cruise in a few weeks. Used my free night - booked it 6 months ago. They put me in one of the non overwater bungalows and I have received a few emails telling me of the prices to upgrade.
What's your status with IHG? Please report here if they really put you in the beach bungalows, and what their condition is.

Thank you!
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:12 am

I stayed at the south wing which was closed for renovation in February. Nothing was changed, same old furniture and layouts. The glass coffee table has a large spider web crack though! I really don't understand why it was so difficult for them to replace the broken glass. The only improvement is the rubber carpet on the walkway along the bungalows for sound absorption, so you won't be awakened by the buggies in the early morning like it used to be.

Was this spider crack in villa 211? If it's the same suite, the crack is still there
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by iliopsoas
Was this spider crack in villa 211? If it's the same suite, the crack is still there
No, you didn't hit the jackpot lol.... When I reported the damage to the front desk, they said there were quite a lot of coffee tables with cracks, so mine was not the only one. Btw, was the pool still opened when you stayed there?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:51 am

I have Platinum status but also get a free night every year with my Priority Rewards Visa card. Not a bad investment at $49 per year. Will let you know if I get upgraded.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:36 am

No, you didn't hit the jackpot lol.... When I reported the damage to the front desk, they said there were quite a lot of coffee tables with cracks, so mine was not the only one. Btw, was the pool still opened when you stayed there?

Yes, the pool was still open this past Friday. Lots of missing tiles. An apology was posted and people didn't seem to mind.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:22 am

Have to tell you - I am not staying there for the pool!!!!!
Old Sep 8, 2013, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by twin123185
Have to tell you - I am not staying there for the pool!!!!!
Thanks, but really, you don't have to tell us and we are not interested to know if you go there for the pool or not. I was just stating that the pool is in a bad shape, not trying to tell u to stay at the pool. Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:34 pm

Is Thanksgiving week typically a busy time for this resort? I'll be there, doing the BOGO followed by points as a Plat. AMB and am trying to figure my chances for an upgrade on the points nights without paying. SO far, it looks like there is availability in every OWB type.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Montacute
Is Thanksgiving week typically a busy time for this resort? I'll be there, doing the BOGO followed by points as a Plat. AMB and am trying to figure my chances for an upgrade on the points nights without paying. SO far, it looks like there is availability in every OWB type.
I believe that's rain season so it won't be so busy.. no need to worry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.