Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2020, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Buzzman
Yes... surprises me... but they have some rather stringent conditions to fly... a test: Compulsory COVID-19 (RT-PCR) test 72 hours before the departure to French Polynesia, which is ok by me..

I will be there diving on my birthday in October...!!!!
That's the best place to spend your birthday! I wish you lots of joy as you explore one of the most beautiful parts of the world on your special day. Taking a test and taking precautions will be with me for a long time, so to each their own on their level of risk/reward and I'm looking forward to going soon.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:47 pm

Reward Night Strategy 2021

Hope any readers of my post are well. I am diligently trying to plan a summer or fall 2021 Bora Bora trip for my wife and I’s 10 year anniversary, as we were fortunate enough to visit for our honeymoon in 2011.

I’ve read of the difficulty and major challenges with Reward Night availability for this hotel as we hope o use our 200k IHG points for a couple nights and pay for the remainder. I’ve read around a dozen articles of strategies to try. My understanding is IHG posts rewards availability approximately 50 weeks in advance and there’s a trick to view it by searching by Chase Anniversary night.

Even when I practice, I rarely find any Reward Night availability. Is any of this due to Covid and Thalasso being closed, therefore unable to share updates or availability with IHG corporate?

Last edited by mgriffis22; Jun 13, 2020 at 10:48 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by mgriffis22
Hope any readers of my post are well. I am diligently trying to plan a summer or fall 2021 Bora Bora trip for my wife and I’s 10 year anniversary, as we were fortunate enough to visit for our honeymoon in 2011.

I’ve read of the difficulty and major challenges with Reward Night availability for this hotel as we hope o use our 200k IHG points for a couple nights and pay for the remainder. I’ve read around a dozen articles of strategies to try. My understanding is IHG posts rewards availability approximately 50 weeks in advance and there’s a trick to view it by searching by Chase Anniversary night.

Even when I practice, I rarely find any Reward Night availability. Is any of this due to Covid and Thalasso being closed, therefore unable to share updates or availability with IHG corporate?
I would suggest searching upthread. There’s better here on FlyerTalk than you’ll find on any blog.

Award nights are now released four months out. The value is better at Thalasso but your odds of snagging two award nights at Le Moana is much higher. Best of luck!
mgriffis22 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mgriffis22
My understanding is IHG posts rewards availability approximately 50 weeks in advance and there’s a trick to view it by searching by Chase Anniversary night.
I think that died a while ago (seems property-specific and maybe still working elsewhere e.g. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32463113-post187.html). Plus, with no unlimited cert issued after ~5/20, it seems unlikely anyone would have one for next summer anyway.
mgriffis22 likes this.

Last edited by italdesign; Jun 17, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Old Jun 21, 2020, 10:08 am

I'm reading that COVID tests can take up to a week to come back. I assume you need to have the result back by the time you board the flight to Papeete, yet you must have taken the test within the last 72 hours. I wonder how realistic it is to be able to get this test back in time for a flight, and whether this policy is sensible.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 10:19 pm

Thumbs up depends where you live- 24 hours in Bay Area

Originally Posted by persoid
I'm reading that COVID tests can take up to a week to come back. I assume you need to have the result back by the time you board the flight to Papeete, yet you must have taken the test within the last 72 hours. I wonder how realistic it is to be able to get this test back in time for a flight, and whether this policy is sensible.
https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-ne...irus-test.html
Old Jul 19, 2020, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
I might have to do this before I fly to PPT as I cannot find any other testing locations that guarantees 72h or less turnaround.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I might have to do this before I fly to PPT as I cannot find any other testing locations that guarantees 72h or less turnaround.
I think that may be tough...you need to be referred by your provider, and have the appt scheduled within 72 hours of your scheduled flight.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 3:05 pm

How did this work out for you and your wife? I am planning a Bora Bora trip for summer 2021 and run into the same challenge with Thalassao. There may be one date showing Reward Nights availability over a 2 year span. I believe Reward Nights are "released" 120 days in advance which I believe you alluded to. Any best practices would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2020, 1:06 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
I need to cancel two award nights I have booked for Sept. 9 and Sept. 10. Unfortunately I've had to completely change my travel dates due to work responsibilities.

If you are confident you can make use of these dates (not just a speculative booking), drop me a line and we can coordinate cancel/booking times. It's not guaranteed, but often the availability goes back into the system after a room gets cancelled.

I also currently see Sept. 5 as available (I don't have it booked) in case anyone wants to put in the work/hope of stringing the dates together.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 4:38 pm

Thank you very much for this kind offer and hope you are able to still make that trip. My wife and I plan to visit in summer 2021 for our 10 year anniversary so we will decline this offer. I frequently search the IHG calendar with "Reward Nights" and/or "Chase Free Night"...and MAYBE find one day in a whole year. Is there anything I should be doing that I am not as I search for availability? Any recommendations are highly appreciated.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 5:10 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
That's a great question, but sadly, I don't have any tips. It's completely based on luck, and the Thalasso is especially notorious with award availability.

It's also incredibly rare for me to see a single night available, let alone two back to back, so I was over the moon to have found these. In the rare instances that award nights do show, it's usually only within the next three months, so I don't think you'll be able to book anything until next spring at the earliest. Maybe that will change, but it's the usual rule of thumb. To confirm, the Chase Free Night is no longer valid at any IC in French Polynesia since the points cost is now capped (at 35k or 40k points I think)

For what it's worth, having stayed at both the Thalasso (2 paid nights) and the Moana (6 award nights with free upgrade 5/6 nights as Platinum Ambassador) in the past, my wife and I still had a wonderful experience at the Moana. Award availability is much, much easier to come by, and the ability to leave the hotel (since it's on the main island) was awesome. While the suite and the views at the Thalasso are incredible, we really disliked the food but felt "stuck" there and unable to eat anywhere else without paying through the nose for the boat shuttles. We say rays swim by our OTW bungalow at both hotels, so both have plenty of incredible experiences to offer .
Old Jul 27, 2020, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Troopers
I think that may be tough...you need to be referred by your provider, and have the appt scheduled within 72 hours of your scheduled flight.
I've determined a suitable workaround for this with a healthcare provider in ATL so we'll see if this works on Thursday.
spellbound2 and Troopers like this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
My family of four is planning a Feb trip to FP for 7 nights. Two kids ages 11 & 8.
Got very lucky and booked 4 NTS at the Thalasso with 4th night free benefit. No doubt Covid helped us with that. At any rate, our schedule is 2 nights at the Tahiti Pearl upon arrival, 4 NTS at Thalasso, the finish with a NT at IC Tahiti. My question is, would the Moana suit us better due to easier access to the main island. Which is better when you have kids in tow? How does my stay schedule look?
Thx!
Old Nov 14, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
My family of four is planning a Feb trip to FP for 7 nights. Two kids ages 11 & 8.
Got very lucky and booked 4 NTS at the Thalasso with 4th night free benefit. No doubt Covid helped us with that. At any rate, our schedule is 2 nights at the Tahiti Pearl upon arrival, 4 NTS at Thalasso, the finish with a NT at IC Tahiti. My question is, would the Moana suit us better due to easier access to the main island. Which is better when you have kids in tow? How does my stay schedule look?
Thx!
AFAIK I'm afraid the Moana is closed for the foreseeable future. It would suits you better to access the main island, but the OW suites @ Thalasso are such an amazing experience.
I wouldn't "waste" two nights @ the Tahiti Pearl; IMO not a great experience.
IC Tahiti is a great hotel with very good facilities. I'd swap the Tahiti pearl with the IC.
In any case, enjoy paradise!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.