Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by castcore

Advice for staying in IHG THLASSO and Conrad Nui
Hello, need some advice on Logistics

staying in IC Thalasso 2 nights and Conrad Nui 3 nights next March.

i know Conrad Offers round trip boat rides from BOB and Thalasso the same. But since I will be going to Thalasso from BOB then Thalasso to Conrad Nui then from Nui to BOB.

what would be the best way to arrange my transfers?

please help!
We went from Conrad to the Thalasso so I assume it is the same way only in reverse;

From Thalasso you go to Le Moana, then a quick taxi ride from Le Moana to the dock that the Conrad picks you up from. You can search for the shuttle times for both resorts and work out what works best for you. We managed to get from the Conrad to Thalasso in just about an hour ... we had planned for two hours but when we got to the Le Moana, there was a boat there just about to leave which we jumped on (otherwise we would have waited an hour at the Le Moana by the pool).
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:21 am

July 3rd is available right now,if you are still looking to add a night
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Gabrielang
If anyone has 7/22, 7/25, or 7/26(next month)LE MOANA free night and plan to cancel, please let me know as I am still checking the award availability day and night.

Feel free to PM me if you like. Many thanks!^
Not sure if IHG will release it back to inventory after cancellation , cuz I canceled the 7/31 Le Moana one night earlier this month and i immediately check the availability right after I cancelled , the date didn’t become available and I wrote an email to resort to see if they can book for me, they said that date was taken , but how can it be taken in few seconds right after I cancelled it. Now I have to check daily to see if there is more open nights ,get my finger crossed ><
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by ying727

Not sure if IHG will release it back to inventory after cancellation , cuz I canceled the 7/31 Le Moana one night earlier this month and i immediately check the availability right after I cancelled , the date didn’t become available and I wrote an email to resort to see if they can book for me, they said that date was taken , but how can it be taken in few seconds right after I cancelled it. Now I have to check daily to see if there is more open nights ,get my finger crossed ><
Thanks for your kind reminder.At least we can check the possibility to book once it was cancelled
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:17 pm

I will be releasing October 12th and 13th. Please PM if your interested in taking these nights.

If anyone has 9/2, 9/3, or 9/4 on free nights and you won’t be using it, please let me know. I currently have these nights as paid nights and would love to change them to free nights.

Please understand and that I am not trying to trade. I will be releasing the dates in October and figured they should go to another flyertalker if the go back into inventory.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:46 pm

Currently staying at the IC Thalasso. The boat transfer from Thalasso to Le Moana now cost 3400XPF round trip per person no matter what. No more free shuttle before 2:15pm.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LTP, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by lchan1982
Currently staying at the IC Thalasso. The boat transfer from Thalasso to Le Moana now cost 3400XPF round trip per person no matter what. No more free shuttle before 2:15pm.
Any chance you can take the free air Tahiti shuttle? I'll be staying at an IC as well so I don't know if they can charge me for both ways but I'm sure they'll try...
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by IAlwaysCall
Any chance you can take the free air Tahiti shuttle? I'll be staying at an IC as well so I don't know if they can charge me for both ways but I'm sure they'll try...
The free Air Tahiti shuttle is still available but I just took the transfer through IC because we didn’t get to BOB until 5pm and it was too late to do the long journey to IC Thalasso. I’m glad I didn’t because from what I could gather today, they will “try” to charge you the full 3,400XPF even if it is one way to Thalasso from Le Moana. I hope I’m wrong but it surely sound like it. I didn’t push on the subject for too long since I already paid the transfer fee of around 7,000XPF per person from BOB to the resort.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:58 pm

Anyone needs 6/30/19 rewards night?

Need your advice guys! I missed the cancellation deadline for 6/30/19 rewards night. Don’t judge, new mom here and too many things going on. Don’t even remember booking it, I think I was just testing it if it could be booked with points. Anyway, anyone interested in picking this night up?

Hotel GM is refusing to wave the penalty for cancellation. Not sure what they are losing since it’s rewards night. Any advice? Please please message me if you are interested in this night, maybe we can work something out with the hotel! Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Lanalovestravel
Need your advice guys! I missed the cancellation deadline for 6/30/19 rewards night. Don’t judge, new mom here and too many things going on. Don’t even remember booking it, I think I was just testing it if it could be booked with points. Anyway, anyone interested in picking this night up?

Hotel GM is refusing to wave the penalty for cancellation. Not sure what they are losing since it’s rewards night. Any advice? Please please message me if you are interested in this night, maybe we can work something out with the hotel! Thanks!
Out of curiosity. What is the penalty? Are you just losing the points or is there a fee along with losing the points?

Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:08 pm

I am sorry that happened. I don't see any option at this point other than forfeiting the points as the hotel has refused to waive the penalty. If you do find someone on here who is currently in FP and can use that night you may consider adding their name to the reservation and letting them use it, assuming the hotel allows it.
Lanalovestravel likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by lchan1982
Hmm, looks like shuttle policies and prices are being changed. Perhaps time to edit the wiki?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!

Out of curiosity. What is the penalty? Are you just losing the points or is there a fee along with losing the points?

So IHG customer service said I will get my points back, but hotel will charge me $291. This is the option I went with.

Hotel front office manager Heimona Peters refused to wave the charge. I spoke to him myself couple times and the customer service talked to him multiple times. When speaking directly to him, he told me they would hold my points and not charge me anything. However, he could not process the rewards cancellation because it is on points. Customer service said they don’t have that option. They can only cancel, refund points and it’s up to the hotel to charge me or not. Heimona Peters was very unpleasant to talk to, I kept getting transferred to him although I didn’t want to talk to him, he eventually hang up on me. GM was not available apparently and he promised to talk to him but I don’t think he will. I might try to call GM tomorrow, but it’s been very stressful dealing with them, almost thinking maybe it’s not worth it wasting so much time on this. Being a new mom, taking care of a baby, and having to deal with the hotel manager like this is pretty stressful. I always dreamt of staying in this place in the future, but after this experience, not sure anymore. Maybe if they replace the managers. I thought they would be more understanding of my situation. And please if you are thinking to comment on my post and tell me how it’s my fault and I can’t expect the hotel to wave the charges, don’t, let’s not spread the negativity I’m just sharing my experience and my thoughts. I’ve had enough stress dealing with this cancellation.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by schilpa
I am sorry that happened. I don't see any option at this point other than forfeiting the points as the hotel has refused to waive the penalty. If you do find someone on here who is currently in FP and can use that night you may consider adding their name to the reservation and letting them use it, assuming the hotel allows it.
Thank you, appreciate that! Well I had to cancel to get my points back at least, since they want to charge me anyway. But yes, if I had to forfeit I love your idea about giving it to someone else. Although speaking to the front office manager today, not sure they would allow it.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:21 pm

Thank you, appreciate that! Well I had to cancel to get my points back at least, since they want to charge me anyway. But yes, if I had to forfeit I love your idea about giving it to someone else. Although speaking to the front office manager today, not sure they would allow it.
Thank you for your reply. I am truly sorry for your experience with the property and the horrible customer service. I wish you the best and be happy to get your points back for only a $300 fee. I have had cancellation policies that would have charged me over $2k for not showing up. Try to have a good rest of your weekend.
Lanalovestravel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.